The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. X10 lol

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

2. Stipe@!!! Immigrant mentality...

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MMA is so unpredicable sometimes that's part of what make it exciting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It was good to see Diaz back in the octagon. He did look pretty mediocre on his feet however and a fight with Jorge is probably biting off more than he can chew atm. I would like to see him have one more warm up fight before hitting the top 5 contenders and a title fight.
    Diaz vs Jorge would be huge though. Probably the biggest Ppv card to date imo.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Mas need a title shot IMO. I don't want to see him fight a bunch more tough contenders and end up never getting one. Nate/Mas is a good fight.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #30947 Praetorian, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Paulo Costa is a nightmare. I'm a Yoel fan, but I do think Costa won 2 out of 3 rounds.

Stipe is weird, since he is a mix between immigrant and typical frat bro.
    I got nothing against him, but I think Jon Jones would torch him as well.

I didn't understand the Nate Diaz fight. (Only saw it once on a phone).
    Anthony Pettis seemed to be doing nothing.
    There is no reason he should get outstruck by Nate like that.
    Yes, the Diaz bros are known as volume punchers, but Showtime is known for knocking people out with flashy kicks and superman punches.
    Where was any of that??

I think Pettis is done fighting for the top of a division in his career.
    He'll remain a top-7 gatekeeper, and eventually will leave the UFC.

Nate-Conor 3 makes sense, and Nate should get paid for it.

7. upload_2019-8-20_19-16-10.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Anyone excited for the cowboy gaethje fight tonight? Barboza was robbed last week! No way in hell fielder beat him. And I wanted Paul to win. Wtf!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Nate Diaz vs Masvidal later this fall!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. Askren was on Helwani's podcast the other day, saying Conor needs to fight someone, anyone, but stop demanding the top.

upload_2019-9-19_19-45-36.png

If the McGregor crew genuinely believe that they deserve a shot against Khabib, immediately after Conor got dismantled in their 1st match, then lol @ them.

Anyone who knows anything about MMA has to know that the only one who should fight Khabib next, is Tony Ferguson.

McGregor can get back in line, and earn his next shot (if he can) against at least 2 top-10 opponents.
    Then, if Khabib still wants to fight and not retire, he can give him the shot.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I’m praying Khabib-Ferguson gets made. I remember someone saying he should fight Ferguson, then GSP at catchweight (160-165) and retire 30-0. Presuming he beats both. Don’t give a fuck though - I gots to see dat Ferg-Khabib right.
    Honestly whoever McGregor gets has to be a very winnable fight (for his whole promotion) and I can’t see where that is in the top 5. If it was the Connor of old I’d be curious - now I’m wondering where the fuck he stands.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Its about PPV not ranking.
    Fighters bitch when they dont get paid and fighters bitch when ranks are skipped. Dana is doing one hell of a job imo. The big money fight is gorge vs nate anyhow. So yeah fuck McGregor

Sent from my SM-N975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. Conor and george would be sick they both throw down. Give gorge a pay day too

Sent from my SM-N975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Cant wait for the next fight.

I think khabib might be dodging Ferguson, he wants 30-0 record and ferguson is about the only one left who can take the title from him.

Gsp said he would fight but has to be a catch weight. Hes almost 40, I wonder what conditioning hes doing.

Mcnugget needs to get his ass back in line, or just go away.

15. I was thinking the same thing about Ferguson. Hes the only one I see giving Khabib a serious run for his money.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I hope they fight. If khabib avoids him, I will be disappointed. A champion doesnt cherry pick fights for your record.

17. I've been a fan of MMA since '95.
    I've seen the rise of great ground fighters like Royce Gracie, Minotauro Nogueira, Frank Mir, Jacare, Ortega...

I think these days Khabib smeshes all BJJ anywhere near his weight class.
    The same goes for most (all) wrestlers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I've always felt he made his name by beating up little guys at 145.
    If I remember correctly, he mocked the division and individual fighters for being too small/weak for him on multiple occasions.

Then there's the Urijah Faber video, where you got to see just how much weight he had to cut to make it down to 145.
    The man looks like a ghost of himself.

He's obviously got some skill, maybe even a good bit of it, but a lot of his career's success is because he talked a lot of shit, and beat up smaller opponents by starving himself to make weight.

Horrid character as a human being.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Who’s everyone got on UFC 244? Shit is a stacked card. Got Masivdal-Diaz, Gastelum-Till, Steven Thompson- Luque, Derrick Lewis- Ivanov and Kevin Lee - Gregor Gillespie.
    My moneys on
    Masivdal by TKO
    Gastulem by KO
    Luque on points
    Ivanov on points
    Gillespie by Sub
    What ya’ll motherfuckers thinking?

• Like Like x 1