The Official Search Button Tutorial

Discussion in 'General' started by -m/, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Atlast a thread to end all possible stupid future threads.

Step 1:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step 2:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step 3:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step 4:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step 5:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Finally, Step 6:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So let's go over that oen more time.
    Step 1: Find search button.
    Step 2: Click search button.
    Step 3: Examine results from click, just take a minute to take it all in, the search button in it's almighty beauty. Shining proudly with all it's glory. Isn't it a truly awe inspiring sight?
    Step 4:Type in your question and click go.
    Step 5: Sort throught threads until you find just the right one then click it.
    Step 6: Now that you have found just the right thread with the answer you were looking for you have finally reached success. Your greatest questions answered in such a simple process how amazing. The search button must truly be man's greatest invention (aside from sliced bread, of cource. It it's already sliced you don't need to take the time out of your incredibly busy day to pick up an extremely heavy knife and use you gift of reason and ingenuity, mans greatest skill of all, to slice off however much bread you want, because it's already done for you)
    Step 7: If you're question still isn't answered, you should then post a thread and hopefully someone will answer it for you.

Congradulations! You now know how to use the search button, now go out there and search, search like the wind! :hello:

2. You've got way too much time on your hands.

3. And way too much Focalin ;)

4. I use it quite often. I'll usually resurrect dead threads just so I don't start another one with the same topic.

But, sometimes I'll type in the exact title of the thread of I'm looking for and nothing will come back. Even though I just saw the thread about 3 days ago it says there isn't one.

Always thought I was just using it wrong somehow...

5. Well atleast you try to use the search button, instead of just posting a thread in the apprentice tokers forum without even trying.

6. Lolcat language overload

7. Yeah the search thing isn't very accurate a lot of the times.:confused:

8. THIS THREAD HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON PLZ

kidding

9. damn, thanks for teaching me this man.

its not that most people dont know HOW to search, they just dont wanna take the time to read through all those "possible" answers.

but, ill +rep you anyway, im sure thats what you were after

10. It sounded like Toki Wartooth was explaining the thing to me the whole time.

11. In some of the forums I've been on it's the only language they speak...
    I just automatially assumed that since on those forums they never use the search button, that maybe some of them came to the city aswell and needed to learn how to use the search button. So I made it in a language they could understand.

12. IMO, people are way to hard on those who start threads that have already been done before. Yes, I know some of them start threads in which there are 5 different current ones that are the same thing. I can see how that's annoying.

However, I'm with heinous on this. I used the search button all the time, and the stuff that comes up in the results isn't even remotely related to what I searched for. So, while I do agree that people need to use the search button more, it's really not going to help out that much with redundancy.

13. it really doesn't work that well, chill