The Official "President Obama is a Corporatist War Monger" Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Limecat, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Not much of a change then huh?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yep. It's hard work to create a good society.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not if you let it happen organically and voluntarily. Central planning and statism always fucks it up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. So that means I have the freedom to choose whether I pay rent to my landlord or not?

5. Of course not. what are you going on about? That is a voluntary transaction between you and your landlord.

6. nope. As a matter of fact, I'm forced to pay rent - because I have nowhere else to go. If I sleep in the park, I'll get evicted from the park. If I sleep on a bench, I'll get told by the cops to move. If I build myself a shed in the forest, I'll get fined for polluting the environment.

7. Thr transaction between you and your landlord is voluntary, the park, bench, cabin are government rules.

no im not drunk!

8. According to reuters;

Obama is such a whipping boy its pathetic..

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've always wonder this, how is Iran so bad?

-They overthrew the american dictator and nationalize the oil industry?
    -They took american hostages and then returned them?

Perhaps some sattire will deprogram you....

10. How so? It is my understanding that that only allows for the possibility of sanctions, if certain conditions aren't maintained/met.
    :smoke:

11. Are you guys talking politics, is this the right app am wondering!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. They have a political section on here, we are diverse, that's why I love GC, I finally found one I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. #1356 NasaJoe, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017

I know obama is out of office but i believe this is relevant here because if his statements are truthful this represents a shift in agenda between the two administrations.

14. Obama’s $400,000 Cantor Speech Makes Him Wall Street's Newest Fat Cat

When he was president he called them “fat cats,” but now he’s likely thanking them for a huge payday.

Former President Barack Obama, less than 100 days out of office, has agreed to speak at a Wall Street conference run by Cantor Fitzgerald LP, senior people at the firm confirm to FOX Business. His speaking fee will be $400,000, which is nearly twice as much as Hillary Clinton, his secretary of state, and the 2016 Democratic Party candidate, charged private businesses for such events.
    It’s also likely to be a source of criticism against the former president given Obama’s record of attacks against Wall Street bankers for making huge salaries while average Americans were suffering from the ravages of the 2008 financial crisis. Obama, a progressive Democrat, spoke frequently about Wall Street greed during his eight years as president, and now he’s accepting a speaking fee from the industry he singled out as the main culprit of the banking collapse.
    More:
    http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...t-fat-cat.html

15. Sheeeeit
    He's different and special
    So it's ok

16. But does that add to his being a corporatist war monger?

If he did nothing to enrich them, why is it even a point of contention?

:smoke:

17. There's always a stench of desperation in the air when this thread gets dug up.

Trump doesn't pay taxes? Woohoo, stick it to the man, beat the system!

Obama got paid $400,000 to speak? Way to cheat the system, Obummer.

Old shtick is old.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1