The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Nah... This is the only forum I am part of. I just check out the news and interviews on a couple of the mma websites.

And I missed the TUF finale... Was watching I Am Legend and completely forgot it was on.

2. ^it was an ok finale....

i wished that junie kid would have gotten beat up...but, i'm sure i'll get to see that one day.

i would love to see him fight melvin...

3. ULTIMATE FIGHTER 8 FINALE AWARDS AND BONUSES
    (All awards include a $25,000 bonus for each fighter.)

Ultimate Fighter 8 Fight of the Night
    – Junie Browning and Dave Kaplan

Ultimate Fighter 8 Knockout of the Night
    – Anthony Johnson

Ultimate Fighter 8 Submission of the Night
    – Krzysztof Soszynski

4. The following figures are based on the fighter salary information that promoters are required by law to submit to the state athletic commissions, including the winners' bonuses.

Although mixed martial arts fighters do not have collective bargaining or a union, the fighters' salaries are still public record, just as with every other major sport in the United States. Any undisclosed bonuses that a promoter also pays its fighters, but does not disclose to the athletic commissions (specifically, pay-per-view bonuses, fight of the night bonuses, etc.), are not included in the figures below.

In the listings below, "Main Event Fighters" are defined as fighters who compete in the main event of a show. "Main Card Fighters" are defined as fighters whose fights appear on the main card, but not in the main event. "Preliminary Card Fighters" are defined as fighters whose matches take place before the live broadcast goes on the air, regardless of whether or not those matches end up airing on the TV or Internet broadcast.

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

– Efrain Escuerdo ($16,000/win bonus was $8,000) def. Phillipe Nover ($8,000/win bonus would have been $8,000)

– Ryan Bader ($16,000/win bonus was $8,000) def. Vinicius Magalhaes ($8,000/win bonus would have been $8,000)

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

– Anthony Johnson ($18,000/win bonus was $9,000) def. Kevin Burns ($7,000/win bonus would have been $7,000)
    *Johnson also earned an extra $25,000 for “The Ultimate Fighter 8 Finale Knockout of the Night”

– Wilson Gouveia ($36,800/win bonus was $18,400) def. Jason MacDonald ($35,200/win bonus would have been $26,000)
    *Gouveia was originally scheduled to receive $23,000 show/$23,000 win, but was forced to forfeit $9,200 of his total purse when he failed to make weight for the fight ($4,600 of his show/$4,600 of his win). MacDonald's original show money was scheduled to be $26,000 before the penalty was imposed on Gouveia.

– Junie Browning ($16,000/win bonus was $8,000) def. Dave Kaplan ($8,000/win bonus would have been $8,000)
    *Browning and Kaplan also earned an extra $25,000 each for “The Ultimate Fighter 8 Finale Fight of the Night”

PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS

– Krzysztof Soszynski ($16,000/win bonus was $8,000) def. Shane Primm ($8,000/win bonus would have been $8,000)
    *Soszynski also earned an extra $25,000 for “The Ultimate Fighter 8 Finale Submission of the Night”

– Eliot Marshall ($16,000/win bonus was $8,000) def. Jules Bruchez ($8,000/win bonus would have been $8,000)

– Tom Lawlor ($16,000/win bonus was $8,000) def. Kyle Kingsbury ($8,000/win bonus would have been $8,000)

– Shane Nelson ($16,000/win bonus was $8,000) def. George Roop ($8,000/win bonus would have been $8,000)

– Rolando Delgado ($16,000/win bonus was $8,000) def. John Polakowski ($8,000/win bonus would have been $8,000)

THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER 8 FINALE DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL:
    $289,000

5. damn thats some sweet ass info

and before reading his ufc article i would have agreed with you about Junie. i hated him on the show, but apparently he has changed his life around, moved to Las Vegas and started training with extreme couture. he has stopped the parties, drinking and childish shit he was into and you can tell by the way he came out in this last fight. im far from liking him just yet, but im all for seeing someone turn there life around for the good.

stayin tuned for the 27th

6. ^i don't know, man... guess time will tell.

7. I really wanted the other dude to win but efrain was definitely a good fighter

8. Odds 4 UFC 92 From Bodog:

Yushin Okami -350
    Dean Lister +275

Matt Hamill -500
    Reese Andy +300

Ryo Chonan -225
    Brad Blackburn +185

Dan Evensen +160
    Pat Barry -200

Quinton Jackson +110
    Wanderlei Silva -140

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira -350
    Frank Mir +275

Cheick Kongo -500
    Mostapha Al Turk +300

Forrest Griffin -130
    Rashad Evans EVEN

CB Dollaway -150
    Mike Massenzio +120

9. Anyone see him submit A. Silva with the flying scissor heel hook? Do any of you believe that Silva threw that match? I can understand throwing a boxing match, but I can't imagine throwing an MMA match, especially since Silva didn't get submitted until the 3rd round.

10. Dose anyone remember watching Rashad Evans first fight on the Ultimate Fighter? I remember how he looked like a chump and thinking he was going to get his ass knocked out. Then he got serious about his training and the dude has greatly improved his game. Now he's a reall killer.

11. Hmmm; I remember seeing Wanderlei Silva knock out Quinton Jackson in brutal fashon and left Jackson's head split open and bleeding all over the judges table in Japan. Silva has KO'd Jackson twice. Should be a great fight.

12. i actually think wandy will take this fight....but i think it will be a closer fight due to the rules of the ufc and the advantages of an octagon...they definately favor page in this fight...

13. i do believe some mma fights have been fixed...but i think chonan just got lucky and really caught anderson off guard with that shit....

14. he's at a great camp... but i think forrest will eeekkk out a decision.

15. #55 Guantanamo, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
    Yea Im looking forward to this fight for sure. Wanderlei is one of my favorites.

I believe this is the knockout you speak of.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY1mnb4n6BY"]YouTube - Wanderlei Silva vs Quinton Jackson 3 Hype Video[/ame]

16. i dont believe any of the fights are fixed, just my opinion.

im calling

forest but im affraid
    rampage because he has had his wake up call
    and big nog because ive never seen someone with his heart.

17. nog will completely outclass frank mir....

18. this is the nick diaz/gomi fight for those of you who haven't seen it.

great fight...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwKSCIZ2zNs"]YouTube - Nick Diaz vs. Takanori Gomi[/ame]

19. embedding disabled by request :( cant watch it

20. If you wanna check out that video, Diaz vs Gomi, here is a link:

http://fightviewer.com/category/pride/

Its like the 7th video down...

Edit: Here is the video

[ame]http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/87576/Diaz-vs-Gomi.html[/ame]