The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. I've been saying Glover is overrated for like 3 years now. I never perceived even the slightest threat at 205 gold from him. Most of that division is very lukewarm. If it weren't for Cormier, Rumble, and Jon Jones, Luke Rockhold could have taken that division any day.

Shame we never got to see Jones vs Rumble.
    Unless Cormier had bionic implants installed since their last fight, or Jon is just ultra cage rusty from his long time off, I don't see DC doing much better the next time they fight. Once Jon puts DC on his ass again, or worse, he once again sits on the 205 throne like the absolute unchallenged king.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Age and cumulative injuries have not gone well for creepy. All those fight week injuries makes me think the weight cut isnt leaving him in a good state. Certainly not the fighter he once was.
    But if UFC had had a 125 division a few years before they did it'd wouldnt be 'mighty mouse hasnt beaten anyone iv heard of' it;d be 'mightymouse is the guy who beat uncle fucking creepy to get the belt and hasnt lost since!"

The only flyweight I can see being marketed significantly that the casuals think he's good is little pettis.

3. I don't want DJ to lose it. I like seeing a guy whip a WHOLE lot of other guys' asses for a LONG time. When a guy can do this it makes people believe they can defend themselves, too.

They don't even do something with 125 like have Mighty Mouse run some kind of youth outreach organization. ''Oh, it would demean him to actually admit we realize he's the size of most school kids!'' Yeah, well... whatever.

They've got a perfect hero there and they keep acting like a bunch of dumbassed entertainment jerks.

I can't stand the 125 fights, nobody cares. But it's still a darn good place to start teaching kids MMA.

Nope they won't do it because of the potential trouble. Because they're too dumb to bypass the PC politics of their age.

4. I agree with you but i also think they still have a chance to market the 125 class to fans. They need to include more flyweight fights in numbered events, the last DJ fight where he tied the title defence record was a fight night event for fucks sake. UFC is starting to do enough 2 title events that mighty mouse could co.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I ment it in the sence of the division's lack of excitement due to such a dominent champion. Much like when sliva and st.pierre ruled thier individual weight classes. Also similar to how the individual classes bacame more interesting when those dominant champions lost their titles.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. They're giving Mighty Mouse the bird because they're too f***g stupid to NOT insult the man by simply refusing to market him.

Of all the shit I've done for money in my life - I think I could figure out SOME fucking way to advertise the most defended title in fighting on the UFC planet.

DJ's the PERFECT champion.
    Nah we can't figure out a F****G thing to DO with this.

THAT - is a bunch of mass media jerks once again wanting to run stuff they don't have a CLUE how to run right.

7. Sorry when I talk about fighting I start relaxing and using the kind of foul language such environments sometimes find bein' used. I'm not mad or anything LoL - just dirty mouthed.

8. The problem is there aren't a lot of elite 125 lb fighters and certainly nobody even close to his level. He is a fucking monster but people don't wanna watch manlets fight. If you can't promote a division you can't really promote its champion. I wish he was a bigger man. All that said, i wouldn't think of missing a MM fight.

9. Oh Shit! Just say this today.
    UFC 213

I'm going to crap my pants if Whittaker knocks Romero out.

10. That is a stacked card right there, much better than the shit 212 card.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mien and Muhammad is going to be a scrapper. I like the throwback Thursday fight with Werdum and Overeem. Who doesn't want to see Lawler and Cerrone? Yep, might be worth BBQ'n and paying for this one.

12. Calling it right now: Whoever wins between Holloway and Aldo, if it happens in a decisive fashion like k.o., will call out McGregor after the fight.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Don't think halloway will call him out no point since mcgregor vacated that title and moved up a weight class. Aldo probably will he's been sour since his 2015 loss to McGregor and wont stop talking about him. But then again both do have losses to him so its not a crazy to assume either will call him out.

14. Don't forget, Holloway fought McGregor to a decision loss. This was McGregor's only non-finish victory since 2011 up until Nate Diaz happened.
    There's definitely history between these two, and considering that McGregor is the money fight for everyone in 45-70, and that he never lost his 45 belt in the cage, I wouldn't be surprised if Holloway went for him.

Whether or not he actually gets him at 45 is a different story. There, I can see McGregor firmly being done with the weight cut to that division.

• Like Like x 1
  15. They'll call him out because everyone wants to be part of the hype train but as many have said, the last time McGregor fought 145 he looked like death. I don't think he'll fight 145 again but I'd like to see it.

16. upload_2017-5-30_17-54-43.png

Of course he's going to come back to MMA. He's one of the best in the ultra shallow 205 and he's still in his prime. Unless he spawns some amazing counter career doing something else, why wouldn't he want to keep cashing in on his MMA prime?

Jon Jones needs to come back and beat the fat off of Cormier in brutal fashion. Then he and Rumble collide in a brawl festival that will leave onlooking children scarred for life. :jump:

17. Fuck Jon Jones.

18. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I love how a recently retired fighter tweets "I'm getting the itch." and it's national news. Maybe he just had an itch? If he wasn't going to retire he wouldn't have put forth such a poor performance clinching Cormier the whole time.