Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. It's all about the Denver Nuggets son! Melo, Billups, Anderson, Martin.....great team.

2. Lakers won their 1st championship in 7 years.

Yankees won their 1st championship in 9 years.

Steelers, i'm getting tired of :D

3. haha yea...I lol'ed...
    dude you gotta respect great organizations...that's it

4. #104 pinacolaaadas, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
    Honestly i'm not impressed with his 3ppg and 17 rebs a game. Deng can do that every game while still having at least 15 points. What the bulls really need right now is a big man who can score, and has authority. Someone who isn't afraid to get aggressive in the paint and posterize some fools. Deng showed some of this against the bucks, and he was definitely the key to winning that game.

Pargo is solid coming off the bench, and can really get the bulls energy up when they are down a few points. I loved Salmons last year against the Celtics because he was such a great sidekick who opened up scoring opportunities for BG or Rose. Now with BG gone, Salmons seems lost to me the entire game.

This team definitely has some potential, but they are very young. If we were to hit gold and come up off of a vet big man, I think this team could definitely make it to the 2nd round PO's.

Anyone else disappointed with the Hornets? They have the premier point guard in the league, who can shoot 60% FGs, completely unselfish, and yet they don't have the talent to accompany him.

5. They need to go out and get him help asap. Steven Jackson is on the trade block and I wouldn't mind seeing him leave the Warriors.

6. Great game at Cleveland tonight. Rose and Hinrich played some really solid D tonight that kept LeBron from scoring in the paint. Miller also did a great job at keeping Shaq at bay.

Deng is really impressing me so far with his versatility. The guy can be a mad rebounding scorer that can easily hit 20 points a game, while at the same time being a great defender against players like LeBron. Very clutch by Joakim and Deng in the last few seconds of the game.

7. :smoking: Ya the Bulls are a tough team. Cleveland honestly is not as good as people have hyped them up to be. I said this before the season started, they need Lebron to score close to 40 every night to win. I remember discussing it with my dad before their season opener against Boston and asking him where they're gonna get scoring from when they play high scoring teams like the us or the Magic (we're die hard lakers but he's a semi band wagon shaq fan as many in L.A. are much to my chagrin). Anyways they had scoring issues last season and it was a problem they didn't fix in the off season. They should have went after Jefferson or even Vince carter cause they need more points. Mo Williams and an aging Shaq just aren't gonna cut it come playoff time.

8. the bulls get no respect.

I watched about half the game on TNT and all the commentators talked about is Lebron. Then on the ESPN.com highlights, they showed 1 shot by Derrick Rose, and the rest of the video was about Lebron.

And for the record, that 3 point play they gave him against Hinrich was total bs, he took like 4 steps. One commentator even called it out, and the other 2 guys said he's not living in reality or some shit.

Nonetheless, great win for the Bulls. Deng is coming on strong, and I like what I'm seeing from Salmons so far.

9. Good game, but the Bulls and Cavs are so irrelevant (championship wise) that it really doesn't even matter. Boston or Orlando is coming out of the East imo. Shaq is just about useless and they don't have enough weapons. As for the bulls, they don't really have anywhere near enough talent to make a deep playoff run...any team with some dominant big men can just roll over them.

10. how can you say that two playoff teams from last year are irrelevant to the playoffs this year?

11. Bynum is going to be out for a couple games with a sprained elbow and Gasol is still resting to come back, but I think Lakers repeat again. Not just because they're my team, but because I really think with a healthy team we can take it to any teams. (And for anybody doubting, Kobe Bryant is STILL the best player in the league. LeBron ain't even close yet.)

BUT, my second team is the Thunder and DON'T SLEEP ON THEM! KD, Westbrook and Green is a great three man combination to have on the floor and they also have a very good bench. I'm a very big KD fan and Thunder fan in general (always had a soft spot for SuperSonics) and expected a hard fought game against the Lakers a few nights ago and was definitely pleased. It came down to the last minute but KD just didn't have enough in the tank to make the big shots, or he just choked. However, that leads to...

Ron Artest. He did a great job on guarding KD after he got something like 18 in the first quarter. From then on, KD went on a cold streak and couldn't get hardly anything off. After watching a video of Artest's defense, he did a good job of staying with him but also more importantly leading him into Bynum who played excellent help D that night. And then the next night, Artest holds Ariza to something like 5/21 shooting and hit a clutch three (and credit to Ariza's answer) and shot well. I'm very happy with this trade, that is all :)

Onto Cleveland, they are slacking like I thought they would. A lot of teams get good years where they win a lot of games and go deep into the playoffs with a lack of talent and that's exactly what they did last year. This year, Shaq is not meshing in as well as they'd hope and isn't making much of an impact on the offensive side, leaving LeBron to carry the load and trying to win games ala Kobe 2005-2007 and are now 3-3 and 1-2 at home. Big difference from the team last year.

The Celtics are looking great and I'm expecting a Lakers vs Celtics rematch. All I'll say about that is I can't wait. I won't compliment those green bastards anymore than that.

12. he said irrelevant to winning the championship. i say bulls are 1 big trade or sign away from jumping in the conversation, not necessarily favorites, but in the mix.

13. celtics suckin cawk right now.

the question for them i think is gonna be longevity. how long in the season are thier old guys gonna last?

I like this Daniels very much. hopfully big baby will fill some holes when he returns

im really just being spoiled right now. i dont want to lose a game all season

14. Awww so much for not losing a game at home.

Exactly. They're good at full strength but that team breaks down and they're not getting any younger. Although the lakers are pretty banged up too.

15. Yeah yeah, they lost.

Sad.

16. Can't believe that nuggets lost against the heats.

17. Whats with everyone being surprised when good teams lose to other good teams? The heat are a good ball club man nothing wrong with that.

18. Celtics lost to a good team last night...no biggie. The whole season isnt going to be a cake walk for them. I think the tough eight day stretch might of had something to do with it.

19. UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSjJrW5PHsg]YouTube - Andre Iguodala Thunders Down the Lane[/ame]

20. Does anyone else think the refs in the nba are terrible? I think they have to much to do with the outcome of the game.