The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Thats ok cuz khabib bout to hand him the bidness connor dont have a perfect all around style imo...he better be workin on his ground game for sure

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

2. Conner needs to keep it standing and KNOCK him out fast,GO CONOR McGregor... can the guy take McGregors power I don't think so,we know C M cant take the ground and pound, And can the Russian make weight and how much gas will he have in the tank,we know Conor can jab and move for 6 boxing rounds before he runs out of gas

3. Chuck "ice man" liddell is back!!!

4. Have u seen him fight? Even amateur fights! He can box and ground n pound...he aint where hes at for no reason but itll be a good fight i think

5. I don't like this one bit.

Chuck has been knocked out hard in his last few outings. He's almost 50 years old.

I'm a much bigger fan of Liddell's than I am of Ortiz, but Tito is right when he says he has been the more active fighter. Currently, he looks younger and more dynamic than Chuck as well.

In a perfect world, Chuck will knock him out again.
    I fear however, due to the timing of this fight, Tito is the fresher man. I'll hate to see him "avenge" his losses to Chuck in this way and get the final word in their feud.

At least everyone can remember what happened when they were in their prime

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2

6. Cringe-worthy to watch.

McGregor is drunk and/or coked up. Very embarrassing to watch any fighter behave this way.
    Hope he gets destroyed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Is that for real???

8. Is that for real???

9. Bro i watched the whole thing on youtube...hes taking shots of whiskey of his own brand and danas up there drinkin with him

10. Pretty sure i know he has a fight comin up soon

11. Yeah...that was very cringe. Dana looked like a mesmerized fanboy.

The whole event was many of the things that modern MMA has tried to stay away from, in order to gain professional credibility. Something they've desperately wanted for a long time already. See: Reebok deal, FOX deal, USADA...

Now you have a drunken Irishman (insert stereotypes here), promoting and drinking booze with his boss loudly on stage while the world watches. All the while, launching insults at another guy's family and country.
    This same guy, would easily be in jail for the dolley incident, but is out bragging about it like it's just part of the narrative, and it wasn't just money that bought him "justice".

Glad to at least see that the majority is calling McGregor out for it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lol missed lots of posts on here!
    First ofall I think Dana has publicly spoken about Diaz Vs Poirier for the 165lb title and has denied that it's happening.
    I'm a fan of both Chuck and Tito, they were the guys I used to watch in the early days but they've got no business being in there anymore.
    I was a fan of McGregor when he went over to UFC but not so much over the last few years. He had an easy ladder to climb to get to where he is which is ok but he was never an active champion and his attitude is terrible, no class. He's managed to get a huge following but many of them don't even know about mma.
    I predict he'll be ragdolled by Khabib.

• Like Like x 1
  13. More of the same

McGregor shows up half an hour late to yet another press conference. Dana says it's no big deal apparently. (When McGregor does it).

Every 2nd question to Khabib is about "Is he in your head? What about now? What about now?...what about...now?"

The coked up Irishman promotes his whisky once again....

Despicable as usual recently.

I'll never question McGregor's ability, as his stand up game is legitimately solid. However...
    As a person he is utter shit, and the only reason he is not in jail or denied a working visa for the US, is because money bought him freedom. Historically, this is maybe the nastiest rich-people-privilege there is. Not sure some of the cheering drunkards in the crowd are aware of this.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pure hatred for a man you have never met. Filth.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. To be fair he seemed pretty coked up at the first press conference. The guy was all over the place.
    I was a huge fan when he came to UFC and his rise to Aldo but something changed when he became famous in pop culture and he had fans who didn't know anything about MMA, this is still true today and I am pretty sick and tired of people who know nothing about MMA try to get me to agree with them that McGregor will win every fight that's coming up.
    I'm going to go out there and say I'm still not 100% sure that Conor is as good as he pretends to be. Yes his record is good. Yes he's won by stoppage time and time again. But who has he fought? How many of those guys were last minute replacements in a division where he was huge in comparison to the competition?
    I'm not hating, just trying to keep the whole thing grounded. People are blinded by this hype created partly by him and partly by the UFC.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Didn't knock out Mayweather though did he.....

• Like Like x 2
  17. #30680 Praetorian, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    What a bullshit statement.

Was your man not guilty of throwing an object at a bus that injured 2 UFC fighters? (One of them is suing him for it currently.)

Was your man not guilty of dodging major legal charges because of the sheer cash that supported his legal dilemma?

Is your man currently not being considered a cunt for not behaving even halfway decently during conferences while promoting his alcohol brand like a drunk clown?

Damn shame your backwards ass can't see what's right here

Filth indeed @Kush cookies

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1