The Official Heat Island Log Vaporizer Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by BigDaddyVapor, May 19, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

My new HI. Just got shipped today. 

Made from ebony, went with the stainless steel heater cover over the glass one because of my love for Alan's roasting tubes. Also got my new CentiZen mini vvps to use with this bad boy when it gets here. Can't wait!

2. Wow! She's a beauty, but I've always been partial to the dark woods. Those and anything with a striking grain.

Nice to see you got the matching cap. I went capless (obviously)... but would have got one, if he had the matching piece (I don't think he did).

Would love to see some more activity here with the HI. Its an awesome unit, Alan is a great guy and he stands behind his products.

3. My name should be coming up soon. Hopefully. 

4. My HI always heated up in about 6 to 10 minutes...my new one probably a bit faster. What are you talking about?

5. I've heard from other owners on the fc forum it takes quite some time to get to operating temp, if that's false then that's great. Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #66 BigDaddyVapor, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    I really don't appreciate you bringing that unsafe, piece of shit quality, idiot manufacturer that doesn't know a thing about his vapes, other than he out-sources his work, then he puts it together.

E-nano, isn't in the same category with the HI. The maker, is flat-out a LIAR and a CROOK.

Make your own thread.

7. [quote name="BigDaddyVapor" post="19465143" timestamp="1391544598"]I really don't appreciate you bringing that unsafe, piece of shit quality, idiot manufacturer that doesn't know a thing about his vapes, other than he out-sources his work, then he puts it together.E-nano, isn't in the same category with the HI. The maker, is flat-out a LIAR and a CROOK.Make your own thread.[/quote]What exactly did he do? I'm just speaking from my own experience dude no need to slam me for sharing my opinion. The owner of the e-nano has been nothing but cool to me so I'm sorry you feel differently.Maybe educate me as to why its such a inferior vape? The owner is very active on fc forum and is willing to answer questions people have presented about his vaporizer and doesn't seem crooked in his responses in my opinion. I'm not knocking the HI man that's what i originally wanted but after being on the list and looking at other options i chose the other, once my name comes up I'll probably purchase a HI. Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Let's get something straight. I didn't slam you, nor say anything about you. This isn't a thread about the e-nano, nor compatible models. It's about the Heat Island. You said, you did your homework. If you did... you would know why the e-nano is unsafe. It's a 120vac unit, not built with safety in mind, for 120vac. The HI is a 12v unit. Big difference.

He also makes all kinds of claims about his unit, that have repeatedly been proven false. All those claims he makes, about the advantages his log has over others... lies. The electrical integrity of his circuit and its safety... lies. Sure, he comes off as a great guy. Most liars do.

I am not going to rehash something, I know for a fact two engineers ripped apart and said it's a POS. If you're happy with it, great... start your own e- nano appreciation thread. Nothing personal.

9. [quote name="BigDaddyVapor" post="19465302" timestamp="1391546182"]Let's get something straight. I didn't slam you, nor say anything about you. This isn't a thread about the e-nano, nor compatible models. It's about the Heat Island. You said, you did your homework. If you did... you would know why the e-nano is unsafe. It's a 120vac unit, not built with safety in mind, for 120vac. The HI is a 12v unit. Big difference.He also makes all kinds of claims about his unit, that have repeatedly been proven false. All those claims he makes, about the advantages his log has over others... lies. The electrical integrity of his circuit and its safety... lies. Sure, he comes off as a great guy. Most liars do.I am not going to rehash something, I know for a fact two engineers ripped apart and said it's a POS. If you're happy with it, great... start your own e- nano appreciation thread. Nothing personal.[/quote]Where can i find the info regarding the safety issues? Was it in the fc thread? I know the question about the electrical safety came up but i was pretty sure that was cleared up. I'm not defending anyone dude, if there are issues with it I'd truly like to know where to find the info so i can educate myself. I'm no vaporizer expert or engineer so all this is news to me. As for making my own thread for the e-nano i have. But no one came into that thread sharing this info so now that someone is, I'm curious. Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Yes, its in that thread. Sorry, that I can't help you where it is. I'd say, search my username and somewhere around my last posts. Funny thing is, what I was accused of... one of the mods blatantly does... later on.

