Hockey The Official Nhl Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by ACole420, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Looks like this is gonna be a W and a Cup (FUUUUUUU) for the Pens.

Team that scores first has won every game in this series iirc.

2. S'co Sharks

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Donkeys and Penguins are champions. Tis a sad time

4. As a Raiders and Islanders fan.....AUUUUGH.

Honestly though, Pittsburgh's mid-season remake is as remarkable of one as I've ever seen in any sport.

That said, hurts to see Joe Thornton and Joe Pavelski have the tail end of their careers end on another sour note. Martin Jones was a lion all playoffs, surprised the hell out of me with his play. Valiant playoff effort by San Jose.

• Like Like x 1
  5. STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!! Crosby deserved the Conn Smythe even if his stat totals may not look that great. You could see he was the best player on the ice the entire series.

With that being said, I'm almost surprised Jones didn't win it. He was unbelievable all 6 games.

6. Congrats Pens. Jones made so many dam saves, but the better team won. Crosby showed his brillance once again...

Sent from my SM-T310 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. as much as i hate the Penguins, Crosby is at the top of his game and no longer a bitch.

8. Crosby for Conn Smythe? LOL. How about the goaltender? Or Kessel? Fuck Pens

• Like Like x 1
  9. Congrats to the Pens. Great turn around after a challenging start to the season. The sharks just got flat out overpowered in the finals by the better team.
    Crosby getting the Conn Smythe was a joke though. Murray as a rookie goaltender making huge saves at key times and being so calm and confident, Kessel putting up such great numbers on a new team in the playoffs or Jones being the only reason the sharks won two in the finals and we're even close should've been considered over Crosby.

doob's first indoor grow

10. I wouldn't have had a problem with it going to any of those 3. Murray played great but did have a couple sub-par performances and the Pens defense was so good he didn't have to have any outstanding games in the finals. Kessel had the most points but he wasn't always the best at back-checking and playing both sides of the ice. Crosby played an outstanding 200 foot game and was clearly the best player out there on pretty much every shift. I don't see how anybody that watched all the games would have a problem with Crosby winning it. It's not all about numbers. The intangibles matter too.

11. ^And did you notice how Thornton and Pavelski were pretty much shut down the entire finals? The Pens defense was definitely playing great, but a big reason they didn't do anything is because they were always trying to get the puck from Crosby.

12. the funniest part about all this is that after all that hand-wringing and sports-talk putdowns, Phil Kessel won a Stanley Cup before the Maple Leafs....in a year where zero Canadian teams made the playoffs.

• Like Like x 2
  13. He had an okay two way game. He did give the puck right to Thornton instead of getting it deep and Thornton got it to Ward who scored the tying goal in the game the sharks won in overtime. But then again Murray should have stopped that one. Still I think Murray's calmness and confidence even after letting in one or two questionable ones affected the pens more than Crosby did.

14. Lets go Flyers

15. Let's go Rangers

16. Let's go Islanders

17. Pavel Datsyuk leaving the NHL for the KHL. Rumors heating up now that the Red Wings are going to chase Steven Stamkos hard in FA.

A salute to one of the greatest puck-handlers to ever play in the NHL. Skill level was through the roof.

• Like Like x 3
  18. min2.png
    :love-m3j:

19. I'm still betting on Buffalo to have Stamkos' rights by draft day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app