*The Official Tolerance Break Thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by Heinous Anus, May 2, 2006.

1. How come you have to go 3 months without smoking?

2. Cutting cold turkey for 3 months might seem a little harsh. But, if it needs to be done, then it needs to be done.

Or you could always cut back to a few times a week. Then, if you know you have drug test coming up...try the AZO Standard method. Seems to work for many on here.

I'm just looking to not really be bored with the high. I know I'll probably be tokin' the rest of me life. Just not all day, every day. :)

Good luck, buddy! I'll give you tons of respect if you make it those 3 months. But, if not...who cares? Only weed.

3. Yea, but I never let smoking get in the way of working out or other important things. Even on my binge, I would always wait til after the gym. Working out gives me a different high, a high sense of accomplishment. :hello: (Corny, I know...)

4. first sentance of my post

on day 3 of my 3 month break for my summer jobs. At the end of the summer aug, 5th my birthday i am quiting. Since a lot of my friends still smoke and i am there hookup i will prolly end up buying oz's all summer long and i will freez an 1/8th from each oz and then buy an oz when my b-day comes, so i should have about 2 oz's and a 3 month tolerance break. I plan to sit down and load every pipe me and my friends have, so prolly like 14 bowls between bongs,pipes and the such and just sit there and smoke them all as fast as i can. I also gave my friend my 1 month old roor since i cant smoke so he is happy.

Heinous Anus your 100% right, i could clear my system out, thats what my friends do. But for many reasons i want to do this. 1 my tolerance will be oh so nice. I have quit before for a week or two and i notice a difference but I want to know if 3 months makes a huge difference because like you said being stoned all the time gets boring. last week i was smoking just because i had nothing better to do and it lost a lot of its meaning. second, i want to see if i can do it. like you said its just weed so it should be easy, i hate the fact that i am mentaly addicted to it and want to proove that i can do it. Save time and money.

5. not corny at all, its a prooven fact.....

6. Yeh, there are lots of ways to lower your tolerance faster, ESPECIALLY if you already have a high metabolism (like me :D)

Anyways, I don't work out (THOUGH I DEFINATELY SHOULD :() but that is certain to clear your system of THC. The big thing with tolerance breaks is trying to get rid of all that delta 8 THC that is lodged in your fatty tissues. That's what's keeping your tolerance up I believe (though I'm not sure, so don't quote me on that or nothin . . .)

Anyways, some surefire ways of getting rid of THC is to simply go through the procedures as if you were to get a drug test for a job or something. Green Tea, coffee, exercise in combination with a heavy fat diet, not smoking (obviously), are the classic way of getting your THC levels lowered and thusly, I believe, lowering your tolerance. Obviously, the longer you do this, the more effective.

A good way to conserve weed and keep your tolerance low is to simply smoke once a day. Smoke just enough to get high, and then stop, let yourself come down entirely, and don't smoke until 24 hours later. This is hard for nearly everybody I know, but I try and limit my smoking sessions to twice a day and that usually works pretty well. I noticed my tolerance went way up after I started smoking some of my home made hash though, so I presume that smoking hash puts your tolerance way up when you go back to smoking just bud.

Anyways, good luck with tolerance breaks, everybody. It's hard psychologically for some, but in the end you have something to look forward to when you finally get holdin again.

7. Yea, but why? Are they drug testing you? You just want to?

8. yes they are drug testing me, why else would i have to because of a job?????????????????

9. That was the main problem with me and smoking. Just nothing to do. Sitting around thinking "I want to kill some time, why not smoke a fat bowl?"

Now, I'm working nearly 70 hours a week training. Always been going to the gym though. Work and being dry really lead me to this break. Yea, it was getting pretty expensive for me too. I would buy in bulk, but being a nice guy, I'd share, smoke people out, etc...so, it got pricey.

My buddy ALWAYS has tons of primo dank. He'll invite me over to blaze, but for the past few days, I've been declining. Takes some balls too, since you'll always get baked going over there.

Hell, if you make it 10 days you should be good. I mean, I'm not really stressing over loving weed. I do love it. Nothing wrong with that. Moderation is key, though.

10. That's why I asked my friend:smoke:

11. My metabolism is incredibly fast. Its damn near impossible for me to gain weight. (Or maybe its a tapeworm)

I actually didn't know about coffee. Well, I can't have that seeing as how I'm allergic to caffeine and chocolate.

But, the saunas are sure to help. Sweating all those toxins out, along with a heavy cardio workout it gives you. Burns off so much fat. I'd recommend it to anyone. Plus, you just feel so relaxed after getting out. :D

12. Coffee temporarily increases your metabolism similar to green tea (I attribute it to caffeine, though I'm sure it's not as simple as that).

As for the sauna idea, it sounds good but that much steam makes me feel highly uncomfortable as I'm used to dry climates. Ah well, to each his own. It does make sense that that would cause you to lose weight quickly, but I'd rather do something else.

13. i dont have problems taking tolerance breaks except for i cant really sleep with out THC in my system and thats actually because i have insomnia and it helps me sleep.

14. I'm taking another tolerance break as well, 3 days at least (untill Friday). It's gonna be tough, but it's as easy as not buying weed I suppose, as I'm dry.

15. OH MAY GOD, rupert, wow its been a long time since i heard that name.

16. Rupert, he's the one! Wow, I remember that show on Nick Jr. That's back when I was younger, and in the summer with nothing to do. Forced to watch horrible tv, lol.

Yea, I'm from Florida. So I'm more used to those wet/humid climates. I love it!

Wow, I

17. florida is the best imo

maybe not on prices in some places but i just like the year around temp around here.

i have 1 hit left of that chronic and im saving it for my bday incase my friends arent out by then. ( may 10th )

Hopefully that one hit will get me high on that day since my tolerance should be lower.

18. I just started a break because I am broke. I have no money for weed. I didn't wake and bake for the first time in a long while today and I was itching for it....these are going to be a long few weeks until I start working this summer...then I'll buy a zip a lip and chief chief chief. And yeah it's gonna take quite a few cigs this week I imagine...

but pinkfloyd that idea sounds awesome man, hit me up if I'm in town lol.
    PS I bought another ounce of scwhag in Lawrence and it was pretty crappy again, 8 grams of seeds/stems...paid $60. Rolled a lot of fat blunts, it was still a good time.

19. That one hit will probably get you a nice buzz from some good chronic and a 10 day break.

Right on, Emohnke...just think when you do blaze again (and you'll have some extra money for some good shit)...that blunt you roll will really fuck you up!

Good luck. :)

20. Well, lastnight was the first time in months were I could remember the dreams I had. Nothing really vivid or exciting, but just nice to wake up and be like, "Now, that was a fucked up dream." :)