The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Am I the only one that thinks Nate Diaz is a little retarded?

2. Do you think he can even handle the top 5 lightweights?

3. How about Thompson? Thatd be interesting

4. Not by a long shot

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yeah I'd be down to watch that but I feel McGregor and MacDonald would be my ultimate match up with all the spinning heel kicks and question mark kicks... Would be like a Bruce lee movie

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rory is one of my favorite fighters to watch along with Condit, but this would be a terrible match up. He (Rory) technically superior in every way including striking and more stamina... Conor isn't looking to face him ever. Different league, guys like Lawler, MacDonald, Condit would slaughter him, in embarrassing fashion IMHO.

I'd like to see Conor vs Cerrone @ 155, Conor would get defeated. GSP would be funny. He (Conor) should stay at 145, He is very good striking and great in that weight class. Lacking ground game though, what the fuck was Diaz doing IDK. Should have tapped him out end of second or in the third.

Nate and Dos Anjos are lightweights...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Apparently it was CBD, is it not legal in America?

8. #29449 sgt baker, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    He should have saved the vape pen for after but obviously he did it on purpose as he doesn't "give a fuck". He should have went the distance and just sparked a J on stage. I know Cerrone has talked about using CBD oil cream in Colorado and how well it worked on his knee injury, but he doesn't smoke weed. Doubt they ban for CBD oil. It's pretty well known the Diaz bros smoke a fair amount of weed.

Like them or not, Nick Diaz is the man in the ring, unstoppable stamina and he backs everyone up... they are all scared of it.

9. Not a matter of legal, its a matter of banned substance in competition according to usada. Theres plenty normal legal every day shit not allowed in the system 6hrs either side of the fight, Im pretty sure like asprin and shit fall into that category. and CDB is on the list apparently.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I can see the logic of it then, i know cbd aids as a anti-inflamatory of the muscles. But no fighters muscles are going to be inflammed 6 hours before a fight, i cant think of any reason why it would be considered performance enhancing.

11. I'd say its two fold- CBD acts as a pain killer no? in competition they arnt allowed, not reacting to damage would be performance enhancing. and also from a fighter safety point of view they dont want guys going in the cage high, banning all canabinoids and theyre metabolites is a blunt tool (pardon the pun).

12. Looks like Rory MacDonald is going to sign with Bellator for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Fighting on CBD is terrible, THC would be possibly enhancing in small doses, possibly detrimental in high doses. CBD though... that's something for after the fight and training.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Id toke right after a fight to curb the potential cascade of brain damage, and high dose some quality omega 3's.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It's dope Bellator is finally financially legit enough to snag high ranking fighters from the UFC. In a big way too...I'm pretty sure I read an article stating Rory is gonna go from making 90k per fight to 300k+ per fight w/ this switch.

Competition like that and the 'Fighters Union' being formed in the UFC are both indicative of big pay raises in the near future for the fighters. Which they desperately need - from the highest levels down to the guys at the local shows.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Although UFC have the best fighters, Rory is still young he has time. I'd like to see him make as much dough as possible for his family. If you ask me, he has put on one of the best fights I ever seen vs Lawler, makes conor vs nate look like nothing but hype. He took a lot of damage there and now his noise is in bad shape which will be effecting his fights from now on. Maybe he can rest up while beating up the dudes in Bellator and getting paid, better to stay active than to take a long break. One day come back and take the belt. I think he is 100% capable of beating everyone in his weightclass in UFC.

• Like Like x 3
  17. haha I think quality Omega 3's are extremely important. I take high levels of EPA oil daily as I feel it's one of the most important supplements to take along with multi's and minerals.

• Like Like x 1
  18. A interesting concept for this years TUF, looking forward to it... Doesn't seem to be to many drama queens this year.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I think this season is as much about how many times can we show mightymouse highlight reals and talk about how awesome he is so that casual fans might at some point give a fuck who he is and he might be able to actually carry a ppv card at some point... but suposedly the first episode did awful numbers by tuf standards.
    mighty mouse just cant catch a break

• Like Like x 1