The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. I feel like Diaz is getting knocked out. Didn't look good last fight in my opinion. He even seemed to gas out. Mas by spectacular ko at the end of 2.
    Gas and till go the distance with gas by point's. Agree with rest

Sent from my SM-N975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. I think the same mang. Diaz really didn’t look that good against Pettis and got hit a lot, think if Mas can land one big shot to put him down he’ll finish him quick. No chance he’s taking chances going to the ground with Diaz.
    I just can’t see Till winning, think Gas manages to close the distance and land a big right hand.
    I can’t watch it live but I’ll be watching it this time tomorrow on catch up. I’ll be back ya’ll, especially if my picks are correct :laughing:

3. I believe this sport has left the Diaz brothers behind. Let's face it Nate was never that good of a fighter he just had a never die mentality. I mean his best punch is a slap lol. I'm a fan of him mostly because he is from my area norcal and smoked weed. But he was never that great of a fighter and is more known for his antics and endurance than his skills imo.
    I for one am not half as interested in seeing him get his ass kicked by mas again, hang it up dude before you get more brain damage. You had a good run and have way more to lose than gain anymore. I really hope he hangs it up.

• Like Like x 3
  4. If ya’ll need to give some money to the bookies, come to me. I’m fucking balls at picking fights :laughing: :laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Seems I don't need your help lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. Think a doctors stoppage technically counts as a TKO so I’m taking that - best case scenario I’m 1 out of 5 ( and even I’m being generous to myself haha).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Honestly though some cracking fights on this card. Thompson put in his best performance in a while against Luque. Derrick Lewis looked dangerous against Ivanov. Holy shit that Kevin Lee KO!
    Thought Till looked very nervous (which he admitted) but still got the W.
    For me, Masvidal was fucking Diaz up. 10-8, 10-9, 10-9, until the stoppage. Was angry at the time but after seeing the cuts on Diaz, I can’t blame a doctor for stopping it, regardless if Diaz could keep fighting.
    Calling bullshit on anyone saying Diaz was waiting for the 4th and 5th to push the pressure, could not see him finishing Masvidal and that cut would’ve only got worse.

• Like Like x 2
  8. IMG_1696.JPG IMG_1697.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Nate always gets cut over that particular eye. It won't be surprising if that begins to happen more and more to him. Too many people sleeping on Masvidal, and he made his point this past weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I'm seeing that Zabit wants the winner of Holloway/Volkanovski but me personally I'd rather see him get the winner of Ortega/KZ

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zabit against any of the winners of those bouts will be extremely interesting to see. He matches up well with everyone except Ortega's ground game. Trying to get Zabit down and actually doing it are two separate issues though. UFC 245 is stacked! That's going to be a night of entertainment for sure!

• Like Like x 2
  12. I'm looking forward to every fight on that card I'm pretty interested in Brown vs Saunders I don't think that'll go to decision

13. I'm with you. I don't think it'll go to the decision either. There are a few on that card that I don't think will make it to a decision.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oh absolutely man and do ya think we'll have a new champion out of the 3 or will be the same? I'm always down for an upset:laughing:

15. If I had to pick one fight where I think there could be an upset it would be Holloway/Volkanovski. I think Nunes retains, and I also think Usman beats Covington.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Idk if I'll be able to watch the event tonight but I am interested to see if Jacare can make the transition to LHW

17. Remember how I was shit at picking fights? Swear down I called every fight on the main card including how it would end (but not what round)....
    Only problem was I didn’t put any money on it :laughing: :laughing:

18. Some great fights on that card though.
    Not surprised Faber got beat, guy really should stay retired. Unless he’ll face another Vet and call it quits. Props to Yan on the KO. Shit was tasty.
    Moraes and Aldo was decent. IMO Aldo was pushing the pressure, but Moraes was landing some nice digs on the back foot. Thought aldo edged it though.
    Nunes again showed she’s superior to pretty much every girl in all the divisions. Don’t know who you put her against next. Would love to see her Shevchenko again.
    Imo Max was soundly beaten. Had him losing at least 4-1. Will be interesting to see how he comes back. Volk came with a good game plan.
    Finally I loved see Colby get shut up and get a broken jaw for all that shit talk that was waaaay over the line. Gotta say though, as much as I dislike the guy, mans a fucking warrior. I had it 2-2 going into the final round then Usman took over. Great fight still.
    What’s ya’ll motherfuckas thoughts? :smoke:

19. I think it's a good thing for Nunes that De Randamie has ZERO ability to stuff a take down. GDR did a better job in her first fight with takedowns, and she was absolutely horrible with that this fight. She was pretty even with Nunes on her feet, and GDR's inability to make any real changes to her fight plan will always limit her if she keeps going this way.

I agree that Max was soundly beaten. As for Colby, with his WWE heel character, he did exactly what I thought he'd do. He tried to use his pressure, his cardio, and his non stop throwing to beat Usman. At times, he was able to do that, but at the end of the day, Usman's power was the difference in that fight. I don't think it was a bad stoppage really even though I believe Colby could've continued. What I don't believe is that it would've made it the rest of round 5. If Colby gets up there, he goes down again, and he'll be in worse shape at that point, so I'm ok with the stoppage. But he's a fuckin beast, hands down. If he does fight Woodley next, I'm going to pick Colby to win just on the shitshow that was Tyron's last outing vs Usman.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ya’ll excited for UFC 248? I’m psyched to see 3 fights but will be watching from the prelims.
    Adesanya vs Romero, Joanna vs Zhang and
    Sean O’Malley vs Quiñónez
    I got Adesanya by decision, Zhang by TKO and O’Malley by KO.
    As always - don’t bet money on my picks cause they’re almost always wrong :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1