Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Feels good to beat Boston.

Also loving all the drama starting to come together before the trading deadline. Leonard wants out of SA? I don't buy that one. The Kevin Love thing is funny though. Did he really go home pretending to be sick?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cousins tears Achilles....fuck!

3. My fantasy season is fucked now

4. Isiah Canaan just suffered almost the exact same injury as Gordon Hayward on live tv on ESPN..

Fuuck. Wish I hadn't seen that.

5. It's a new trend to snap your own ankles, son.

6. By the way, wth is Larry Jr. going to do with that dunk contest? I'm going to guess he's going to try to leap over Lopez. Dude has no creative dunks.

7. Lakers get fined for tampering.

Magic made the following comment on Antetokounmpo

"Oh yeah," Johnson told ESPN when asked whether he saw parallels between Antetokounmpo's play and his. "With his ball-handling skills and his passing ability. He plays above the rim; I never could do that. But in his understanding of the game, his basketball IQ, his creativity of shots for his teammates ... that's where we [have the] same thing. Can bring it down, make a pass, make a play.

"I'm just happy he's starting in the All-Star Game because he deserves that. And he's going to be like an MVP, a champion. This dude, he's going to put Milwaukee on the map. And I think he's going to bring them a championship one day."

I don't get it :confused_2:

8. Lakers will probably waive Thomas.

9. If they were dumb

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Naw no point in waiving him, he's on a cheap expiring contract. They'll take a look if they wanna resign him next year or not

11. I'm just wondering how he'll fit in. Magic already made it clear Lonzo is our starting PG. Thomas coming off bench? There is already rumors this dude is talking about buyout if he isn't in a starter role. I guess we'll see how it plays out. Good luck to JC/Nance Jr. Make some noise out there in the boonies.

12. when and why did they nerf the skills challenge?

13. Dude took out Embiid before the biggest defensive possession of the game... immediately after he had just blocked Westbrook on the previous possession. What happens? Team LeBron gets a bucket in the paint over Draymond (Embiids sub)...game over

Fuck the hole NBA all star weekend . Ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass

14. Lillard with four clutch ass 3's to beat the lakers in the 4th quarter.

As a die hard laker fan, I do have to say he shows up when it's crunch time. Fuh.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Must destroy Denver tonight.

16. So strange seeing the Spurs closer to the 9 seed than 1 seed

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Considering they've had 50+ win seasons every year since '97 and made the playoffs every time since..

Very very strange. Kawhi is reportedly supposed to come back sometime this week, so we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wow, half of the Warriors squad is out tonight. Gotta get this one.

• Like Like x 1