Hockey The Official Nhl Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by ACole420, Oct 5, 2009.

1. S'co Rangers. Need something else to focus on other than football

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. Ovi killing it but why can't he save for the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vegas, baby!

been my favorite team to watch so far this season

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hockey starting to get good now, i like this part of the season. I follow the caps and the metropolitan division mostly. Got to be more than 3 or 4 hockey fans on this site. Glad they benched Holtby, and that Vrana looks fast too

• Like Like x 1
  5. I as well am a HUGE NJ Devils fan, born and raised in NJ.. my pops put skates on me at age 4, and after I could skate around the local rink at open sessions after a few months tossed me a hockey stick and signed me up for lessons. I LOVE hockey, although the game has gotten quicker, the players are all softer... I miss guys like Scott Stevens and Ken Daneyko laying guys out.. now EVERYTHING is a penalty..

Glad I found this post.. I hope the Devils can make the playoffs this year, it will be close, the game tonight will be huge (1st game vs the new Vegas Knights)... I love NJ as much as it is a corrupt policed-state with corrupt politicians, but one thing most of us can agree on is our love for the NJ Devils (unless you are a Rags fan or a Flyer fan in South Jersey).

I remember when I started club travel hockey back in 1991-1992, Daneyko came to our summer camp, got on the ice with a bunch of us 6-8 year olds, had no teeth, and was telling us about how to keep your head up and how to properly smash someone.. although we could not hit until PeeWees (12-13yrs old).. and even THAT has changed, as youth hockey players cannot hit until Bantams (roughly whatever age HS kids are as Freshmen/Sophomores).. because all the concussion situations going on. I took my wacks to the head, I think I turned out okay... :eek:

Hockey is awesome, I was going to say, back in 92 there were roughly no more than 14-15 travel club teams statewide, we had to go to NY, PA, MA, and other places to play skilled teams... now there are probably 100+ clubs, the sport has really watered down skill-wise, there is so much more emphasis on teamwork, which is great, but there are also a lot of kids playing nowadays that would have been cut in the first 10 minutes of a tryout held in 1995. And for HS hockey in NJ, it has almost quadrupled! We had 50'sh teams Statewide in the NJSIAA in 1995, I was too young then, but remember when our Public HS got it's team and watching as many games as I could.. I made Varsity as a Freshmen since I played club and was more experienced and skilled than a lot of the older kids.. I remember stealing one upper class-man's spot on the Varsity roster and how butt-soar he was for the remainder of HS... sorry Charlie, but he was garbage and thought he was making Varsity, nope.. my spot.

There are now close to 200 Varsity Programs in the state of NJ, both stats above and this including both Public and Private Schools... amazing! 50'sh to 190 something! I played HS from 99-00 to 02-03 and we had roughly 110 teams and they were re-aligning everything for less travel time, more rivalry matches, unlike Football and other sports, hockey was never grouped by the size of the school, which was pretty awesome, hockey is a tightly knit community, sort of cult type thing.. hard to find guys that played and love the game.. but when we do we stick together!

6. Only been watching heavy for couple years and I follow the choking Capitals I have the hockey package and that is all that is on my tv now definitely addicted to the sport . Flyer at Panthers fist today for me I like the Panthers and I will watch Vegas and the devils but they don't have nothing for the knights.

7. Hehe hockey's great. The Panthers are doing well but the Flyers sure could do the Devils a favor and beat them... unfortunately Philly never helps anyone, not even themselves. Either way with the "new" NHL point system both teams will probably tie, get 1 point, then someone will win in OT or a Shootout and get the 2nd point. It stinks because points for the playoff bubble are tight.. I'd rather see just one team win outright, should be a good game.

The Devils have been so hot and cold it's insane. They'll win 3-4 in a row, then drop 2-3 in a row. A win vs Vegas would be HUGE, but it depends if they show up to play. It will be a cool game, 1st time these two teams are playing one another. I still have my Inaugural Pin from when I went and watched the Devils play the Senators for the 1st time when Ottawa was a "new" team in the 90's (even though they had a team in the early NHL).

8. Be a good 3rd period

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oh yeah, I missed the 1st period, great 2nd.. without Taylor Hall the Devils would be in last place :p

10. Vegas has some shooters

• Like Like x 1
  11. I wish I had saved the original screenshots as I watch/stream a lot of games through my Laptop... had great resolution, now they are funky... from the 1st opening night game in Vegas after the shooting... amazing ceremony.. I hope they do well and go far, just not tonight :p

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Great 3rd period, awesome ending... ugh the Devils lose every game like this!

13. Vegas is tough devils should beat Canadiens tonight. I am going to watch that knights blue jacket game, caps play late don't think I will make much of that one

14. #18934 HT, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Flyers vs Penguins on this here Hockey night

tickets for this game are usually double what a standard regular season game will run ya, but it snowed today, just stopped a min ago, so I think thats why I'm seeing them for cheap. I kiiiiinda feel like I should go to this game now?

naaa I'll just sit here n drink beers n smoke weed n save my money for a game when the weather is nice ie PLAYOFF hockey yeah. fuck goin to this game. I'm forseeing a Flyers-Penguins playoff series this year so I'll just wait for that.

15. Probably right sure them Caps will. Choke again especially the way Holtby is playing

16. I dunno if its cause the Flyers play the Caps pretty well usually, but over these last few years I've never really associated "choke" to their L's. especially when the Penguins already have won multiple Cups recently... its kinda hard for me to say that Washington was ever really the true favorite to advance out of the East.

cause for me.... in hockey.....being the #1 seed only guarantees you home ice in the first round. nothing else. I do not look at it like if say a #1 seed in the NBA or NFL lost a few years running.

17. i can't say the last time the Caps made it out of the 2nd round.... 1998 smh

18. Only been watching couple years and they definitely choked last year. There goal tending sucks right now and so does there D and I do not think this is going to be the year they get out of the first round. Nashville looks like the strongest team right now to me

• Like Like x 1
  19. Losing to a better team is not choking. Pitt never trailed in the series....& then they went on to win the whole thing.

Not like y'all lost to the Leafs in the 1st round

20. well the Blue assholes just tied it up cause Tom Wilson is an ass