Hockey The Official Nhl Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by ACole420, Oct 5, 2009.

1. It's good to dream

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Having his rights and reaching a deal are two completely different things.

The rumor was Buffalo had a deal in the works for Stamkos prior to last year's draft, as did Calgary. You can probably imagine the names that came off those rosters in a trade for Stamkos.

There's realistically less than 5 teams that'll be offering max-term/max-salary and only 2 of those offers are really going to be taken seriously. Buffalo and Toronto. Really, I think it'll come down to whether Matthews & Marner or Eichel & Reinhart are more highly thought of by people close to Stamkos. With respect to the original post, I don't see Larkin and an aging/average Wings team being that appealing when the money is going to be the same no matter where he goes.

Just a thought. Let's wait till July.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Based off cap room? Young, talented skaters on the roster? Curious as to what makes you so confident he'd pick the Sabres over a team with a rich hockey history like the Red Wings.

Sure would love to see him in an Isles uniform but that'll never happen.

4. Never thought I'd say this because I was furious about this trade when it was made, but....thanks for Cal Clutterbuck.

5. Buffalo has been upping it's presentation as a hockey "mecca" for a few years now. Downtown is hosting tournaments and development camps year-round. Terry Pegula hasn't played around when it comes to making the city a hockey destination that trumps bigger markets where the game is concerned. With the draft coming this week I fully expect Pegula & Tim Murray to do anything and everything to steal the show. I think they've eyed Stamkos' ufa period as their moment to make the rest of the NHL say "holy shit, Buffalo?".

From Stamkos' perspective I think Buffalo's a lot further along in their rebuild, and probably a player away from competing for the playoffs again. Toronto is a few years away and still full of "ifs".

Just as a market, for as sexy as Toronto looks- it deters some players just because of the media pressure in the city. It's a tough place for a guy to live up to expectations. For Stamkos, I think it's going to come down to whether or not he really wants all that scrutiny, and if he's prepared not to have a private life anymore. Buffalo's an hour down the road, several million dollars goes a lot further here than any other nhl market (especially Canadian markets), and a hockey player can buy groceries or get a steak without getting bombarded with cameras.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong- but it would be sweet to call this before Pierre LeBrun did.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vinny Lecavalier officially announces his retirement.

7. Keith Yandle signs a 7yr/$44.5mil deal with the Panthers. Years 1-6 have a NTC and Year 7 has a limited NTC. Yandle probably replaces Brian Campbell as the overpaid defenseman for Florida.

Meanwhile, Arizona replaces the long-departed Keith Yandle by signing Alex Goligoski for 5yrs/$27.4mil.

8. How's no one posted how Vegas is getting a team?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. It's gonna be the site of my 1st Sabres road game. Really hoping recreational weed passes there in the next 18 months.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Picturing the crowd at these Vegas home games...its gonna be something else.

Like yeah gambling is happening at every game already, but I don't think that half or even haf a haf of the attendees have a wager on the outcome. This will most definitely be different in this case

Way to go Vegas. Killin it

• Like Like x 1
  11. Or people partying so hard they don't even realize they're at a hockey game and hurting to jump into the fights in ice haha.

Jk, will be interesting to see what happens with this franchise. Already 15,000 season tickets sold? Then again, how many of those are corporate seats?

doob's first indoor grow

12. Kind of surprised Lindros got in the HHoF before some of the other guys on the list.

13. PK Subban for Shea Weber, straight up. Nashville making some blockbuster moves lately.

Steven Stamkos re-ups with TB, 8yrs/$68mil.
    Columbus inks Seth Jones to an extension, 6yrs/$32.4mil, and buy out Fyodor Tyutin's contract.

Oilers trade former #1 pick Taylor Hall to NJ for Adam Larsson. Again, Edmonton making fucking TERRIBLE trades. 1-for-1 with Adam Larsson? GMs would easily give up a 1st and 2nd for this guy, maybe even 2 first-round picks, plus a player.

Looks like a bunch of teams are after Kyle Okposo and Matt Martin. Hope we can keep at least one of the two.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Edmonton must be drunk. What are they doing?! Unless it moves cap space to get someone else...?

Will be interesting to see Weber in Montreal and Subban in Nashville. I think Nashville will be better off with Subban because he adds more speed on the offensive defenseman side.

Crazy day!

``\_(^_-)_/``

15. #18775 thedavesiknow, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Larsson is a 24 year old defenseman who's been playing NHL hockey for 5 years. It's reasonable to expect him to peak in 3-4 years. Really underrated defenseman stuck boring teams into 2-1 defeats most nights in New Jersey.

I don't think the Oilers got cleaned out at all. I have no doubt they offered Hall (and a lot more) for Subban & Shattenkirk (and probably even Weber). This was about what Taylor Hall was worth. Look at Johansen for Jones- this isn't all that different.

16. You're trading a guy that was a top-3 pick who has an 80pt season on his resume playing for bad teams in Edmonton for a guy who was a first-round pick and who could be a top-4 defenseman on a good team. Still a loss for EDM even if they needed a quality d-man.

Speaking of stupid shit by Edmonton, how about replacing Taylor Hall with 7 years of Milan Lucic? 7yrs/$42mil. Also signed Jonas Gustavsson to a 1yr deal, $800k.

TBL extend Victor Hedman, 8yrs/$63mil.

Waving goodbye to KO and Frans Nielsen, our longest-tenured Isles players. Signed with Buffalo, 7yrs/$42mil, same as Lucic got from EDM. Was always a big fan but also I had long thought he would be a superstar...he's very good, but not at that level. Still, Isles are going to miss him. Frans was the fan favorite, a fantastic two-way player, who the Wings gave 6yrs/$31.5mil. Really wish we could have kept at least one of the two.

On the other hand, we replaced KO with Andrew Ladd, 7yrs/$38.5mil. Bad contract that would have been better served going to Okposo. I like the veteran leadership and playoff experience Ladd brings but he's a 40-50pt scorer at best these days and we gave him 7yrs. Also added Jason Chimera, 2yr/$4.5mil. IMO these are lateral moves at best.

Habs sign Al Montoya and bring back Alexander Radulov from the KHL, both are 1yr deals.

Brian Campbell back to Chicago, 1yr deal.

17. Excited to see Radulov back from the khl. Wonder if he's still got it.

``\_(^_-)_/``

18. What are the thoughts on Eichel this upcoming year? Keep improving and starting to put up consistent 70+ point seasons? I hope I don't regret taking him as one of my keepers for my dynasty league, and hopefully he gets some ice time with Okposo

19. A see talent that's a lot like Taylor Hall. Hopefully Eichel gets a little bigger over the next couple years. Last year the guy never took a big hit, and when Ryan O'Reilly was shut down (basically) for the season he looked good matched up against some good centers. Ryan Kesler shut him down, but that was about it. Buffalo took a super cautious approach with him early in the year, but he looked better when they just cut him loose with Sam Reinhart when teams were competing for playoff positions and both of those guys looked amazing.

I think about 65-70 points is reasonable this year if he can pretty much play every game again. I'd say 80+ is completely possible in 5 years.

From a fantasy perspective I guess it depends how your league is formatted. If he's costing you a first round pick I'd have to think about it but otherwise I'd give it at least another year. He went super early in a league I'm in and I'm trying to work out a trade for him: eichel (would cost me my first pick) for Kuznetsov/Panarin (both late picks I got lucky with).

20. #18780 Ryan Donnelly, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Well i had to pick 2 keepers off the team, and its a one time thing so not like i could pick 2 different keepers next year. My list was:

Eichel
    Getzlaf
    Forsberg
    Panarin
    Kucherov
    Burns
    Monahan
    Subban
    Lundqvist
    Crawford

I took Eichel and Subban. Was really tough to leave out Kucherov but i like the center over winger and like I said its dynasty so I feel like Eichel is a huge piece to have in the long run. Subban i think will kick ass in nashville with a much better offense around him and that chip on his shoulder. Is Eichel gonna be the first line center from here on out and on the first PP unit? i couldnt bring myself to keep forsberg being a caps fan hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum