The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. I agree, Jones didnt only beat, he wrecked almost everybody. No one could hold onto that belt very long until Jones.

Anderson Silva and Decor (thanks auto correct) Fedor have to be go there as well IMO

• Like Like x 2
  2. I actually thought DC was handling him in their last fight before the kick lol

3. When monsters walked the earth

• Like Like x 1
  4. Glad to see Chad Mendes back after a 1st round k.o. of Miles Jury.

[​IMG]

5. The thing with Jones is he's spent the majority of his prime suspended and is still in this discussion about who had a better record between him and GSP- if he had just kept his shit together and been able to stay active by now I think that he'd be undoubtedly the goat, perhaps another win over gus, probably rumble, gone up and done what DC has at heavyweight already. He has wins over 7 ufc/strikeforce/bellator champions and with the exception of DC those wins were before the age of 24, thats beyond impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #30626 Praetorian, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    I listened to Jon on Rogan's podcast, and realized that, sadly, Jon is still a very young man mentally.

He's either not surrounding himself with the right people, or he's "too wild" to listen to them.
    His latest disaster at the CSAC Anti Doping Hearing strongly hints of an ill-prepared legal defense.
    Jon seemed both uninformed, as well as ignorantly uncooperative with any of the legalities currently being held against him.

I've been on the Emelianenko train since like...96, but Jon could be goat in my book if he ever actually gets to it.
    He doesn't have to do much to cement it at this point. I think he beats Cormier. PEDs or not.
    After that, he can mop up the Octagon with Stipe and Brock's corpses on his way out and call it a career.
    I love Yoel, but Jon will fk him up too.
    [​IMG]

The problem for him right now, may be that after major consecutive layoffs, and major legal drama, they may just feed him to a constantly-active Daniel Cormier, who then actually does put him on his ass, for once.

Then everyone will shout about how it was all the PEDs all along. No one will, for a second, point out how much time Jon has been off, dealing with (earned) legal bs.
    Did he deserve it? Yes.
    Did we get to see the best Jon Jones? No.
    In a perfect world, I'd like to see him come back free of charges, but have to fight 2 smaller fights before he gets DC again.

If it sounds like I'm making excuses for him in advance, it's because I probably am.

I do think he is absolute goat material for sure, but at the same time, his personal life and legal troubles have certainly done enough to derail him.

Still tho

[​IMG]

7. And he more than likely cheated in every fight you mentioned.... Jones will never be the goat because he is a known cheater period. He is the lance Armstrong of mma.If he comes back and beats everyone that fact will not go away and will haunt him. If DC beats him next time he will undoubtedly be in the top 3 perhaps the goat. People like a champion that is humble enough to except defeat pick themselves back off the mat and work hard to improve. Jones does not exhibit any of these characteristics as a person imho and even though his skills are outstanding his mental confidence is lacking and he turns to steroids to give him the confidence he lacks without them. He literally could not fight without the help of steroids in his system and the record shows this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Why would true MMA's most dominant athlete fight in an organization that promotes a fake version of combat?

9. Well, for starters he can make a ton of money, and secondly even though there are legit injuries, the chance of getting hurt is much less since they're NOT REALLY TRYING TO KILL EACH OTHER.

Why would Brock or Ronda go to WWE? Answer? MONEY.

10. This and he can juice

11. Jon is top dawg in the UFC. No reason to leave at this point, unless he can't clear himself of his legal/USADA troubles.

Brock, and especially Ronda, had other reasons for getting the hell out of the UFC :smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking forward to Jones making it back and cleaning house @ 205 and HW.

12. How many top fighters do you think were clean?

13. One lol. DC. Good question and excellent point. To be honest probably not many if any.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. idk what happen to get multiple post my apologies

• Like Like x 1
  15. You had a good post about judging Jones on his outside-of-Octagon behavior, rather than his MMA accomplishments.
    I was going to give that approval, but it seems deleted now on my end.

16. #30640 Praetorian, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    And just like that, for no specific reason, it's time again for the monthly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1