The old farm house grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by cloudsurfer, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Howdy everyone on grasscity! As a long time lurker, long time toker and 3yr outdoor grower I have decided to grow indoor. I have just bought a house(an old farm house) and have decided to try indoor. Im using sunblaze t5 4ft 8 bulb for veg and if financially it works out flower under a 600 hps. Im growing in fox farm happy frog and will transplant into ocean forest. I am of course holding of on nutes for at least 3 weeks. Don't know what nutes i will go with. As of right now I am just starting my seeds in a closet until i get my basement rewired. Gotta love old farmhouse wiring not a single outlet in the basement lol.

Alright I got 10 seeds
    3 pineapple express
    3 querkle
    2 orange diesel X long bottom leaf
    2 headband X bubblegum.

I started germinating my seeds yesterday at 7:30. As a long time paper towel and plate style germinating i tried something new that my friend told me to do, I let them soak in a shot glass with half water half hydrogen peroxide. Believe it or not 7 of the ten had popped and had a long tail already in 20 hrs and those seven are now planted in degradeable jiffy pots with happy frog soil. Still nothing on the other 3.

Popped seeds
    3 querkle
    2 pineapple express
    2 headband

Hopefully the orange diesel pops soon. Here is a pic of the temp spot

Attached Files:

2. I subbed, sounds like its gonna be a good grow

3. Alright well woke up this morning, both orange diesels have popped but I am going to wait for them to get a little longer tails. I didn't notice any difference in the last pineapple express seed but we will see. I will post a pic of the shot glass just in case anyone who wants to try germinating with peroxide can see how i did it. Also I don't know how to do this but maybe a mod could move this to grow journal section?

4. All ten seeds popped and are planted as of yesterday evening. Got them under t5. Also going to pick up a strawberry cough and a Cindy 99 clone tomorrow. That will put me at 12 plants total 2 being females for sure. Any input is welcome.

5. Subb'd looks interesting! gonna be a lot of fun... Cloud where you get your seeds from? That headband x bubblegum and orange diesel sound delicious! I don't have a journal but im currently growing female seeds bubblegummer and Humboldt chemdawg, yesterday was the start of 3rd week of flower. And in vegg, some fruity delicious chronic juice, thc bomb, and female seeds ww x bb.

6. I get all my seeds from my friends who either grow or work at dispebsaries. Living in Michigan makes it super easy to find anything when it come to seeds or clones. I wish i had some pictures for you guys but my seeds are taking their sweet time popping out of that dirt. On the bright side i am getting my de humidifier for the basement and i will be wiring it all up today and possibly panda film today as well. The wife has told me that i can use half of the whole basement for growing. So yea buddy lol

7. Glad to see your using soil!
    Good luck, if you have any questions I might be able to help with feel free to ask.
    The decision the Michigan court ruled about hash etc. sucks!

8. Yes that law is bullshit. I just picked up a dehumidifier and everything i need to wire up my basement im lacking panda film still but here soon i will have everything rocking in my basement where height won't be an issue ::devious:: and thanks for offering your help sure i could use it.....alot lol

9. Two of the querkles are out of soil and 1 pineapple express. I won't post pictures since they ain't much at the moment

10. Unless your an electrician please have it checked out by one. Preferably have them do the final connections. You don't want to start fires and this is an easy way. My first house was build in 1902..i know how crazy some of that stuff can be in an old home. You should switch the house to breakers also if it has not all ready been done. 
    I have no patience for seeds...we use clones most of the time as it speeds up the process and also we know what we are going to end up with at the end.

What nutes are you planning to use?
    What size pots are you going to flower in?

11. The house has already been switched to breakers or i wouldn't of bought the house lol. And while i ain't a certified electrician this is something that isn't new to me. I grew up building stuff all the time on the farm with my dad. Thank goodness i paid attention to my old man growing up because having the know how to do this stuff on my own has saved me alot of money lol. They did rewire the house before i bought it and ran new wires to the lights in the basement but there isn't the first power outlet down there for some reason ::confused::mad:: but it works out because now i will have my grow room on Its own breaker and when it gets bigger i can add more. But i do understand the concerns.

I agree on clones and plan on cloning some from these plants but it was a good deal on the seeds 10 for 30.