He's been questioned several times about the materials he uses. He's proven ignorant of them several times. He's made claims that aren't possible. He's bad-mouthed other products, to make his look better.

As I previously noted... I know two engineers that ripped that thing apart and both said, no way in Hell would they ever use it.

But, let's please get back on topic. This thread isn't about a versus, what's better, other options. Its about the HI. I'm pretty sure there's an e-nano thread here, though I've never sought it out.

11. I actually went through the E-Nano vs HI decision. Went with the HI because of Alan's engineering drive. He's updated the HI numerous times since he first made it, is the only log on the market that offers glass cores, always has a WIDE range of woods on hand, and is constantly making new accessories. 

That and he doesn't overcharge one bit. 

Furthermore, Alan is extremely nice and has incredible customer service. He always responds to emails in detail and if you have a question, he will write you an incredible response with all the info you need.

The HI heats up fast, has an incredible air flow, is versatile, and is ever improving.

12. To be honest I ruled the enano out completely after doing a little research on log vapes. It made the choice easy for my first one since underdog was basically all I could get then. The day that I can have an HI and my underdog side by side will be a great day. 

13. You can heat the HI up in 3 minutes, if you crank it up to 13 volts. That's from Alan himself. He said, don't operate it at that voltage... but you can heat it up fast, if you want to.

I've done it a couple of times, it works... but I'm just not in that big of a hurry. Plus, when I have herb... its on 24/7.

14. @[member="BigDaddyVapor"]

I just got a mini-vvps from CentiZen. I was wondering what voltages you like to run the HI at?

15. My two HIs run at different temps. My original, Sumac... which is just making the scale, as a "hardwood" runs on very little voltage. It's a cannon, producing good vapor at 11.3... I go any higher and I have to start worrying about combustion.

With the Walnut, which is a harder wood and also has all the wormholes... it won't even start to produce vapor until about 11.3 and really wants to run around 12.2.

Keep in mind, this was all done with my particular style and setup in mind. My goal, was to recreate that ripping a bongload/snapper. One of the things I miss about combustion. So this is using the silicone turbo tube, with the depth of the screen set about 1/2" deep and just about a 1/4"+ of herb.

The standard non-adjustable unit that Alan provides, runs just over 12v... and that one will easily combust... so anything under that, is just tailoring to taste, or med preference.

16. Got my new HI today and matched it with CentiZen's mini VVPS. 

WOW. I can't believe how awesome this thing is. The taste is off the charts as is the efficiency. This was EXACTLY what I was hoping for.

The 10.8-11.5 range is giving me the efficiency the PD used to with better taste. I'm in love. My first bloodwood one was good with a standard 12V plug but this is just a different ball park.

Tom is sending me a brand new PD.   Ooops..............this is the HI thread.  :bolt:

Damn, I wish I had the funds to buy new vapes.    The HI would be high on my list.

18. @[member="lwien"] Aw man that's great to hear. I'm sure they know if they ever came back with the PD they'd have a returning customer base. They did have a great product. 

But yes the HI is pretty incredible so far.

19. #79 lwien, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014

I just got the following from Pammy:
    --------------------------------------------
    Hey....

How are you doing?    Hope that you've been doing pretty good.    

Sorry it's taken us a while to mail the PD out to you, but we've been cash-shy and been really busy with the house stuff.

Hope that you enjoy the new PD.    We both tried to pick out the prettiest one we had left.

All the best,
    Pammy & Tom
    -----------------------------------------------

I really kind of feeling honored by this.    They're just gifting it to me.

But logs have evolved over the years with the Nano, the Underdog and the Hi.   But I'm gonna treasure the PD.    It's like a part of vapor history and while the Ettera really started the whole log vape off, it was the PD that really cemented the log type vape in the vaporizer market.   In that way, it's kind of iconic.    What's also true though is that I still think it may be king in the efficiency department.

The HI though is one sweet vape and it seems that it can wear more than just one hat in regards to what vaporizers can do.