The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. #30761 Praetorian, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Cowboy Cerrone sets UFC records for most wins and most finishes. That is not a small matter in the world of MMA.

Very glad to see this happen for Cowboy. A bamf for sure.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I don't like anything about this

Chuck is the older of the two, showing his age way more. Tito is younger, healthier, and way more active.

He destroyed Tito legit when they were both in their prime. That legacy is now seriously threatened by Tito ragdolling an aging Chuck, or worse yet, knocking him out.
    You know the mfkr will never shut up about it.

I still give the Iceman the puncher's chance, and I always will, but I wish he hadn't taken this fight.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Seems as good time as any to start posting these around

[​IMG]

4. It's kinda like Brendan Schuab said. Are we watching old man cock fighting now?

• Like Like x 3
  5. The old dudes are watching these young guys make as much money in one fight as they did in their whole careers. And they want a piece. There are a lot of really good fighters who appear to be complete idiots, these two fit that label and always have to me. I'm not sure the two of them could figure out how to screw in a lightbulb let alone invest and grow their earnings. Tito probably spent his on hookers and makeup for himself. Chuck on booze and legos and taco bell. Not a good look for the sport imo.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tito is actually a hustler. He's been selling cars and making a lot of money for a while now. He has a lot of irons in the fire. Just listened to an interview with him and he was raving about meeting Donald Trump and how much he influenced him to diversify his income. Chuck is the cliche boxer that parties his money away a week after he makes it.

7. It's true but you can't fight it at this point. The business has realized you can attract more casual fans if you promote controversy and drama. The same is true with boxing to an extent. Often the best fights are never made when it would make the most sense for all kinds of dumb reasons. That's not the way sports should work. It should be more like clockwork. Fighting just never has been since way back during and before the Jack Johnson days.

8. You lazy bastards

Tito knocks out an ancient Chuck Liddell, and no one says anything.

[​IMG]

Terrible fight, from start (of promotion) to finish.

Chuck is a wild man but he lacks philosophy.
    No one in the world would deny him that he was the top alpha during his time, but time does not last forever.
    A man cannot hope to compete at 50 the way he did in his 20 and early 30s.

Tito gets no blame from me since Chuck is a consenting adult and an MMA legend, but he gets no props from me either. He knocked out an old man. He likes to do that and think he's bad.
    He did so once before with Ken Shamrock and gloated about it afterwards as well.

Here's to never seeing the Iceman fight again.
    I'm glad he got paid a quarter million at least for this, and will now hopefully start to focus his life and cashing in on his legacy and name.

• Like Like x 3
  9. It was a sad fight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. What about Ngannou knocking out Blaydes with an overhand right that was blocked? I thought Blaydes was going to eat him up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Francis is a terrifying puncher and always was. He lacks technique, but if he connects it's over.
    Stipe kinda stole his soul recently and probably made him question himself like he never had in his MMA career before. He has backed off a bit since the loss.

This win over Blaydes may remind him and anyone who's watching, just what a beast this man is.

[​IMG]

12. Those tired old Brazilians win both main events down under... I wonder if Israel is getting nervous about the Spider now?

13. There is no logical way Anderson wins against the Stylebender at this point in their careers.

It is MMA, so there's always a puncher's chance, but I say Adesanya torches him.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Most likely but I would have said the same thing about Shogun.. hehe

When I first heard of the matchup it pissed me off a little. Can we give him a real fight instead of this fake booster fight? The Spider only has one foot still in the UFC. He's quite far from being a contender at this point.

15. We should draw the distinction between the guy Shogun beat (Tyson Pedro) and Israel Adesanya.

I love Shogun and have been a fan of his since the golden days of PRIDE, but the guy he just beat is nowhere near Adesanya's level.
    Current Shogun would get killed by any legit top 10 in a competitive division.
    He happens to fight @ one of the least competitive weights in the UFC, so he can squeak by lukewarm victories like the one he just got against Pedro @205.

He would get annihilated against any top 5 at a more competitive weight, like 55, 70, or 85. Kinda like he found out when he went up against an actual top competitor the last time.

[​IMG]

16. I agree. Shogun got lucky. If you watch the fight it looks as if Pedro injured his foot early in the fight and was just trying to survive. He did show that as a tough vet he can take advantage if the person he fights has an off night.

Dana put it out publicly that if the Spider wins he gets a title shot. That could be some motivation. I'm not going to say that the Spider doesn't have the skill to surprise everyone and knock Israel out. He might be old but power is the last thing to go and he has a lifetime of training and instinct.

If you remember Silva actually beat Bisping. He celebrated before the fight was stopped and ended up losing. It was a weird performance but at the time Bisping was definitely top 10.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I don't think anything what's about to happen to him with Adesanya will be like his bout with Bisping.

I believe that unless Anderson catches him with a lucky k.o., Adesanya will destroy him in every other aspect of current MMA.

I've been a fan of Silva since the Rich Franklin massacre, but at this late point in his career, I don't see how he can win against Adesanya, the Jon Jones of 85.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1