The "official" What Instrument do you play?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by burnttwaffle, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Just a little poll to see what kind of instrumentation we have here on the city

vote, talk about what you play w.e, pics or videos, sound files post em all up

EDIT: Also, if you play more than one, tell us

i play bass, piano, basic drums(nothing crazy but i can hold up) guitar, and trombone

music=life

2. bass and guitar electric and classical (aka flamenco and all that) guitar:hello:

3. Although I haven't picked it up in a few years, I play the viola. It's like the violin...just mellower....And cooler..>.>

When I get the money though I wanna get a nice ass electric cello or electric violin. Mmmm.

4. My two main instruments are the piano first and foremost, followed by the soprano sax.

5. geetar, harmonica, banjo.

6. The piano puts me in the right mood. Never seems to fail me. It's sooooooooo relaxing.

7. why not pick it up again?

viola is awsome!

Why do people stop playing their instruments?

8. guitar, sitar, trumpet, piano and i'm starting sax sooner or later.

9. drums all the way.

Been playing for 6 years now

10. chillin on the low end...bass here

11. piano, trumpet, and the flute.

12. some bass, good at guitar, and am teaching myself piano and drums, getting a sax asap and a trumpet too.

13. just got her today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:smoking: hells yeah...

14. I played it in Middle school and when I hopped into High school I was kinda faced with this whole "music vs art" thing because of the number of electives allowed. So I chose art. I was damn good at what I did too. Sat first chair at several of our concerts. I guess just since I didn't have to play it every day then I just sorta forgot about it. Plus it's kinda hard to find music books where Viola is the main instrument. Oh wellz.

15. mostly electric four string bass guitar. (what i voted)

a little harmonica and am in the market for some bongo drums

16. My <3errrrr's making me Bongos. After they're finished, I'll hopefully have another instrument to my not-so-long list. >.>

17. thats awsome, i wish sum1 made me bongos:(

you should start makin a long list, but, its not good to play a lot of instruments and just play em aight

master one and move to the next, id say take up viola again, you can just break out any sheet music, thats in the key of your instrument( im not sure what viola is in) and just play the melody even if its not written specifically for viola

18. Most of My Friends play Guitar or Drums..

BUT WHAT ABOUT TURNTABLES???

I am not a D.J. but I make my own mixes and beats all the time...and YEA...it takes a musical talent to do that...
    -Peace
    -D

19. Berimbau, all the way! Also, Atabaque, Pandeiros, and Djembe.

Berimbau: [​IMG]

Pandeiros: [​IMG]

Atabaque:[​IMG]

Djembe:[​IMG]