The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. I'd usually agree with that, but I think no one cuts weight like Conor does. Jose never punched people into their block and wobbled them the way he did with Poirier, Siver, etc.

No one, I mean no one in that division cuts weight like Conor does, which would explain why he's been absent from the division as long as he has been without injury. He prefers to fight at 155 and 170 because it doesn't take him being a skeleton to make weight.

I saw a previous poster listed this

look at Conor's body

2. I'll admit that, that is indeed one way of looking at things. Another one could be Nate was in Mexico getting drunk just 10 days before the fight. So maybe not having a fight camp played into Conor tagging him a few times in the first, perhaps, for all one knows, it could be, it may be, it's possible, possibly, conceivably.

3. I think Nate, who I love, has nothing on Conor in the standup until Conor gasses. There is no scenario where Nate completely out-athleticizes Conor. I think he weathered the storm in the 1st fight only bc the Diaz bros are that mfk tough, and Conor was used to beating up (far) smaller men at 145.

The Diaz bros are known as volume punchers, and that doesn't work against someone who is better on the feet. If you look Nick and Nate's fights, their opponent didn't generally bust them up to high heavens in round 1. If the Leprachaun maintains a pace for 3 rounds and fights the way he did in the first fight, Nate dies.

I really, really hope I'm wrong.

4. I hope they knock each other out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'll give you 72/1 odds, talk to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  6. Just saw an article on BJ Penn's fb...I guess there's going to be a Fighters Union forming soon?

Very cool. And about time. I've been saying this is what the fighters have needed for awhile. They'll band together and strike if they're not paid/treated adequately...which they certainly haven't been.

Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 11.49.22 AM.png

:smoking:

• Like Like x 5
  7. The UFC signed a Russian bear by the name of Bilyal Makhov. The guy is 0-0 MMA, but an otherwise badass 6'5" 290 lbs beast wrestler. From what I've seen, his striking isn't there yet, but if this cat learns how to stand and bang things could get interesting. Rogan and co talk about him, starting at 5:19

8. Packed card coming up Saturday.

McGregor - Diaz
    Cerrone - Story
    Rumble - Texeira
    Dirty Bird - TBA
    Garbrandt - Mizugaki
    Magny - Larkin

9. Magny Larkin is not on the main card, correct? Fucking crime against humanity is what that is. Magny has all the tools to be a champ one day.

10. Anyone here does kickboxing?

11. i think they both have equally good standup, McGregor has the upperhand in power though.
    I do believe Conor gassed, but you have to remember Diaz also took the fight on really short notice, so he wasn't in the best shape either.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Are we still making our picks for the fights?

@imBaked

13. @imBaked @VikingToker if we're still doing this

McGreggor (im going very back and forth on this, I really like both of them)
    Rumble, Cowboy, Lim, dirty bird,

14. I think he gassed too, i think his problem was that he was smaller and had a hard time closing the distance. Tons of his shots missed if i remember correctly, he seemed ill prepared for the size and reach difference compared to his previous opponents.

15. Its Time! For the undisputed 'I dont give a fuck, I dont give a fook either. fuck your team. FOOK your team' belt.
    Im going with Diaz ko, late 4th round.

16. Delighted for McGregor, great fight, great win.

• Like Like x 1
  17. great fight.
    and props to glenn trowbridge for the 47-47, always good to see a judge willing to use the options they have.

18. Ok don't know how he can take on Robbie Lawler like he said he would. He struggled with Nate Diaz who's not even a natural welterweight so I can't see him lasting long with someone experienced and big as Robbie Lawler. Decent fight anyways

• Like Like x 1
  19. The fight I'd want to see at 170 would be McGregor against MacDonald, both have such a similar style and prefer the stand up.