*[The Official Sandwich/Hoagie/Grinder Appreciation Thread]*

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by ChillnSmoke, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Hmm I wonder if this will go anywhere, its worth a shot.

I think a lot of you stand by me when I say sandwiches are probably one of the greatest things ever thought of in the history of mankind.

Even if you like yours from Subway, Quizno's, or just throwin one together at home; Grilled, toasted or chilled, sandwiches always leave us fuckin satisfied.

2. dude ... subways are just the mutts nuts no doubt about it:p

3. every friday
    footlong pizza sub on parmesan organo with cheese toasted
    lettuce+tomatoes+cucumber+onion+green pepper+mayooo+sweet onion+chipotle
    amazing

4. Chicken Mesquite from Quiznos with honey mustard on the side. oh damn, I could eat that every day

5. 6 inch Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki on white with AMERICAN cheese, pickles, tomatoes, and sweet onion sauce. That's a good sandwich right there.
    At home I make a sandwich out of whatever I have in the fridge. I make a mean homemade sandwich.

The Flock. :smoking:

6. I LOVE subs. None of that garbage they pass off at subway tho. I like to make my own and theyre 10x better than subway. Usually starts with a fresh loaf of french bread, slice er down the middle, add a full lb of honey smoked turkey, slices of swiss, pepperjack, and cheddar cheeses, with a little bit of mayo and a little bit of honey mustard, then fry up a few strips of bacon and stack em on top and throw the whole bitch in the oven...Id rather eat one of these than have sex anyday of the week

7. nice, there was this kid in high school that always brought these sandwiches for lunch and they were like gourmet made by his mom, and he never really appreciated them. We all got pissed at him for that as we ate our peanut butter and jelly-soaked-through-the-bread sanwiches.

8. ...you might be God..

9. alright check it:

Place: Subway
    Sandwich: Absolutely ORGASMIC!! :smoking:
    Ingredients: Foot long italian herbs and cheese bread WITH salami, pepperoni, turkey, and bacon TOASTED. then just a LITTLE BIT of chipotle sauce.

god damn it's amazing.

10. god damn i'd give you rep but i've gotta spread it around to give it to you again.

11. I work at a sub shop....:eek: I get tired of them sometimes, but there are better ones out there. I guess im appreciating subs cause in a way they pay my bills!

12. Pretty much anything from Cheba Hut.

CHeBA HUT

13. HEll ya CHEBA HUT, a restaurant made especially for stoners.

14. [​IMG]

chicken cheese steaks
    ham and turkey BLT
    Cheesesteaks
    stromboli's
    fuck i mso hungry

15. i made a sandwich of pork chop and fiddleheads once, it was great.
    other than that, the only sandwiches i make for myself are chicken salad.

16. chillnsmoke, why no mention of paninis? you no like italians or what? we may have to take this outside.

or into my kitchen so i can show you how to make the bombest panini ever. either way

17. It aint a Hoagie mind you...it's a Submarine Sandwich, or Sub for short :rolleyes:

I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE Quiznos after a long day of blazing and heading there to eat a delicious Traditional Sub toasted with all the toppings with banana peppers :love:

Subway I don't go to much but a new place I am beginning to love is a small corner Sub place in Red Bank, New Jersey called Elsie's..my god so fucking good..anyone from the area that LOVES subs MUST go here atleast once(because you'll go there again deff) :yummy:

Always for the Turkey or Italian sub at my local Deli though, good subs and good if I need a quick fix for food at short notice, can't beat a block away!

Toasted is always a huge plus but only at quiznos for me sadly

18. I used to think subway made the nicest sandwhichs in the world till I went on holiday to Turkey, by my apartments there was a little food van that looked really crap but my mate who'd been before said they did awesome chicken kebab sandwhichs.

I thought sound lets go give it a try so walked down a beautiful street about 30m away from the sea with the temperature at about 40 degrees. Bought a chicken kebab sandwich thing which was the equivalent of a footlong sub but cost me about £1.75 English money, I remember working it out, don't know what that is in dollars but a footlong sub over here works out at about £5.

So I got this kebab and it was seriously the best thing I ever tasted, it took a while to make but the Turk who was making it for me was sooo chill and was talking the whole time. I had on it all the salad he had, and also some of this special chilli powder stuff, mayonaise and a bunch of chillis. He even gave me a bunch of hand picked chillis for free, reddest, most awesome looking chilli's you'll ever see.

Man I wish I could go back to that place in Turkey it was like heaven lol, the weather, the view, the food, the people, the only thing it lacked was bud but this Scottish girl I was chilling with got offered it so I coulda even got that if I wanted it, but I declined cos Turkish police don't like the erb was the message I was getting haha.

But yeah, compared to subway this random Turkish kebab van thing was definately 100000x better in price and taste. what a dude haha

19. I did this too...mixed up stuffing, cut up turkey, baked mac n cheese, and some gravy in a big bowl, heated it up and made a couple sandwiches out of it. And it was amazing lol