The Official "Remember When" Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Old Stoner GTO, Jun 29, 2009.

1. remind me to give THIS FUCKEN HILARIOUS POST some rep when i can

i remember when i drew kate winslet naked on the titanic

2. [​IMG]

I remember when the 49ers were worth watching. :mad:

3. i remember growing up with the Cowboys-49er's rivalry. Emmitt Smith AND Jerry Rice on one field thats NOT an allstar game? yes! i guess aikman, irving, montana gets some credit too.

4. :hello:
    The Niners used to rock it. I miss them. :(
    [I mean it's not like the team died but damn, they might as well have.]

5. buying a tv guide to find out what was going to be on

those virtual pets

passing notes in class vs. txt messages

getting a meal supersized/king sized/biggie sized

juicy fruit/big red/double mint were only 25 cents

taking the path was a dollar

starbucks weren't at every corner

6. Microsoft BOB anyone?

• Like Like x 1
  7. #67 KaotikusNemesis, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
    I JUST HAD A FLASHBACK TO 1996/7. Ahem.

I wanna be, the very best
    Like no one ever was
    To catch them is my real test
    To train them is my cause...
    I will travel across the land
    Searching far and wide
    Each Pokémon, to understand
    The power that's inside....
    POKÉMON! GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!
    It's you and me, I know it's my destiny
    POKÉMON!
    Ooh, you're my best friend, in a world we must defend!
    POKÉMON!
    Ooh, a heart so truuue!
    Our courage will pull us through!
    You teach me and I'll teach you...
    POKÉÉÉMON!!!
    GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!
    Gotta catch 'em all...
    POKÉMON!

I still love the games, but I now hate that wretched show. But I fuckin' remember that song, man.

8. I remember the K.K.K. assassinations.
    JFK
    MLK
    RFK

Remember when quicksand was a universal enemy, on every western or sci-fi program? You don't see much quicksand rescue on TV any more...

Oh, god I sound like Andy Rooney! Please someone, get me a Harley Davidson, my hip is starting to slip...:D

I remember Farrah Fawcett as a preteen stimulus plan in my pants.

I remember when male body hair was considered attractive. No shit. You actually wanted chest hair, to impress the ladies.

I remember when any semblance of a moustache, no matter what age you were, could get you a 6 pack of beer at many convenience marts without any questions or IDs getting taken. Oh, how I miss pre Reagan America...so much less stress back then.

I remember when hiding under a desk was considered civil defense.

I remember the look on Nixon's face when he resigned. I still wanted to punch him, no matter how pathetic he acted.

I remember when you could get a pack of smokes and a gallon of gas with the same dollar. No shit.

I remember when, For 10 dollars, you could afford to see a drive-in movie, with a 6 pack of beer, and get a pack of cigarettes and still afford to get popcorn, and hot dogs. And a condom from the men's room vending machine! And gas to drive home!

I remember when computers were the size of houses and the speed of glaciers...advancing!

I remember the names of the demons of bad 70's decor, Naugahyde, Formica, and Linoleum.

I remember when all boobs were real.

I love the memory of those mammaries.

• Like Like x 1
  9. that would be fucking beautiful.

10. when my nintendo 64 got messed up and the little thing thatmade the game stay in there broke, so i had to shove another game in there to keep it down.. lol

the days where when something broke, we made it work somehow instead of buying a new one like we do now. haha. when i was 5 my brother popped my barbie's heads off so i used them as forks.. don't ask i was a wierd ass kid.

and kids incorporated, ftw. hahaha

11. What you talking about Willis? Dynomite! The A Team Miami Vice Dukes of Hazzards Chips Poorly dubbed Kung Fu movies Where's the Beef?

Rotary dial and information was free, Film for cameras, Velcro, Pong, Tab, Coke II, McRib multiple times. Microwaves were considered fancy.

12. i remember stirrup pants and oversized scrunchies.

i remember bonne bell lipgloss

i remember beating super mario world on snes over and over with my little sister

i remember braiding and beading friendship everythings

i remember lizards made out of pony beads!

i remember hearing about and seeing pictures of 90's ravers, and anti-ecstasy propaganda

i remember murphy brown, and roseanne, and mad about you

i remember caboodles

i remember fiending for pencil grips and bookmarks in the school store

i don't remember nearly as much as i should...that's for sure.

i remember singing to the grateful dead and jefferson airplane and simon and garfunkel in the car with my mom. :)

13. I remember strawberry THC tabs, Mescaline, MDA, and HASH OIL. ;)

I remember weed costing 20 bucks for five finger bag - and "O-Z." :( Oh for the good old days, LOL...

I remember being so messed up on Ludes that I drove up into my friends front yard, slid to a stop, and proceeded to open the door, then pass out right in the middle of said friends front yard.

I remember going to Shoneys in the Goat and having young ladies in short skirts and skates take and bring my order out to my car, just like Mel's in American Graffitti.

I remember American Graffitti.

I remember seeing the casualty list in Vietnam every night on our black and white TV.

I remember Wolfman Jack and the Midnight Special concert series. That was our que to sneak out of the house and all us guys meet up at our tree house.

I remember when rolling yards wasn't a felony.

I remember being in the first grade, and all the teachers started crying and moaning and groaning. All us students had to meet in the lunchroom, where they brought out this big-assed TV on stilts, which we turned on and learned that President Kennedy had been assasinated. However us first graders didn't quite understand what was up...

I remember when premium fuel for my first GTO, circa 1974 was 39 cents a gallon.

I remember when cars were CARS, and NOT SUV's and TRUCKS, LOL.

Damn, I remember more than I thought I did. :hello:

14. i remember my dad coming home from the "farmer's market" with a huge cola of freshly chopped bud and a bundle of sage to cleanse our brand new home.

15. Remember when " Gettin' Wasted", didn't create this much Waste?
    waste.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. - the dial up connection sound followed by AOL'S "welcome" and "you got mail"

-going to a music store that sold cd's/tapes and listing to samples of cd's for hours

-after school cartoons(Animaniacs, tale spin,gargoyles )

-the excitement of going to an arcade

-TRL ( if you know, you know)

17. I remember Bread and Milk trucks going thru the neighborhoods.
    TV's with Rabbit Ears.
    Layaway Plans
    Getting more for Less Money
    When the phone wasn't your property ( belonged to Phone Co,)
    Brylcreem, 4-Roses, Hi-Karate, and all that other foo foo crap.( Propaganda Advertising) lol.
    I like to look back, but I look forward,.. to keep making memories.

18. Remember when we could go to concerts?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Remember we could got to concerts without it costing an arm and leg?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I’ll see you and raise you -

Remember when we could go to concerts?”

j

• Like Like x 2