The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. #101 BillDavis, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2009

He's probably tired of being asked that all the time. I know I'd get tired of being asked the same question. He was drug tested countless times when he wrestled in college, drug tested to get into the NFL and now he gets drug tested every fight. And he has always been a big dude like that...

2. i agree with you on the machida thing, his shit is very boring. i HATE tito ortiz but i almost hated seeing him lose to such a boring fighter as well

on the other hand ill have to disagree with you on the roids. i have friends that juice on the regular for competitions. there is nothing anyone can say that would have me believe he hasnt juiced. i dont think he does now because he dosent need to/cant but for 1 he hasnt always been big, (just since college/professional career) and college is when i think he started it. he was actually small as hell back in highschool and didnt even look like he had the farm boy build, other than being tall like the pic they show in the interview.

i believe anyone can agree, passing a dt is easy if you know its coming. ie champ fights, football etc.. most roids these guys use can clear your system in 2-4 months like test, others 5-8 months like dbol, some maybe a year. and many can be gone in weeks. timing is everything.

he has never failed a drug test so i would never blame his wins on steroids, he is an awesome athlete with huge potential, but at the same time you couldnt convince me he hasnt juiced in the past. and yeah im sure he is tired of it too, but no matter how tired you are of defending something if your not guilty state your claim.

all my opinion of course, im glad he is in the ufc, because it poses new avenues for the heavyweight division, but im still not a fan... yet

3. Yeah, I've never seen pics of him from high school but I did read an interview saying after high school is when he got into weightlifting... I don't know anything about steroids really except the basics. I was just saying thats why he got up because he had been asked that countless times and everytime he says the samething. It'd just get tiring after awhile.

4. true im sure it does get old. and FYI if your interested at all

nandrolone decanoate 18 months

- nandrolone phenylpropionate
    12 months

- boldenone undecyclate
    - metehenolone enanthate
    - trenbolone
    - trenbolone acetate
    - injectable methandienone

5 months

- testosterone-mix (Sustanon & Omnadren)
    - testosterone enanthate
    - testosterone cypionate

3 months

- oxymetholone
    - fluoxymesterone
    - injectabel stanozolol
    - formebolone
    - drostanolone propionate

2 months

- methandienone
    - mesterolone
    - ethylestrenole
    - noretadrolone

3 weeks

- oxandrolone
    - oral stanozolol

3 weeks

- testosterone propionate
    2 weeks

- testosterone undecanoate
    1 week

- clenbuterol
    4 days

5. i can't stand machida. i get shit on my mma forum i go to cause i don't like his fight style....

as far as boz (brock), i'm sure he's juiced before. hell, he could even still be taking hgh. they still can't test for that, right?

6. I dunno... I thought I read somewhere that they had a test for HGH that would be ready before the Beijing olympics. I pretty sure Brock got arrested for having HGH pills on him when he was in OVW, the police thought it was steriods or some kindof illegal pills.

7. What a disaster. Antonio Silva's controversial fight in Japan was over in the less two minutes. And it wasn't even a blow that ended the fight. Yoshihiro Nakao injured his left during an exchange on the feet. He was not hit. He simply planted in an awkward manner, limped to his left, called for a timeout and went down to the mat. The fight was given to "Big Foot" at 1:42 of the first round.

Silva (12-1) ignored his one year long suspension in the U.S. to take this fight at Sengoku 7. It'll be interesting to see if he gets to fight in the U.S. anytime soon. He doesn't have a win over a Top 15 heavyweight yet, but he's an intriguing prospect at 6-5, 260 pounds and 29 years old.

Silva's suspension began in August. He clearly snubbed his nose at the penalty. Should he ever be allowed to fight in the U.S. again? If he were, would it be fair to someone like Hermes Franca who sat out his 12 months without traveling out of the country for a payday?

Nakao was actually 7-1 coming into the fight with decent wins over Don Fyre and Cabbage Correira. He's most famous for his kiss of current UFC heavyweight Heath Herring. Herring knocked out Nakao before the fight began.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/Silva-risks-his-future-for-that-?urn=mma,132016

8. Oh man... I completely forgot about that dude kissing Herring and him knockin' the crap outta him. The first time I saw that I about died laughing...

Anywho I saw a few clips of some old school UFC and decided to share:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlYqEAsufH4"]YouTube - UFC best knockout Gary Goodridge VS Paul Herrera.mpeg[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFbq2Zb_N2U"]YouTube - scott morris Vs. Pat Smith[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkyLgjY4uBQ"]YouTube - UFC jhon Matua VS. Tank Abbott[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZv9sBgOaak"]YouTube - UFC Dave Beneteau Vs. Asbel Cancio[/ame]

9. ^ i remember the first time i saw tank KTFO matua...i thought he may have killed him at first...:eek:

10. [​IMG]

11. my last one (for tonight)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i guarentee you, his wallet has "bad motherfucker" on it...

12. Silva is a lackluster fighter that just has size. His complete lack of respect for the suspension just shows what a big dumb monkey he is. I'm tired of the format size over skill. These fighters (i.e. Tin Sylvia, Brock Lesner, And Silva) All get caught at there week points once there game plans a shattered. Mad respect for Hermes Franka. Imo He is one of the more underrated fighters in the game today. A few very public ,poor showings that have set him back but he always seems to come back with strong streaks to reestablish himself. I look forward to his showing in the UFC soon.

13. id like to see hermes take on huerta or diego (yeah, he's moving to 155)...

hell, i'd love to see hermes and kenflo.

kenflo = one of the most underrated fighters in the ufc

14. Heremes v Heurta = perfect match up.

Hermes has already showed a 155. Very well I might add. He had a few problems in cutting but still showed well in spite of.

I don't think Ken-Flo is underrated. I think he is just under appreciated by Dana White And Joe Silva. He is defiantly very talented. Showing his dominance over Joe Stevens

15. if i remember right, didn't hermes fail a steroid test when he fought sherk?

16. Yep! So did Sherk! Both took 12 month suspension. Hermes is making his return as the main event on fight night live against Joe Lauzon. It will be a tough fight for him.

I'm really looking forward to Horn vs Palhares @ 93

17. I agree with that... Out of all the TUF fighters he is my favorite... Followed by Nate Diaz. I like the Diaz brothers.

18. Thanks Bill. Unfortunately Nick has had several problems ranging from testing + for the one we love, to slight conditioning problems, to bad referees. Nick, who is on a definite run in the 155, also has a victory in WOC over aforementioned Hermes Franka.

Once the unification attempt by BJ Penn is over, I believe Ken-Flo will have his title shot.
    What's everybody's call on Penn v GSP?

19. I have to go with GSP on this one... not only did GSP beat Penn once already, but GSP is overall a better athlete than Penn. BJ is arguably one of the best pound for pound fighters, but GSP is so well rounded and in my opinion much stronger.

20. I don't really watch UFC very much... but GO BROCK!