Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The OFFICIAL "stoner FAQ/myths debunked" thread

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by phantomxrider, Nov 27, 2010.

1. #1 phantomxrider, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2010
    Over the past few months I've gotten pretty annoyed at all the questions that have been popping up. No offence, but you noobs really tend to overanalyze alot of things :rolleyes::cool:

So, I've compiled a list. Feel free to add, but I must stress:
    1. NO DEBATES. This is a FAQ, and I don't want it to turn into just another argument thread.
    2. NO OPINIONS. None of this "this is what I've heard" stuff. I want this to be as factual as possible.
    3. This is about stoner myths, not reefer madness BS. Health debates & legality questions aren't meant for this thread. Instead just keep it to the myths and FAQs.

On with the list...

1. Do smoking cigarettes/putting in a dip get you higher? Well, does tobacco have THC? Nope. It gives off a nicotine buzz and that's it. If you pay attention, that nicotine buzz will fade in a few minutes just like it does when you're sober.

2. How long should I hold it in for? There's people that swear up and down that holding it in for X seconds gets you higher. Personally, I know somebody who's been smoking for years and immediately exhales her hit and gets just as stoned as the rest of us. What you're doing when you hold it in is asphyxiating yourself, or in layman's terms, you're starving your brain/bloodstream of oxygen. This causes you to get lightheaded. Pay attention next time you hold it in for that "magic number." Are you any higher than you normally should be after a few minutes? No? It's because your brain got the oxygen back and you're no longer lightheaded.

3. Joints VS Blunts VS Pieces: Yes, joints are a pretty good way of wasting weed IF you don't roll them right! I've had a 1G jay burn just as long as a 1G blunt. Yes, bongs are more effective IF you hit it right! Don't just half-ass milk the thing and barely clear the chamber. Bongs/bowls are also a much more effective way to save your weed IF you work it right. Don't torch the weed; instead hit a small corner of it and only leave the flame on there for a second, it'll cherry itself. Ultimately a bong will get you more stoned than a jay or blunt because the weed's only burning when it needs to be, and you also simply get a bigger hit using less weed. At the end of the day, however, it comes down to personal preference. I myself am a blunt kinda guy just for the sheer portability of it. Plus if somebody comes up on you, you can always toss or eat the thing and have nothing left on you....good luck trying that with your ROOR. :cool:

4. Ciga(rillos) VS blunt wraps: When it comes to blunt smokers, it's either a gutted out cigar or a piece of a blunt wrap. It boils down to preference and what the roller can work with. I myself can't roll a blunt wrap to save my life but I can craft a damn good blunt or joint. However, it's true that these blunt wraps are horrible. Not only do they taste bad (least of your worries), imagine what the process of making these things is. A giant conveyor belt with die-cut wraps made out of tobacco pulp off the factory floor being sprayed down with strange mystery chemicals that add flavor. Additionally, if you gut a cigar there's significantly less tobacco being smoked than wrapping a giant square around the blunt five or six times.

5. Hemp line VS Butane lighters: I have always used butane lighters. However, some weed aficionados prefer to use the hemp when lighting their bowls, saying it makes it taste better. I have no experience to say 'yes' or 'no' to this. However, people also use them to light their blunts or jays. This is cool and all but it isn't going to change the taste of the whole blunt. Think about it, that butane isn't going to travel all the way through the blunt. It's a gas that's ignited and burned away. After you put out your lighter, the only thing left burning is the marijuana.

6. Plastic: Plastic is HORRIBLE for you to smoke out of.....if that's what your bowl is made out of! That's it. You can have a completely plastic bong with a glass bowl and be perfectly fine. The reason is because the smoke itself is not hot enough to melt the plastic after it leaves the bowl, especially if you have a water chamber to cool it down. If the smoke was hot enough to melt the inside of the bong and give off fumes, then imagine what that temperature would do to your throat tissue.

7. Can I eat weed? Yeah, if you cook it at the right temperature and the THC dissolves into the right fats. If you could simply pick up a bud and eat it, there'd be no point in smoking it.

8. Does coughing make you higher? Again, this is a myth picked up from generations of stoners. There is no THC in a cough and the THC already dilates your lung-holes so it's not being "forced up there." Take a look at what made you cough. Did you take a massive bong rip? Did you smoke more than you can handle? If not, then the sensation you're feeling is lightheadedness yet again. Pay attention, it'll fade it a minute or two.

2. Great post. +rep

3. 8. If it's purple its good bud: Cold temperatures makes bud turn purple. Putting mids in the freezer will make it purple.

4. Sticky immediately pl0x

5. Pictures of this happening, because ive done it and it hasnt worked

6. i don't have pictures lol but i found this

"Purple Kush, Purple Bud, Purple Cannabis, Purple Weed, how come some weed is purple when everyone knows it supposed to be green? Marijuana turns purple for one of two reasons. The first is genetics. Some varieties of marijuana are known to be very dark purple in color, making them a Purple Strain. Some examples would include Grand Daddy Purple (which is usually light purple) to Mr. Nice (which is usually in the middle) to a Midnight (which is almost black). Purple Kush Marijuana is commonplace in California dispensaries. Almost every shop will have at least 1 purple on the board. GDP gives a fairly good yield indoor and tends to be one of the cheaper strains available, but this does not mean that it doesn't pack a punch. Although be sure to look for frosted nuggets.
    La Purple Kush is about to start pouring in. The second way to get Purple Kush Bud is by growing under cold conditions. Almost all strains of marijuana change to a purple color when the temperature stays below 50 *F during the dark cycles. When you do an outdoor crop in the springtime, which usually only works in lower latitudes, often the nights are so cold that the whole plant, including the buds, turns a deep purple. The amount of color change depends on the strain of marijuana, as well as the change in temperature. Some grow rooms will exaggerate this effect on purpose choosing to blast the A/C for a full 24 hours even when the lights are off. You can often see that plants directly in front of the air conditioner will have purple leaves while plants genetically identical, but not directly in front of the cold air are a normal green. This is how you get Purple OG Kush, purple blueberry, purple romulan, purple ak 47, purple sensi star etc.
    So if you want to Grow Purple Kush, be sure to buy Purple Kush Seed, and to keep the room cold. This way you will get the best Purple Kush Weed, and live the best Purple Kush Living, all while you Smoke Kush that you grew all by yourself."

Purple Marijuana- You got the Purps! | The Kush Doctor Blog

you can google it if you want to know more

7. Nice guide, man.

Check out mine.

8. Stoner roomate told me my bid lighter was bad luck ;o

9. Good idea man.

About the hemp wick though - I heard people use it instead of a butane lighter because inhaling the butane fumes from lighting it is very unhealthy. I'm sure some use it for taste, but mostly its because the butane is dangerous to inhale.
    Don't get me wrong, I use a bic all the time and ive never gotten sick from it, but this is what i've heard.

Hope to see this list keep growing! +subbed :smoke:

10. Thank you ! I need to slap a few people in the face with this post.

sticky material +!

11. Thanks man :smoke:
    I do hope it does get stickied.

12. You do get higher if you hold it in longer because more of the smoke is able to make contact with the surface of your lungs rather than just a portion of it.

Also coughing might not make you higher but it will make you high more quickly because it forces smoke not into the lung tissue but through into capillaries, the entrance to the bloodstream.

13. i got my first bag of purps dank shit 3 hits to be high never had a better strain than this its a no name its my fave next to UK cheese

14. can someone debunk the allminum bowl alzehimers question, i think it must be safe cause u use alinum for the coals in hookas

15. Sounds like some bro science to me. I have heard that once the smoke has been in your lungs for 3 seconds 95% of the THC is absorbed.

16. 2. NO OPINIONS. None of this "this is what I've heard" stuff. I want this to be as factual as possible.

And you state NO scientific studies actually proving whatever you're saying. Your word is as good as mine. :wave:

17. Of course, if you hold in the smoke you just inhaled for longer than instantly blowing it out, you will get more high. Longer than 3 seconds or so, is just you forcing the combustion products of weed into your lungs. Maybe if you had one hit left this would be acceptable, but I just hold it for 3 seconds or so. Less if it hurts or I'm going to cough. I avoid coughing at all costs.

Why would you want to cough out smoke through your vocal cords and violently contract your lungs. Lol its not very healthy, only cough afterwards is my rule, if you cough while holding it for a second or three you took too big a hit. If it gets you more ripped and its your thing, then go for it; but when I cough out smoke my throat is done. Maybe its because I don't already smoke cigarettes.

I don't know about your capillaries thing, it doesn't make much sense in general. Your just pushing all your wind out, thats how I think about it I guess.

18. Aluminum is bad to use, studies have shown that as it breaks down, its products over time can cause Alzheimers.