The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. i dont know man, i just cant side with someone who juices IN THIS SPORT. im FAR from against steroids, my roomates use them, a friend of mine does competitions and uses them. im very educated on the facts, things within moderation are ok. HOWEVER this is man to man combat, it does not get anymore brutal than that. the last thing we need is someone juicing to get where he or she is. on the flip side, i DO realize that most of the people who get popped for roids ie leben, sherk etc... they arent like dball/winstrol etc.. and yeah your right they are just trying to overcome injuries, some of the roids are so minute that they really wouldnt play into the fight itself i just feel like when your making hundreds of thousands of dollars and its in your contract what you can and cant do, then forget it. and it may be hypocritical but in this sport especially. i dont think anyone could tell me there is a more combatinal sport.

and yeah i was really dissapointed at the couture fight... he is by far the better fighter, brock is just by far the better athlete, i couldnt imagine the energy expended trying to get his big ass off of me like couture did.

lets get some upcoming predictions??

penn, st pierre?

i say penn, he BARELY lost the last fight by a hair, and he has come MILES from where he started. i think he will pick apart with strikes. i dont even count gsp out though i think it will be amazing

2. Good post. The risk you run into with letting steroids slide -- because, let's face facts, steroids don't win fights -- is that guys can train through and heal from injuries and maintain training schedules far above what is achievable by a natural athlete. So while steroids may not win the fight, they open the window for one to train without concern for the limits of natural recovery. That...is a big factor.

Going crazy waiting for ufc92. I expect to see Wandy vs. Rampage III to be a bit more competetive, but with a similar ending to the first two. Really psyched for the Forrest/Rashad fight, to be honest every time I see Rashad fight for some reason I want him to lose...but he never does. Here's hoping! *crosses fingers*

3. bj will win .....

4. Just found this thread, im a big MMA fan, my biggest letdown so far was that shit tito ortiz beating ken shamrock, Twice FFS!

Have to admit i would have liked Randy Couture to beat Brock Lesnar last month too,

Im starting to train in either reko roman or vale tudo soon, should be fun!

5. clay guida and nate diaz has been confirmed....

6. #26 BillDavis, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2008
    That should be a pretty good fight. Both dudes don't hold anything back but Diaz will win by submission.

Crap.. Its not even gonna be televised. Just read that its gonna be on the undercard. Hopefully some of the fights end quick so they can show it.

7. ^i've read its gonna be undercard but that is just speculation right now until i see ufc confirm it.

if so, that is so shitty....definately has the FOTN potential...

8. hopefully it will be brought up from the undercard to an aired anyway...

i see diaz taking a fist beating then submission by leg.

9. here's the fight card tonight....

-Josh Koscheck vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
    -Jonathan Goulet vs. Mike Swick
    -Razak Al-Hassan vs. Steve Cantwell
    -Matt Wiman vs. Jim Miller
    -Brodie Farber vs. Luigi Fioravanti
    -Johnny Rees vs. Steve Bruno
    -Brandon Wolff vs. Ben Saunders
    -Nate Loughran vs. Tim Credeur
    -Dale Hartt vs. Corey Hill
    -Justin McCully vs. Eddie Sanchez

10. Dale Hartt def. Corey Hill by TKO at :20 seconds, R2.
    The fighters start trading on the feet as Dale Hartt lands a leg kick, and just as Corey Hill plants his right leg to throw a punch, he crumbles to the mat. It appears that Hill has a broken leg. The sound from the break echos in the arena. Hill is carried out on a stretcher. Marc Ratner says he is pretty sure Hill has a broken leg. Dale Hartt stays by Corey's side as he is hurt in the Octagon. Everybody in the arena is visibly shaken by the situation in the cage. The replay shows a very, very nasty break in Hill's leg. Dale Hartt is extremely classy staying by Corey's side and talking after the fight.

Dale Hartt def. Corey Hill by TKO at :20 seconds, R2.

11. So far three possible injuries. Broken foot, rib and now arm. These guys are being ruthless tonight.

12. ^crazy shit, huh....?

13. Damn and then a vicious knockout. I didn't think this show would be half as good as its been.

Anybody else donate money? I donated 25 bucks...

14. Good call man.
    Wrestled for 3 years in high school. Took some Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at the best place in my area for a minute too,
    MMA is good entertainment.

15. Nevermind earlier... Because THAT was a vicious knockout.

16. #36 BillDavis, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2008
    If you haven't and want to see the Corey Hill fight from last night's undercard:

Also if you didn't hear he breaks his leg and this video is pretty graphic.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwp_JwwGPhc"]YouTube - Corey Hill Broken Leg *Best Version*[/ame]

Also Al-Hassan's arm wasn't broke even though it looked like it. Read that his right elbow was dislocated but they popped it back into place after the fight but he did suffer ligament damage.

17. man some of the most brutal fights ever and they were free!

yeah all that shit was insane and im going to need some sort of official news that husseins arm didnt break, i watched that shit on 50 inches of plasma and by god that fucker snappped
    haha

does anyone have any other sources of what bill speaks of?

18. UFC newcomer Razak Al-Hussan is also suspended indefinitely for his joint-popping armbar loss to former WEC light heavyweight champion Steve Cantwell. Ringside doctor Sara Neal will require Al-Hussan to see an orthopedic doctor before being cleared to fight again.

Al-Hassan was treated and released from the hospital Wednesday night after suffering a dislocated right elbow.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7770&zoneid=13

Also has news on Corey Hill. Says he will be out for 12-18 months...

19. just curious if you post at the mmaweekly forum?

20. who watched the fights last night? t.u.f 8 finale my boy jason macdonald got smashed. anthony johnson killed kevin burns(very vicious head kick knockout) and junie looking great,efrain is awesome one of my new faorite fighters (besides the diaz brothers and the lauzons) good fights and then on the 27 rampage is gonna die(get beat up bad in mmath theory) just signed up to this website and i do love the forums and this thread.