The Official: "I Want To Golf Now" Thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Liquidtruth, Mar 16, 2007.

1. It is March 16, there is still snow on the ground, though it seems to be melting fast (that can change and probably will). Generally, however, we are unable to golf where I live until after April. I am sick of it! I am tempted to go and spend the $21 for an hour either at the Golf Dome's driving range, or on one of their simulators. The Golf itch normally hits me hard this time of year, winter has felt unbearably long and I cannot wait to go out and hit the course.

I WANT TO GOLF NOW!

Anyone else feel the same way? I am sure some of you lucky ones are able to go and golf right now. Wish I was there, where ever that might be. :p

2. #2 Floydian, Mar 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Never golfed in my life... yet this thread is giving me a strange urge to golf... now.

God damn... now I want to golf.. NOW!!

I will /exit this thread with a Hedburg quote;

3. I tried to golf once, bless the men with the patience for that game. I hit a lot of dirt though.

4. i suck so bad at golf it's not even funny. never shot less than 115. But i love it still, cause there's always 1 or 2 SICK shots that i hit every round. Just when i'm pissed to the point of packing it in, i'll hit it to 6 inches from 80 yards out, or hole it out of the bunker, and i'm ready to rock again.

We can play golf here, as it's texas and there's a state law against snow. The weather being like it is makes me wish to Jesus i didn't have to do work on my motorcycle to get it running again (damn you, winter storage!). That's what i want to do, like now. go ride.

5. tuesday it was about 70 out so me and my dad met up to golf.

even though both of us grew up in detroit we both get out and golf a lot when we get the opportunity.

its a great game to play high, sooo relaxing. it can really do wonders curing any stress.

6. I'm up for a round of frisbee golf. I'm not sure if there are any courses here, but there were some beautiful courses in Michigan. I liked the Kensington course, so many spots to chill and smoke.

7. Well if you do go golfing I hope you enjoy it. :)

I hit a lot of dirt sometimes too, though I have gotten better. I do not know if you enjoyed the game enough to spend some time with it, but I am sure you would improve. Women, generally, make good golfers. They may not hit as far, but they are normally hitting straight. At least from what I have seen and heard.

My lowest round ever was 105. It sucks I know, but I have only golfed for two seasons (which are pretty short, both weather and money wise. I can't golf as much as I would like to)... So I am giving myself some time. I have such shitty score mainly because I am hitting out of bounds or into a hazard. lol, if it wasn't for that I'd be pretty good. :p lol, I am sure many people can say the same thing, though. I just have to remember not to use my driver, since all I seem to do is slice with it. I'm pretty good with my 3-iron, so that replaces my driver. Of course, my distance suffers because of that.

When you get those good shots it is really almost like a drug, and it does make you want to keep at it.

Glad to hear you got to go and golf. The game is great when high, and a golf course is a great place to get high. Especially when not many people are out and it is like you have the whole place to yourself. Very serene, very peaceful.

I have never played frisbee golf, what is it like?

8. well it plays pretty much like golf, but with frisbees. You have several discs of varying weights that are good for drivers or putting. You move through the course, scoring on chain goals that look like this
    [​IMG]

good courses have plenty of hills and trees that serve as obstacles. This was the course that I played at:
    http://www.hereandthere.com/DiscGolf_New/Michigan/KensingtonMetroPark/hole1.htm
    It was much nicer place than the pictures portray. No one really took the game too seriously or took score, it was just an excuse to do a little smoking in nature. People would drag picnic tables to secluded areas along the course to stop and toke. You could usually find someone selling there if you didn't have any too.

9. I have already had the pleasure to golf this season :D

it was in the high 70's over the week and the courses opened. Granted it is real cold again this weekend, i got a taste.

Hopefully itll warm up soon for ya man :smoke:

10. Golf is pretty fun, actually. I only play 2 or 3 times a year, but I enjoy it every time. The weather here is pretty nice so I guess I should find time to play soon.

11. Holy Shit! I just found out that Hedburg is dead. What a bloody shock, that guy was fucking hilarious. RIP indeed, I hope he has found peace.

Palmer, frisbee golf sounds interesting, I think I'll look into it. But, I doubt it will be able to replace my love for Golf.

Tokin, I am glad you got a taste of it! And thanks for the wishing on behalf of my golfing. :)

Shalom Salaam, golf is awesome. Even though you do not play often, I am happy to hear that you do enjoy it when you do. If the weather is truly nice where you are then go and golf, for me if nothing else. :p

12. Sorry for the double-posting bump, but... I REALLY want to golf now. Damn Winter. :(

13. I'v golfed once in my life in america and ever since i wanted to golf so fucking bad, that feeling when you hit the ball right, my dick grows an inch every time i hit the ball full power.

14. lol! :D

Golf is a cruel mistress, but, when you get on the course and stare it down and then unleash your swing, connect perfectly, and watch the result of your beautiful shot... Damn, not much compares to it. It can get you out there time and time again, no matter how much you suck between the good shots. :)

15. Golfing is lame. enough said :)

16. Holy cow, now I really wanna hit the lynx! I love hittin' it while stonin' but I'll score a lot worse cuz I can't pay attention lol but on the other hand a perfect beer buzz gets the game out of your head so you can just swing away, so to speak.

17. Well, thanks for sharing. :)

lol, drinking beer is playing Golf on Extreme-I'll-Stab-You-With-A-Knife-Several-Times mode. :)

18. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbSRCjG-VLk]GEORGE CARLIN on Homelessness and Golf - YouTube[/ame]

19. Or creating it.

They hit it straight because they don't hit as far.