The Official "Remember When" Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Old Stoner GTO, Jun 29, 2009.

1. #21 NFloyd2357, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2009
    "remember when you were young, and you shown like the sun?"

anways, im young, so lets see what i remember...

I remember playing Nintendo Entertainment System all day long
    I remember blowing into the NES cartdridge for half of that day to play it
    I remember typing and playing games on a commadore64 (NO monitor, plugged into a TV)
    I remember my brother getting a brand new Packard Bell in 1995 with windows '95 and being amazed
    I remember having to talk to all my friends parents before my friends when I had to call them on house phones.
    I remember when our internet provider limited us to the amount of online minutes we could use.
    I remember distinctly the sound of my 56k dialing up.
    I remember the exact smell when i opened up my new N64 for Christmas... I spent the next 5 or so years playing it
    I remember new beavis and butthead episodes
    I remember watching and realizing how downhill MTV was going after that
    I remember when Disney Channel was the shit
    I remember when silver became the "new" in color for cars
    I remember when the yankees were the dominant force in sports in the 90s
    I remember when my cable box had the number pad right on top of the box
    I remember velcro-ing my shoes
    I remember when cracker jacks actually had peanuts in them
    I remember... what seems now like the good 'ol days:)

2. Remember when Bobby Bouchay showed up at half time and the muddogs won the bourbon bowl?

[​IMG]

Haha, man, i'm stoned.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I remember when Nirvana came along and changed EVERYTHING.

4. I remember snap bracelets.

I remember when Metallica was still good (pre-black album).

I remember new episodes of Full House.

I remember when Green Acres, Get Smart, Dragnet, and Mr. Ed came on "Nick at Night" on Nickelodeon.

I remember shows like Hey Dude, You Can't Say That On Television, Welcome Freshman, Salute Your Shorts, Rainbow Bright, Gummy Bears, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Care Bears, David the Gnome, The Lil' Bits, etc.

I remember watching the very first episode of The Simpsons, and have been a huge fan ever since.

Anyone remember "Jellies"?

I remember when "Nick Toons" came out, and consisted of Doug, Rugrats, and Ren & Stimpy.

SNIK ring a bell?

TGIF?

Haha... Ahhh... The good ol' days :D

5. when i was younger i lived for watching the cubs. good ol drunk harry carey attempting to call a game. mark grace, ryne sandburg, andre dawson, shawn dunston, greg maddux (before he got good). man i loved that cubs team..

6. hahahahahahahaha. epic.

7. I remember when the Lions were actually good at footba....

nvm.:cry:

8. All good ones, but this one brings back memories of being a kid staying up way too late and waking up on the couch to the Star Spangled Banner playing just before the test pattern came on :laughing:

9. yeah i remember this too!

dude.. i can't tell you how many times i woke up to that star spangled banner.. good shit!

10. LSD is still real if you know the right people :D

11. When the Yankees were a dynasty,
    Drinking or Smoking and driving wasnt any big thing as far as punishment w/ the law

12. #32 Rod Munch, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2009
    ...when they had those billboards that said:

" You think its dry now. Just wait until October." -sponsored by the DEA, US Border Patrol & Customs Enforcement.

Was in teh late '90s and early 2000's

13. i remember when trains had a caboose at the end of them

14. i remember when this was still a show.

[​IMG]

15. i remember that thread with the kid that hacked miley cirus's pictures!

also when swishers were a dollar even:(

16. jamming baseball cards in the original nes so it would play

17. Yes but not from the "real" producers that were responsible for almost all LSD production in the US around the late 90's early 2000's. It was a pair of guys that ran pretty much the whole SW and they happen to be relocating to a decommsioned missle silo that they had recently purchased i think maybe in Nebraska or NM, cant remember. But on their way there they got pulled over for something and had there U-hauls searched. What the officers found was enough material and supplies to make thousands of gallons of LSD. At that point in time and prolly to this day some of the strongest shit you could get. Anyone remember this?
    My freshman year of high school i was lucky enough to get some of this acid before they were caught and all supplies ran dry. This was by far the best shit ive ever had to this day and its been 10+ years. I tripped HARD for 12 hours and lightly tripped for the next 8-12 hours. The best feeling in my world was suddenly replaced by the worst feeling of all, the COMEDOWN! holy shit, me and my buddy had never been SO amped to find a bag of some nug that we trimmed b/c it had mold on it. I think me and my bud smoked a quarter tha day after. bowl after bowl just to try and set our head straight, and then finally passed out for about 4 hours.
    I had the fortunate times of taking this acid 6-7 times before i never ever saw it again. Yes i got acid again but it was NOT the same cid.

And yes this did happen again in 2007, somewhere around washington i think. But IMO if it was in fact their acid i was getting, this was nothing like what i was gettin in the past. not even close. :D

18. Pluto was a planet.

19. hell yea!! they used to show the actual cartoons of donald duck, goofy, mickey mouse and all the others :D

that was the shit!!!!!

20. remember when Mr. T had his own cereal
    [​IMG]

remember when sneak out to play late night games of hide n seek with the rest of the neighborhood kids
    remember when $10 of gas gets you further than the next gas station.