Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Supposedly Russ wants to re-sign with OKC now? Maybe Blake Griffin to OKC? Would be interesting.

2. Honestly, Thunder could still have a very good team next season.

3. Yeah but they won't be able to beat the Warriors in a 7 game series so who cares

The Spurs need to take a quick step foward somehow after losing the franchise player. Everybody has to have that mentality from Leonard and LA to Simmons and Slow Mo and they'll have a chance

4. They have way more reliable bench than GS and their defense might take a step back from their record breaking season last year, but they'll still have the best defense in the NBA by far.

We're just going to have to find ways to compete with all that scoring that GS has. Kawhi will have to have another MVP caliber season on both ends of the court. LA and Pau make for a solid front court. Both can rebound and shoot the mid range. We lose some defense losing Timmy, but we gain some scoring in Pau.. Danny Green needs to find his stroke again, he's out there primarily as a perimeter defender. Kyle Anderson, Patty Mills and J.Simmons will provide sparks off the bench. Excited and nervous at the same time for our future. I see Dejounte Murray being a huge piece to our puzzle, not this year but starting next season he'll get some serious minutes.

5. Yeah I keep thinking you throw Kawhi on KD, couple of options to put Klay, you got the frontcourt to combat Dray and whoever at C. Its just Curry who I see having a real advantage out there as far as the 1-vs-1 matchups go.

Its gonna be fun

• Like Like x 1
  6. #KnicksNation

Ice coffee is great. It's like hot coffee. ..but cold! -TeresaHC

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Already plotting my draft picks....

I'm going for throats this season

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. #63070 Ẅest Čoast, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Apparently Lakers are no longer interested in Westbrook and are looking at another 'Unnamed young star'

A young star whose contract will be in the range of $13 mil?? I'm guessing a player with an expiring contract?

Who the fuck are they looking at? :huh:

Some names that fit the bill:
    Rudy Gay
    Ibaka
    Tyreke Evans
    Jrue Holiday
    Zbo

11. Spurs reportedly interested in Greg Monroe.. Not sure how we'd make that happen though.

Seems a little unrealistic to me.

Anyways, NBA had scheduled 2017 All-Star game in Charlotte and today decided to dip out. lol lot's of angry fans... They will announce a new location in a couple weeks I guess.

12. Zbo's a young star?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. The word "young" was initially used in the first article. But it's all speculations. It might be an aging star. I'm just going by the players with expiring contract in the 13mil range.

14. They moved it to New Orleans.

Good on the NBA for taking a stand.

Ice coffee is great. It's like hot coffee. ..but cold! -TeresaHC

• Like Like x 1
  15. Im kinda pissed they moved it. A bill didnt pass for some gays,lets act like that has everything to do with basketball and shun the whole state. Get the fuck out

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah I see both sides.

17. I might get the season pass for the Knicks, just to watch Jo and Rose lol.

But on the real, how decent does Philly look this year? I mean compared to the last couple years...obviously

Jerryd Bayless, Elton Brand, Gerald Henderson, and Carl Landry are pretty solid and are savvy veterans, good locker room players too.

While they also low-key got Embiid, Noel, Okafor, Simmons, Luwawu, Grant, Saric, and Hollis-Thompson?

I mean they will be pretty good if they stay together. Embiid and Okafor can straight crush teams on the inside while embiid and Noel can savagely block anything in the paint. I hope those 2 can stay healthy, would love to see the Twin Towers 2.0

• Like Like x 2
  18. Been reppin this Sixers hat for years now, so you can imagine the sort of comments / discussions that have come with that over the last few years.................its just recently flipped to a positive conversation.............it feels good

I am 100% going to the home opener

• Like Like x 2
  19. #63079 Ẅest Čoast, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    J.R. Swish to Lakers? Nick Young to Cavs?

20. Stoudemire retires.