The Official Piece Cleaning Guide

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Floydian, May 27, 2008.

1. doesn't anybody smoke their resin? it seems like a waste of THC to me.
    what i like to do is simply heat up a knife and scrape. however, i have a metal bowl and this might not be a good method for glass pipes, as i chipped one doing that one time. if you DO have a metal bowl though, a knife heated with a lighter( you should have one =P) works wonders. then ball it up and let it dry. smoke it when you're out of weed!
    if you have a glass bowl or something else, a paper clip, which i believe was mentioned, works just as well.

2. dude i got a bong that looks just like that yesterday, except mine is a different color and it hold ice.

3. unless you own a bong with a printed label. anything abrasive fades the labels and they begin to chip and wash off. that fucking sucks imo. use non-abrasives.

4. good job man.. mmm keen to hit up a fresh clean pipe :smoke:

5. #165 IggyWiggyNokt, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009

was it a color changing piece? the resin buildup is what changes the color, so removing the resin starts the color change process over again. Iso/salt is the best way to clean a bong formula 420 smells good afterwards tho mmm...

6. awesome guide! i will use these simple steps to clean all my gear

7. I agree the iso/salt is a good way to clean glass, and I also use iso for brass (one-hitter) - but how can I clean out the whip (plastic tube) from my vape? I would think the iso would be bad for any kind of plastic? On the other hand, it does come in a plastic bottle!

8. Nah, iso wont harm plastic at all. Should be fine! I use the iso+salt trick on my bong as well. Works like a charm. Hot water is always supplemental.

9. What about jimmy rigged bongs made from mostly plastic and metallic pieces?:confused:
    Pen tube
    Waterbottle
    4/13 wrench peice
    glue stick tube
    ducktape
    ?????????????????

10. Try it. If it doesn't work. The most you will have to replace is the duct tape.

11. just toss it, and take the "4/13 wrench peice" (whatever that is), hit it with a shot of carb cleaner and stick it back in the tool box.

seriously, what you are describing is a temporary solution (and not a very good one) the more plastic is heat stressed it releases these very nasty chemicals. not too bad at first, but by the time it's too dirty to smoke from, you should be replacing the disposable parts and selecting another socket, or just get a real piece.

12. wicked thread. ive been wondering how to clean my pipe and make it look like new.

13. De Solv it look it up online best resin cleaner ever

14. i read through this whole 'Official" thread and there's not any instructions on how to remove hard water stains from wet pieces. doesn't make much of an 'official' guide if you ask me.

edit: so how can i officially remove those bastards?

15. If you're feeling really cheap, what I like to do is to run the tap till the water gets semi-hot, and start filling up my piece with water while holding the carb and mouth piece shut. I then shake around the piece trying to hold in as much water as possible, and then flush out the water via the mouth piece. A surprising amount of ash and junk gets out of the piece.

16. Thank you SO much for this! I have a bowl that's been dirty for quite a while, and this thread is exactly what I needed!

17. .clr.

18. Update:

Just got done throwing some Cascade, salt, and rubbing alcohol into a zip with my piece. It cleaned it thoroughly and perfectly! I am so surprised at how beautiful my bowl actually was, I almost forgot since I hadn't cleaned it in so long.

Thank you guys so much! This thread is great.

19. Throw it away and make a new one

20. I haven't read this whole thread, so I don't know if its been said, but:

If you are low on weed, or just like getting all you can from your stash, you should try the following:

1) Using the highest concentration of rubbing alcohol you can find, soak your piece. DO NOT add anything else to it at this point. If you have huge chunks of resin in there, you can go at it with a paperclip after its been soaking a little while. Get as much of the resin off as you can and into the alcohol.

2) Put the now resin-filled alcohol onto a plate, casserol dish, or some other large surface area to volume thing. Set up a fan and blow it over the dish.

3) Once it is completely dry (i'd give it 24 hours), you have some low quality, goopy hash (well, its basically just the resin, but now outside of your piece, and quite smokable :))

Anyway, that is how me and my friends cleaned our pieces back in the day.