The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Yeah, I visit the mmaweekly site and forum also... But occasionally I check out the sherdog website and forum. But yeah at sherdog its usually nothing but arguing. Sherdog used to be pretty good, even some of the better fighters would go on there until the posters started talking shit to them.

2. man im diggin the .GIF's

im not gonna lie these next ufc's arent gonna be as exciting dec 27th is gonna be a hard act to follow, i mean i wanna see penn gsp, but the entire card doesnt look that great iirc

3. Mirko ‘CroCop' Filopivic says he will probably retire in 2009 - and he wants his final fight to be in the UFC.

He told Croatian newspaper Jutarnji (‘Early Riser') today that he turns 35 later this year and has to give serious thought to quitting MMA.

Asked about his plans for the year, he said: “I'm not in the years when you can create a long-term plan... today my health is my priority.

“I believe that during 2009 I will fight three more times for Dream, then I hope for a farewell fight in the UFC.”

He was speaking as it emerged that the operation he requires on his knee has been postponed for nearly two weeks because of flu.

Filopovic has severe knee damage and needs ligaments repairing, but has to wait until his immune system is strong enough to handle an operation.

He said that after the operation, he will need three months to recover and then will train “For several weeks” to get fighting fit before competing again.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.u...le.php?id=1613

4. really, i'm actually excited about the diaz/guida fight...

i'm not a huge machida fan, but that should be a good fight with silva.

the manny/tavares has potential to be a good fight, i think...

5. yeah im super stoked about that one too, as well as the franklin henderson fight, i mean there are some good fights on the upcoming cards, i was just speaking of the card as a whole. i cant say they are "stacked"

6. #89 maxrule, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
    I like this one from the Evans/Lydell fight. I was going to post this earlier but I could not find it.
    [​IMG]

7. ^yeah, chuck was out for a while after that punch...

8. Plus Chuck shit himself after that punch...

9. #92 doindia, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2009
    i mean as nasty as shitting AND pissing yourself is id like to see someone hold their bowls after taking that hit.

hahaha i would have shit when i saw it coming

10. #93 doindia, Jan 4, 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RRm98pYmGA"]YouTube - UFC Dana White Though on FEDOR Emelianenko,TiTo,KimBo,Shamrock,Couture[/ame]

this is just a random interview i found, but has some interesting stuff about Anderson Silva match ups, liddell, maybe even GSP at a catch weight, i found a couple things interesting figured id share it, i always wonder whats next for this guy!

i feel like its only a matter of time before fedor fights in the ufc, the heavyweight class has been the weakest most boring class for years now. Brock Lesnar poses a lot of threats and brings something to the heavyweight division (even though he still hasnt earned me as a fan, and im not impressed) i feel like signing fedor would be the beginning of what i never thought i would say "a semi stacked heavyweight division" haha but nothing will compare to the 205'ers probably ever.

11. #94 BMISS, Jan 4, 2009

yeah, i heard thats another reason it took him so long to leave the octogon...

12. he shit and pissed himself

13. not that i'm a tito fan, but what does it say that he beat the ex champ (forrest) and beat/draw with brocop?

i bet dana would have really shit if tito would have been able to sink in that triangle on machida and beat him...

14. i didnt catch what your talking about, i re watched the video and didnt hear anything about your mentioning

ALSO another random interview... good ol brock and his roids, he gets up and walks out like a bitch. bit defensive are we?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mm...rage-issues-but-not-roid-rage-?urn=mma,116506

15. #98 doindia, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2009
  16. nah, it wasn't anything in that interview...but dana has talked about tio not winning a "significant fight" in years.

he is 1-1-1 agaist forrest, brocop and machida (who some consider the top contender for the LHW belt)

17. Yeah... When I watched that fight and Tito went for the triangle I about shat myself. I don't think Tito has ever tried anything like that. I don't really like Machida's fighting style... throws a few punches / kicks, backs off and circles... It may win fights but they are boring fights.