The Official "President Obama is a Corporatist War Monger" Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Limecat, Jun 9, 2011.

1. I just like that he keeps bumping my thread!

Keep posting up, I'll edit the first two posts to add information. Thanks.

:smoke:

2. #42 xmaspoo, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
    Oh that explains it, NATO. Guess the war in Afghanistan isn't our war either, NATO's there too.

I wonder how long till the ground invasion comes? But it'll still be NATO at the helm obviously, Obama would never sign our country on to another war with no end in sight :rolleyes:

3. So now that we agree that NATO has this bitch, why is Obama a corporatist war monger?

4. Somebody doesn't get sarcasm, but in any case:

[​IMG]

5. showing this thread to all my friends

6. I'm not one for hating people as it's generally destructive, but I do hate you. Maybe not personally, but everything that you represent. :(

7. Your friends.. you mean the CIA, FEDS and the gov.

right, right?

8. fuck, ive been found out :(

9. What?

So you don't believe NATO and all of it's member nations has no involvement with libya and other foreign affairs? That this is somehow all of Obama's fault and because of this he is a corporatist war monger?

Do you have a little brother or sister? Maybe you could flip through their 8th grade world history book? Ya know, to get a little idea of where we've been, what we've done?

No one here has connected a single relevant dot other than some random interweb article of accusations and outright slander of our nations President.

Corporatist war monger.

Please.

10. What could you have possibly imagined that I represent?

11. #51 Arteezy, Jun 10, 2011
    Putting your grammatical errors aside, the US is the most powerful country in NATO. Without the US's support, NATO wouldn't attack/invade/occupy any foreign nations.

This is just hilarious especially given how little time you clearly spend on your posts. How about I make it easy for you: give me a time period and I will give you the highlights of the US's whereabouts and accomplishments.

The president has no control over the CIA and the drone attacks in Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan, etc.
    The president has no control over the US military and their continued occupations of countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, etc.
    The president has no control over the "secret" prisons around the world that hold and sometimes torture people for indefinite period of times without trial.

Clearly, he's just a peace-loving hippie dove.

12. It's a matter of coincidence that america has found herself in such a strong military position it is in today. You wanna talk time period? How about December 7th 1941. Post WII landscape. War on communism. Cold war with USSR. Clearly because of our history we did not choose, America has found herself in a position of military superiority, one that NATO leans heavily on. Actually just today Def. Sec. Gates made a case about this fact to NATO.

So Obama is imprisoned by history. We all are. We all want the same goal. To just be a peace-loving hippie dove, but we disagree on how we are going to become one.

13. #53 Arteezy, Jun 10, 2011
    Every action (and inaction) involves a choice. It's not a matter of coincidence that the US has the strongest military in the world. WWII, the Cold War, and their outcomes weren't coincidences. Appeals to "Def. Sec. Gates" aren't convincing.

EDIT: Here's the short history lesson I promised:

WWII ended in the US bombing Japan with nuclear weapons killing over 150,000 innocent civilians.
    The Cold War with the USSR and the "War on communism" involved several wars and conflicts like the Korean War and Vietnam War where the US military killed tens of thousands of innocent civilians and thousands of conscripted Americans. There were many other smaller atrocities performed by the US and its military in this time period, but I'd rather focus on the larger ones.

The president has no control over the CIA and the drone attacks in Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan, etc.
    The president has no control over the US military and their continued occupations of countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, etc.
    The president has no control over the "secret" prisons around the world that hold and sometimes torture people for indefinite period of times without trial.
    War is peace.

14. #54 Green Wizard, Jun 10, 2011

You're right. Not coincidence, but consequence. Many unintended consequences of past actions. If we only had a time machine.

Not sure what you're driving at here, but I think I agree with you?

Edit to your edit:

So you're saying we are the bad guys?

15. I'm pretty sure the US intended to bomb Japan with nuclear weapons and sent troops to Korea and Vietnam knowing that innocent civilians would probably be killed if they attempted to attack certain "enemies".

I know you do. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous your views are to everyone else.

I'm not a bad guy. You might be, but I'm not.

16. So as a libertarian you are for the spread of communism? Consistent little devil aren't you?

Regarding our actions against Japan. The A-bomb attack was fucked up. Everybody knows it. We could have beat Japan without it, everybody now knows that too. What we didn't know was that one of the scientists working on the A-bomb would sell out to Russia starting an arms race, the CIA, and James "mother fucking" Bond.

Clearly you're in defensive dickhead mode and are typing keys out of your ass.

I got to go to work now. I'll holla' back at cha' later.:smoke:

17. This isn't black and white.

We nuked japan because it was obvious from the engagements that we had with them on the islands outside of japan that the Japanese people would fight to the death. They expected over 3 million American causalities assaulting the Japanese mainland. Also, the nuclear warheads killed a fraction of the people compared to the MILLIONS that died in firebombing Tokyo and other major cities.

I will say it's really ironic that Obama got a nobel peace prize. . .

18. As an American, you're for the murdering of innocent civilians which are nearly always a product of America's wars/military actions? Consistent little jingoist aren't you?

Clearly you're in full-on nationalist mode and are typing keys out of your ass. I gotta go smoke a bowl, go play basketball, and enjoy the little things. :wave:

The ends justify the means. War is peace.

19. Or you know, we could have let japan rape and pillage China, dig in consolidate their resources and try to kill our pacific fleet AGAIN.

"At times the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

War is an evil necessity at times. Should we have just ignored the Japanese?

20. as an observer and having read both of your muttering's, you are more in agreement then either of you think.:D

..but please avoid personal insults, it could derail your discussions which seems to have a very nasty side affect according to politicians...people will think about what you've said. :cool: