The Official Recipe Thread

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by DaleGribble, Jun 3, 2009.

1. #1 DaleGribble, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
    Ive been cruising this part of the forum for a while and its AWESOME.
    Why not get a bunch of foodies together (I saw you sneaking around talking about polenta and osso bucca, OSG! fancy pants)

Lets get together to make the ultimate list of stoner foods.

Two categories are to be expected, true cuisine, and STONER CUISINE. Both should be welcomed, but preface a recipe so we know which mindset to judge with (serious vs. ease and epicness)

Include Ingredients, directions, special notes, and a pic or 2 if you wish.

I"ll Start

Parmesan,Mushroom, Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Ingredients:
    -4 Skinless chicken breasts (1/person=4people at the table)
    -1 cup sliced mushrooms
    -garlic or garlic salt
    -1/2 cup of chopped onion
    -1 cup parmesan cheese
    -1 cup minced spinach
    -salt/pepper
    -breadcrumbs (homemade or bought ground, homemade looks nicer but bought are easier)
    -milk
    -flour
    -chicken broth

Instructions:

1. Prepare chicken:
    This chicken should look like a pita pocket when we're done. Get a sharp knife and slice carefully to create an opening for the stuff we're gonna put in there later.
    Make sure to make the pocket complete towards the back of the pocket, but dont let either side of your incision be thicker/thinner than the other.

2.Prepare filling:
    Take (diced) spinach and put it in the chicken pockets, use as much as you like, but dont put to much in or it will get slimy. A dash of olive oil to coat the inside skin of the chicken.

Add to the pockets: liberal amount of permesan cheese. The cheese will be the glue to hold the stuff on the inside together. Add garlic and onion to taste, salt and pepper to taste (and any other spices you might want to experiment with), a small amount of bread crumbs. Then add in thin slices of mushrooms but keep some for later.

3. Pre-Cooking:
    Close up the chickens, they should naturally be closed if you cut from the lateral, the side, way.
    Sprinkle parmesan cheese all over the top of the chicken,Then add slices of mushroom. Then sprinkle your bread crumbs all over the top as well. If your crumbs are homemade and course, or almost like crutons, thats fine, thats what they'll be after cooking.
    Again apply salt/pepper/seasonsing to taste, but go lightly, this stuff already has spices inside it.

4. Rue/Sauce
    Take your chicken broth and empty into large volume pan.
    Add 1 1/2 cups milk
    Add ~2 cups (Play around with this with slower increments)
    Stir VIGOROUSLY into a rue, a thicker sauce. The thickness will depend on how much flower is used. Keep this stirring.

Cooking:
    I usually bake this dish in a pan that has been oiled with vegetable oil. Preheat oven to 375, then set er in and watch. Drizzle some of the rue all over the breasts and around the bottom of the baking dish (not too much though). I can't remember how long it took me last time I made this, but it was something along 40 minutes. Just watch and use the pockets in the chicken to your advantage to check on done-ness.

[​IMG]

This is kinda what it will look like, just with bits of mushrooms and and my version would have noticeable crumbs covering it. I assure you, mine looks much better and the cross section cut is AMAZING>

2. Actually-- I don't think I put mine in the right place.. It's in nutrition & fitness. So I'ma post some of THOSE over HERE.

3. wooooo!!

4. ah, cool. I know when im blazed and find Diners Driveins and Dives on the tube, i jump in that kitchen.

Moderators:
    if this should be under nutrition, would you be kind enough to move it over there and merge with the old one?

5. Nah, I think you're spot-on with location, Dale!

Anything FoodNetwork is my faveskies on the boob tube.