The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. It's going to be a fight but I think at this point Rose isn't scared of Joanna at all. Joanna showed a lot of weekness IMO blaming everyone around her for her lose last time. Rose has the mental advantage and that's all she needs. I would be very surprised if Joanna wins. I don't think she's taking the belt away from Rose.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Despicable McGregor.

I did not like his antics way back since the UFC gave him several weeks to verbally abuse Aldo before their fight over and over.
    This only further outlines how low his character is.

I've been an MMA fan since '93 and I couldn't care less how much promotion this causes for any of his future fights. He assaulted fellow fighters with a weapon from the outside of the van they were in.

Khabib told him right: If you wanted to be a gangster, why didn't you step inside the van?
    Nope. The Irishman chose to hurl blunt objects at windows instead, causing two fighters to be scratched from the card due to injury, and as well as his own teammate Lobov for participating.

I hope they intend on collecting $$ from McGregor in any way they legally can.
    Report: Michael Chiesa files a police report against Conor McGregor after UFC 223 incident

If people can give Jon Jones the shit he got for what he did (deserved), then it's certainly McGregor's time to eat it from the UFC, the fans, and his sponsors.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I agree but.....

What would be better then watching McGregor talk all that smack and then Khabib mounts him and pounds that smirk right off of his face? I'd like that a lot better then a stupid law suit.

What he did was stupid. Now I want to watch him lose a fight. I don't think it will be in New York but Vegas would probably love to have him if he brings half of Ireland with him to Vegas like usual.

4. Hopefully an organization with some respect will arise from all of this. I would be fine with the UFC existing for the mma/wwf crowd, but I would personally be interested in a fight organization that stuck with a merit based system, but would it survive in the market?

Wouldn't most martial arts frown in McGregor's behavior ?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  5. Gonna be suspended for a while if not banned mma is about keeping your anger in check

6. I'm not sure about commissions banning/suspending him as he isnt involved in a sanctioned event at the moment, the only times I can think of punishments being given for anything remotely like this is the dc vs jones press conference fight and the conor vs nate monster throwing - both of which were at events to promote a fight, in the state the fight was in.. I think the athletic commissions are reaching a bit to suspend him, in this context (presuming he isnt down as a corner for lobov) you'd treat it the same as a member of the public doing this shit.

Presuming he gets convicted of all the charges suspensions wont matter anyway- it'll be difficult to get him a US work visa for the foreseeable future, he's probably done with fighting in america. Which also means he's worth a fraction of what he used to be to the UFC - he'd sell tickets in europe, but we don't have the ppv model over here, and most european cards are fightpass only for the american market, theres very little payback to the company for putting a bigger star than is needed to sell the tickets.

So when he's eventually cut.. I dont think bellator will touch him for visa reasons, ACB if i remember rightly are pretty tight with khabibs people, cant see cage warriors wanting him back after this (they do well out of staying in the UFCs good books)... ONE might legitimately be his best offer... yeah he's done with MMA

• Like Like x 1
  7. This is a very good point.

I've had to deal with visas my whole life, and I've seen people with records not get allowed into countries, or not allowed work visas.

Obviously, the UFC and Conor will use their millions to buy as much "justice" as they can.
    I wonder how many blue collar Irishmen have been denied visas for the same or lesser reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sadly, in the current state of the UFC, if his antics raises interest in seeing him perform, they will try to capitalize on it I would bet.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. More like the potential biggest last minute cancellation of history.
    T city bitches

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. You guys all notice that Pettis is out and now Al Iaquinta is fighting Khabib?

11. Yeah only khabib can win the belt tho

12. Why? He didn't make weight? Iaquinta is 155.

13. I think it's something with ranks

14. That's BS. The ranks mean nothing. They never had rankings until they put UFC on fox. Fox is the people that wanted them for casual fans so they could know how good a guy is. The fighters hate the rankings. They often don't make the most sense. They prevent good matchups because once a guy has a high ranking he won't take a fight from people below him.

I've seen the #9 or 10 guy fight for the title and jump over everyone else. If the title is on the line it should be on the line. No question that Iaquinta hasn't earned a shot but in my mind he has for saving the main event. If he's willing to step up and do that then he should have a shot at the belt too. Can you imagine if he wins and they tell him, "Sorry dude. No belt for you.". .. pffft.. lame.

• Like Like x 1
  15. someone tried to get on the card but UFC wouldn't let him because of rank

16. There's no rules on rank. That's basically a way of saying that he wasn't a good enough opponent.

17. laquinta should be next in line tho if it's a good fight or he wins

18. If they stripped McGregor and Tony has the interim belt that interim belt should just become the real belt. Whoever wants it should have to beat Tony. Kind of goofy that the UFC just makes it's own belts appear whenever they want.

19. The best solution and the most fair is to strip McGregor, Tony gets the 155 belt by default because he's interim champ. Then they make a new interim 155 belt for tonight. Winner gets Tony for the actual belt. While McGregor thinks about it in jail.

20. At one time Khabib was ranked like #5 when he had already beat the guy holding the belt. Those rankings are crazy sometimes. Many times fighters have lost to people who are ranked under them. It's subjective. It doesn't hold a huge amount of weight to me. What you looked like in your last few fights and who they were against is what matters.