Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. There's a storm goin' on outside no man is safe from.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I kinda really want to go to a game in Oklahoma City this year

How much are the cheap seats out there?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Survival of the fittest only the strongest survive

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anywhere from 15-40 for upper ones. Usually around 20. You can get dope seats for 70-100 for teams like the Suns, mavs, and heat. But now since we have melo and George the prices have gone up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. This excitement even for a preseason game never gets old. :jump:

6. #63806 HT, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Sixers will be in town at the end of January. and tickets are cheaper there than the ones between these two in Philly. 50 bucks minimum right now on stubhub in Philly. 15 in OKC.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Really depends on who they playing when they play teams like cavs or warriors it's more expensive

8. I believe the trade went through because IT was gonna get close to the max and they didn't want to pay that. In either case, the trade worked out for both teams really. I would definitely go with Kyrie if I was building a franchise over IT, but in all honesty, I would know neither are capable of leading a team past others in the conference.

I agree that IT's numbers will be lower, but not by much, Bradley I believe was the 2nd leading scorer on that team with around 18 ( I had him on my fantasy team, could of been 16ish). Wade off the bench would make the most sense with Rose basically having to play starting guard. JR would spread the floor much more than Wade.

On the topic of Love, I guess they had to limit him so much because of him being third fiddle. I expect Love to make a serious improvement this year on PPG and RPG. He will need to create much more now that KI is gone and I think LeBron and him realize that.

Love is a beast and in terms of an overall basketball player is much more well rounded that IT or KI. Although his defense isn't very good either lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. yes, but I figured with a perennial playoff team like the Thunder that every game would be at least 30 minimum, regardless of the opponent.

It's just very similar prices to those at the Barn, and we haven't made the playoffs in years. but.. I wouldn't be surprised if come game day those Sixers tickets are selling at a higher clip, due to both teams being on the uptick.

10. CP3 and Harden looking good together. I definitely think we have the edge to be 2nd in the west. I just dont see OKC or SA beating us in a series. Plus we will probably put up the 2nd/3rd best record this regular season.

11. I think rockets or wolves will be number 1 in the west since warriors are 0-2 it shows every other team they're beatable and gotta be a blow to the warriors confidence they face wolves again then kings which I expect them to beat but then opening up regular season with the rockets not the easiest of schedules for them

12. Preseason doesn't really mean anything, the starters didn't play more than 25 min a game. They still have the same roster as last year's team, still scary as hell lol. Rockets beat up on a Chinese team didn't they?

13. They played okc and shanghia sharks Yao Ming use to own them they play Knicks next the guy they got from China didn't play bad got some blocks and 3 on okc he barely has to jump to block the ball just have to keep him from fouling he wont replace capela but he has potential

14. Yeah they a dangerous roster but other west teams beefed up as well melo played good against rockets paul George not so much it'll be a great game when westbrook returns

15. Wolves are a playoff team no doubt. But 1st or 2nd seed in the West? I don't see it. Amazing starting line up, but not a great bench. I see Wolves hovering at the 3-4 spot.

16. GSW
    OKC
    SA
    HTown
    Portland
    Minny
    Denver
    Memphis
    -
    LAL

• Like Like x 1
  17. Damn knicks vs rockets was so one sided to the point New York fans were cheering for harden and cheered when zhou qi entered the game

• Like Like x 1
  18. I had no clue who this Donovan Mitchell guy was until last night. This guy dropped 26 on the Lakers. Looks legit.

19. Honestly, OKC looks really good on paper, but I'm not convinced they're the 2nd best team in the West.

They have no depth whatsoever.. Do you really expect Carmelo to play in every game this season? And on the defensive end if anything they got worse.

I'd say:

GSW
    SAS
    Houston
    OKC

..Are not only the top 4 best looking teams in the West but the entire league, in that order.

20. #63820 HT, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    I can't be convinced until I see it actually happen but when you got the 16-17 MVP and now two USA Olympians to run with I gotta factor that in on my predictions. I'm doing the same with the Celtics, Timberwolves, and 76ers.

The Spurs gonna Spurs and you know I respect the shit out of that approach. besides, yall don't always finish in the top couple for the regular season anyway. Pop knows there are more important goals