The Official "The Stoner Guy from Half Baked Ruined the Movie" Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by camram, Aug 9, 2011.

1. but that was the whole point of it

2. I agree...to me it was just dumb. Like, sorry, but he acted like a moron which just ruined the integrity of the film for me. I know it's meant to be a comedy but I prefer things that are funny because they are cleverly observed, not because they are over acted and stereotypical with no actual intelligence involved in the comedy (in my opinion.)

BTW I love Chappelle and shit...I just wasn't feeling this film and, as I have read, nor was he.

(Also if the point was that it was over acted and stereotypical then I just didn't enjoy it and it didn't appeal to me, for the reasons above. Sorry to be such a stuck up prick but it's just how I feel.)

3. lol nah I thought it was pretty lolz especially the scene where he gets fired and the scene where he says "ill pretend im jamaican man".Its just a silly movie not meant to be taken seriously at all.

4. I saw like 70% of the movie for the very first time last week. I didn't really like it though.. seems like just another typical stoner movie

5. Ya you just don't get it dude, Half Baked should not be analyze like a film, but straight up enjoyed with some friends and some buds, don't think too hard. Whether Chapelle wanted it like that I dunno.

6. Yeah, fuck stephen baldwin too, stoner movie actor, then spews shit like this?...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8QCvWkHiGU[/ame]

7. DIE thread DIE!!