Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. #63081 HT, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    As a Knick though? Oalright

I liked his game for a bit. When he was a star with Phoenix (not the Knicks). Those injuries cut him down though, unfortunately. Without the goggles it would have been tough spotting him out there these last few years

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yea Stoudemire fell apart in the last 3 seasons. Not an ideal way to retire. Wish him luck though.

What you all think about Larry Sanders coming back? I honestly don't know much about him. Shot blocker?

3. Hey, Stat had one hell of a year as a Knick

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. I always remember Stoudamire from his days with the Suns.

They had an awesome team. I remember some great match ups against the Spurs around '03-'05.

• Like Like x 2
  5. How the fuck did tyler johnson get a $50 million deal

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Heat will use 6 of the 50 million to rebuild Tyler Johnson. They can rebuild him. They have the technology. They can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I like TJ. money aint even real anymore so I dont care about the number.

they didnt wanna give it to Wade so fuck it give it to somebody else

8. David Lee to Spurs.

9. I always wished the knicks held onto Lee a lil bit longer than they did.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm glad Westbrook and Harden bitched out on representing the US in Rio

Lowry and Barnes are just as good, if not better, for this team

11. You a T'wolves fan now?

• Like Like x 1
  12. #63092 HT, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    Yeah been a fan since they flipped Love for Wiggins. It was such a power move that instantly made the franchise relevant again. Then they draft an absolute stud in Towns. I'm real into what they're doing up there in Minnesota.

Forever and always a diehard 76ers fan, as well.

Levels.

• Like Like x 2
  13. T'wolves have always been my second favorite team just because I live close and go to their games.

They're in desperate need of a playoff appearance soon. 12 years is crazy. On the rise tho for sure.

14. Its gonna be great when Utah and Minnesota are both back in there consistently

I am hopeful one can get in there this season, but as usual it'll be tough to break through out West as I think Houstons gotta be better than they were last year, and Dallas added some players (Barnes, Bogut, Curry *wink*) as well that could keep them afloat one more year

15. Knicks coming for the crown.

They gonna have to wait another 12 years

#KnicksNation

Ice coffee is great. It's like hot coffee. ..but cold! -TeresaHC (INSTAGRAM: @STOOPKIDS.ART)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Studdy used to own Timmy Duncan in his prime, unbelievable how good Amare used to be. During that 05 WCF series he averaged like 40 pts and 10reb. One of the teams that should have won a ring but the spurs were hot and the suns had too many nagging injuries. They probably could have won it the next year but Studdy was out the whole year and they lost to the Mavs (4-2)...

Man I always wish Nash and Stud stayed together they were so good, if they could have kept that core alive of Joe Johnson, Nash, Studdy, Marion, Bell, Barbosa. One of the great teams to never win a ring

17. I wish nash had stayed in dallas with dirk, what a duo that was and my favorite team to watch back in the day

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. lol Timmy Duncan and the Spurs eliminated PHX from the playoffs in '03, '05, and '07 and went on to win the championship in each of those seasons.

Amare' put up crazy numbers in that '05 WCF series, I will give you that. But they ended up getting beat in 5 games by the Spurs. Timmy D was putting up 30 and 15 and went on to win his second finals MVP.

PHX was stacked during those years though. It was fun to watch those match up for sure. Amare was an offensive powerhouse in his prime, but he never owned Timmy. Maybe on individual possessions. It was always fun to watch that match up of athleticism vs fundamentals. Timmy is the reason why they could never get over that hump and move on to the finals though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Oh I know they lost 4-1, but the Suns were banged up while the Spurs were not, in fact that was probably the Spurs best weapon: health. I believe the Suns had a 7 man rotation dude, with bottom feeders coming off. Would have been a different picture in 06' when the Suns were hot without Amare the whole year! In 05' Duncan got roasted man, he couldn't stop Amare at all, in 03' Amare got roasted but I remember Studdy just being fed the rock nonstop, Duncan couldn't stop the P&R action of Nash/Amare.

I was just saying Amare in his prime was a beast, even had a couple good seasons with the Knicks before these last two years. He was the real deal, microfractures sucked the juice right out of his game.

One of my favorite things to do was watch those matchups, like you said, Athleticism v Fundamentals, a beautiful thing to watch

• Like Like x 2
  20. Here is Duncan just owning in 08' lol love it

• Like Like x 1