I am not sure on nutes yet. Since im flowering under t5 for now definitely going to be getting a bloom hardener. I am leaning towards organic as much as possible tho. Guy at the grow shop showed me some stuff made byMichigan state university and its kinda like a tea. Its got 30 different microbes in it and they are testing it out in Russia where they did nuclear testing and they said it has got stuff growing out there. It has just been released to public sales. I don't remember the name, When i go back i will let you guys know what its called. But it sounds promising its so new tho i don't know anyone who has/is using it.

I will be growing them in either 5 or 7 gallon smart pots. 18/6 light cycle for 6-8 weeks then 12-12 there on out. Hoping to pull around 2 to 4 oz per plant but we will see.

12. Well I got the room up and semi operational. I say semi because while i ain't too worried about it now eventually i have to get duct work ran, and i need to get a fan in there still to help strengthen the stems but i didn't finish with it all until 12:30 last night and i went upstairs and passed out lol. Damn pineapple express. But on the bright note 7 seeds are visible but only 2 are up. Hoping that will change by the time i get home. Im ready to be growing o_O

Alright here are some pictures. Just so everyone knows the strains are as labeled
    1 orange diesel
    2 bubblegum headband
    3 pineapple express
    4 querkle
    You can see the labels on all but one and that is #2 bubblegum headband. Im also gonna throw in a pic of the outside of self made panda film tent lol

Attached Files:

13. Subbed. Looks like this could be a very promising grow. Keep us updated

14. I don't think i like this querkle strain. It seems like a weak strain since all other seeds are popped except 1 querkle and then the other one is popped but Ian just laying there shriveling up. But one is doing great. Have any of you blades grown querkle or have any experience with a weak plant like this right from the get go?

15. I haven't grown it, but I have had it and also friends grew it. I wasn't a fan of it. But I am pretty picky lol.

16. If you are going to use the t5s for flowering also then I would suggest keeping them very short...you want enough light to get down to all the leaves. t5s are great, but they don't have much penetrating power. VHO T5s would work...but still suck compared to hps lights.
    Also if your using the t5s to flower you could go with 3gal pots and save some soil and nutes.
    Most hardeners have non organic things in them, careful what you pick. Good lighting and you don't need to use anything as they will be hard enough.
    For nutes you could do a tea...smelly though. I would just pick a line of nutes that are organic and you can get locally and use that.

17. <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="budburner" data-cid="32" data-date="981040980">The tough part is determining when the child is mature enough to understand it.

A scary reality today is that the schools make the kids feel like they'd be doing mom n dad a HUGE favor by turning them in for smoking pot. Yeah, it'd be doing the family a huge favor to have the children put into foster care. What a bunch of BULLSHIT!

It's a scary prospect to say the least. You want to be honest with your children, but how often do children get mad at mom and dad? How mature do you think they'll be when they realize that with a few words to a school counselor they could very easily have revenge. Not even realizing that by doing so, the kid will have put his well being in jeopardy. Being removed from a household because mom and dad smoke weed is such a shame, but it happens. It's just not as easy as saying "be honest with your children". I still have not come to a decision as to what to tell my children. Hopefully by the time the "discussion" is necessary, marijuana will finally be legal.

------------------
    Peace [​IMG]
    </blockquote>
    I believe that the t5 i got is an ho, but not certain its a sunblaze 48. I don't wanna flower under it but i might... I wanna do alot of lst as well to help with the weak light output.

Also as a side note I wouldn't recommend and will never again use these jiffy sees starter cup things. Its impossible to keep them watered at all. I watered them this morning and by this afternoon they were bone dry all the way through. ::mad:: that might be the problem im having with the querkles but idk. I should of done it the same way i would do it for growing outside. Good ol solo cups. Do you think it would be worth transplanting them now or would it hurt them? Also should i transplant right into my pot that i plan on using through flower or just transplant them into something smaller and then transplant them again?

18. I meant to quote you signsmoker i don't know where that came from

19. You should go into a 1-3gallon pot and then move up as it outgrows it. Saves space, nutes, light, soil, etc.
    If you have a tiny plant in a large pot it is hard for the soil to ever dry out...which you want before you feed them again. 
    Yes a sun blaze 48 is a HO light.
    I like root riot (I think that's what they are called) for starting clones or seeds. They come ready to go and we rarely loose any using these.

20. I will have to look into it i will be getting pictures up tonight after the little ones go to bed. The one querkle that i thought was going to die is making a comeback. I guess its roots wernt strong enough to support it? Anyways im hopeful for her. Went and priced smart pots a grow store today. Holy shit lol $5 for a 3 gal pot seems pricey but idk. I will be back on in later with pics. And thanks for keeping me company signsmoker. ::wave::