the OFFICIAL trippy movie thread.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by joe Biggs, Oct 26, 2008.

1. LOL that was great. I can't wait til this film comes out on DVD so I can watch this shit many times to fully grasp the concept.

2. #122 Harry Hood, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
    Ghost In The Shell. It's not really trippy in the visual sense, but there's a lot of deep shit that goes on in the film. I don't know, its one of my favorite films to watch while stoned to the max. I'm talking about the original Ghost In The Shell, not the shitty sequels.

3. IMHO, there are 3 directors that rule the trippy / surrealistic / psychedelic film genre: Luis Bunuel, David Lynch and Alejandro Jodorowsky

recommended:
    Bunuel: That Obscure Object of Desire, The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie
    Jodorowsky: El Topo, The Holy Mountain
    Lynch: Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Elephant Man, Inland Empire

also recommended:
    Altered States
    Solaris
    Go (not necessarily trippy, however I recommend it for its non linear plot and drug theme)
    Liquid Sky - visually stunning sci fi
    The Man Who Fell to Earth - David Bowie plays an alien on a mission to take water back to his planet. Oh and he makes a little money by selling tech gadgets while he's at it

4. I'm new here btw...so hi.. but I was reading through all the posts trying to find some good movies to watch high. I watched Pans Labirnth and Fritz the Cat..both were very un-enjoyable in my opinion. Pan's Labirinth is not as visually stimulating as you think, and is very morbid and violent. Not the kind of thing you want to trip out to. I watched another suggestion, Watership Down, that was quality (although I had seen it before). I find a lot of Disney movies are very good to watch stoned. Fantasia obviously, Alice in Wonderland, another suggestion I'd make is another movie by Disney called "The Black Cauldron" it is an old Disney movie, but by far their darkest, there was no songs in it whats so ever. Just a pretty dark, gloomy Disney movie, that has quite a cult following.

I personally love nature documentaries or Space documentaries. Now they are trippy.

5. I swear to god this tripped my mind! At 2mins it gets really intence! They sort of digitally project it onto buildings and use light effects. Really awsome!

[ame=http://vimeo.com/9744932]Super-menace on Vimeo[/ame]

6. Haha, how crazy would that be if someone there just happened to be on lsd.

7. The beginning of Super Troopers confused me when I was high haha. :wave:

8. #130 a10fjet, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2010
    I'm not going to restate any that have already been said.
    Sunshine - highly recommended stoned/tripping, there are only a couple brief parts that could give you a bad trip, but the majority of it I find completely amazing.
    Labyrinth - cant believe no one has said this lol. Film only grossed like half its budget but its still a pretty crazy, funny film.
    Antichrist - its trippy but i dont really recommend tripping while watching it
    Deja Vu - pretty cool movie, could have used a better main actor
    James and the giant peach - haha love that story
    Spiral - this one might be hard to find, it has a fucking awesome storyline though.
    Any of the matrix's, esp animatrix. worth reiterating.

I imagine any of the Harry Potter movies would be interesting. Magic and all...

9. I watched Eraserhead while stoned alone in a dark house on a dark night in the middle of Winter with snow gently coming down outside, and let me tell you, I'm not sure what was worse; the movie, or thinking about it in the cold later while still blitzed as fuck.

10. Also, to laugh to, The Wicker Man remake.

11. Anyone posted the movie made by Frank Zappa? 200 motels?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEjYNpoS-qI]YouTube - Frank Zappa - 200 Motels excerpt[/ame]

12. this was a good thread

13. Great movie to trip to, but also really scary to trip to lol.

Im gonna add Cronos to the list as well as Evil Dead 2.

14. The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. all kinds of crazy awesomeness

15. has no one else tripped and watched the laws of attraction? that movie was a total trip the other night.

16. Apocalypse Now

17. The Prestige might just be my favorite movie