The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Coincidentally fighting Norwegian hopeful Emil Weber Meek tomorrow night in Milan

:laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I didn't know Palhares is fighting. RIP Norwegian guy :( In the age of technology, having all your limbs functional, really IS not all that important.

3. [​IMG]

soon to be monikered Emil "The Wheelchair" Meek

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looool. They should let him bring the axe to the fight. Only fair.

What kind of person names himself "Valhalla"? Not Odin, not Thor. No, this guy goes for Valhalla :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Same kind of asshole that would name himself "VikingToker"

• Like Like x 3
  6. Palhares is 36, so another one of those who could wake up any day and be an old man by MMA standards. Until that day, probably the last person I want to fight in today's MMA. I'll take a Jon Jones knockout over getting crippled.

• Like Like x 1
  7. yeah I think he's been dipped in dumb-as-shit-sauce to take this fight

but if he wins, it will propel him into at least a subcurrent of fame

• Like Like x 1
  8. For sure.

Palhares may have been banned from an organization or two and is a controversial character, but everyone knows he's an animal on the ground. If Meek wins, he's slain a known guy. Biggest fight of his career for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Right, what an asshole

• Like Like x 2

10. From this Venator show Palhares is gonna be on

Mayhem is the right nickname for Miller

• Like Like x 1
  11. #29011 Oni~, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    I spoke with Mayhem on the phone once, shortly before the Nick Diaz-Strikeforce thing. A friend of a friend was dating a guy who trained with him, and that guy was at a party I was attending. We were the only 2 people there remotely interested in MMA (this was like a decade ago), and he's like "Oh yeah, I train with Mayhem Miller". I thought he was full of shit, but he showed me some gym pics of them. Then he called him on the phone and we spoke for a few minutes.

It wasn't that big of a deal back then, since Mayhem wasn't as "famous" as he is now, but it was interesting to see him go through everything else he went through since that party. Crazy weight miss though. It seems he just doesn't care about it anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  12. [​IMG]

the norwegian pulled through

brutal elbow spam ko over palhares

• Like Like x 2
  13. that Venator card may have the most "Is he still going? Didnt he retire?" fighters Iv ever seen on a main card.

I wonder if their owner is still going to insist mayhem is committed to making a serious comeback after this

• Like Like x 1
  14. #29015 Rotties4Ever, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Palharis got ko'd? This is a good day.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jason Miller is a sad case of neglet, people around him failed him I think. Ive been following hes downward spiral for a while now, he needs a different environment then the one he currently finds him self in. I hope he will bounce back from this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #29017 Oni~, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    *Edit: Saw it. Basically the same thing that happened to Josh Barnett against Mr. Rousey. He went for a takedown and caught a key elbow from the top. Different positioning in this one and he switched to the back after landing the initial elbow, but it's the elbow that got it all started. Goes to show in MMA, split seconds decide fights.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. thats definitely the area to train when fighting palhares- in a single camp your not going to take a none leg locker to a place where getting into a leg entanglement position ever becomes a good idea. But you can pretty much be sure he is going for a single leg early and he dosnt go in fast or hard on it compared to most wrestlers because he's not 100% committed to finishing the takedown to top position he's happy to fall back and pull to single leg x guard.
    I wonder if going forward countering the single leg with strikes will become the blueprint for how to deal with him.

• Like Like x 1
  18. is that misha and holly?