The official Presidential debate discussion thread #1

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deutschbag, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Well its 2:30 in the morning and I have nothing else better to do then cruise the city and watch the debates.

So lets discuss while you watch.

The debates are finally here. This is one of the most important elections of all time and one of historic significance. In this election the debates could have much more effect on the votes then debates in the past. In 2004 Kerry won the debate according to polls and this did not equal into a win. I think this election will be different because of the mystery of both candidates. How will Obama present himself? Will McCain be able to keep his calm? Many people are wondering and watching.

2. McCain is definitely looking weak on the economy.

Obama seems to be more specific.

3. doesnt really matter. american elections are rigged.

4. Obama's plan for the economy is taxes... that's not a plan, that is thievery.

Funny how neither one mentions war spending, the easiest place to cut spending...

5. McCain just compared Ireland to America, talking about income tax on the rich saying that it creates jobs, because Ireland has a much lower income tax than America.

I think McCain hasn't done his research, Ireland just entered a recession.

McCain just killed any support I had for him with that statement, god he is dumb fuck on the economy.

6. Pretty sure he was talking about the business tax. Ireland has an 11% business tax and he said if you were a business and you had a choice to go anywhere in the world its obvious where you would go.

7. Now they are getting into it a bit, actually looking at each other and interjecting a bit. At first they wouldn't address each other lol.

8. That article is a year old.

Ireland is attached to the Euro, which is responsible for the housing bubble in Europe. The US dollar being the reserve currency of the world means everyone follows our lead.

9. #9 IGOTJOINTS4YA, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2008

it was hard for me to hear what kind of tax he was talking about, he kind of mumbled that part or I was hard to hear it. The point I am making is, Ireland is in a recession right now, so anything he trys to tell me about how businesses going to Ireland really kill the rest of his arguement for me, but I am still listening carefully.

To Aaronman, my point is, I resently heard on Fark that Ireland is entering a small depression, so when McCain tells me that we need to be more like Ireland really hurts his arguement for me.

10. Ya, I don't know. I think he was trying to make the point that Obama wants to increase the business tax and that that would scare away business.

11. a quote of truth

12. Obama said orgy......haha

sorry. had to say it.

13. This guys blinking is driving me insane

14. Well the point is he made the comment because he agrees with Irelands business practices, there business practices have lead them into a small depression.

15. Along with the rest of Europe...

16. You know they actually count those

17. Lets ignore Nobel Prize winner Hayek's statements in the midst of the First Great Depression:

18. Obama is struggling....it seems like he thought it would be a cake walk. McCain's ecominic knowledge isn't prolific, but he is dominating more aspects.

19. Haha, Obama got McCain on singing bomb bomb Iran.

20. McCain is really pushing the maverick approach.