The official 'I did something nice for someone today' thread

Discussion in 'General' started by spikeystud88, Aug 12, 2010.

1. #1 spikeystud88, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
    So today I get off work, and as I'm walking into my apartment I see these 2 hispanic guys doing the lawn work (mowing, weedeating, blowing, all that). Well I live in central Texas, and its like 105 fucking degrees right now. These dudes are wearing long pants and sleeves (so they dont get hit by debri), but it's obvious they're sweating their asses off. So I go inside, get settled and stuff...but I just keep thinking about those dudes. So on my way to check the mail I take 2 bottles of water with me. I gave them to both dudes, and I was blown away by their responses. The first guy just looked at me, smiled real big, and took the water and said "thank you sir" in somewhat broken english. It kills me inside that he called me sir, because I'm sure he's used to calling every white person he sees 'sir' even though he's a good 20 years older than me. The second guy takes his sunglasses off, grabs my hand and looks me in the eye and says "thank you so much my friend". The look on his face was priceless - I could tell he truly appreciated the water. I tell them both that I appreciate what they're doing, shake their hands again, and I go on my way.

Fast forward 20 minutes to right now - those dudes are enjoying some cold water, and I'm feeling like a million bucks for helping them out. I've done stuff like this in the past, but the feeling of doing something good never ever gets old. It really is the most rewarding feeling there is.

Now I'm not posting this to brag - I'm posting this because I think we should ALL do something nice for someone else, at least once a day. I wanted to share this story with you to prove that doing something nice for someone else can be one of the most rewarding things of all time...because there really is nothing that beats knowing that YOU helped someone else.

So I challenge each and every one of you blades to do something nice and post up in this thread. I'm hoping that posting/reading the stories will encourage others, and give them ideas on how they can help others too.

Something as simple as holding a door open a little longer than you normally would because an old lady is coming...or giving someone at work a ride home because you know their car is broken. There's always something you could do to brighten someone's day.

Now get to it!

2. #2 LegitBaller, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2010
    some guy was walkin into this store i was in today and his hands were full so i opened the door for the guy n he thanked me.
    I remember way back in the day i opened the door for a guy in a wheelchair and he gave me 10 bucks. I of course declined but he insisted I take the money and from the looks of what he had in his wallet, he wasnt really missin the 10 dollars. So in true stoner fashion i go home n got high with the free 10
    p.s. no need to rep me, i did it for the love of my brothers n sisters. we all in this bitch together

3. Today I let one of my best friends adopt one of my cats because little "Swisher" needed a home. Almost smoked hella bud with my friends. Also took my dealer's girl to the DMV so she could renew her license and to walmart to get food for her and her kid. Not very much, but eh it made me happy. DOPAMINE! The reward neurotransmitter :hello:

4. I was at the store, an I held the door for some old guy. That's my good deed for the year.

5. i was working in a small enclosed room with another guy when all the sudden i felt the urge to drop a humid nuclear bomb fart. instead of making the guy suffer i went outside and let it off.

6. Good stuff man, gonna rep u after this.
    I will do stuff like that sometimes when i come across the opportunity.
    Well today all I can think of is I held a door open for a guy at the hardware store, I make sure I always do this, no matter who it is. I also always make sure to say please and thanks to people, even if I'm just buying something little at a store or something. It makers me and them feel good so why not.

7. Well for today its nothing like your story man, good work that was s00per nice.
    I work in the Pizzahut Callcentre in Australia, HA! Well anyway a lady ordered two large pizzas and a garlic bread which came to $33.85.
    I told her if she gets a drink it will be 90 cents cheaper, oooo yeah :cool:

8. got to share some incredible music with friends. =)

9. once i was ridin' around smoking and we drove past this house, and in the yard there was a squirrel with its head stuck in a bottle. i made my friend stop the car, i got out, and helped the squirrel. when i got the bottle off, he stood there for a second and looked at me, and just ran off.