The Official Ghost Experience Thread: Share Some Terrifying Tales

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mr Stoned, Sep 9, 2009.

1. #1 Mr Stoned, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
    Well first and foremost, everyone has something that terrifies them beyond rational explanation, we call this a phobia. Some phobias are fairly rational, such as spiders and heights, but others, such as oranges and henry hoovers, are not. My phobia would be classified as irrational, as many people do not even believe in the existance of what scares me the most. But regardless, the thought of ghosts sends shivers down my spine and if I had the 6th Sense, or the ability to see these echoes of death, then I would no longer have the will to live. This spans from my first experience with these things.

I was 6 years old and visiting a castle in rural England the day after my aunts wedding. Me and my dad had a tour guide round the castle but as a young boy, I found it boring and ventured off to explore the castle by myself. I left the room where everyone was, which was some sowing laboratory, and walked into this corridor. Now the corridor was fucking creepy, like seriously creepy. I got chills as soon as I entered it and could sense there was someone, or something, in there with me. There were some steps at the end of the corridor that were steeped in shadow and the cold seemed to be emnating from them. It was in this moment, standing there as a young boy clinging close to the stone walls, that I glimpsed a shadow on the floor. It was the shadow that one would make standing against the sun, which didn't make sense as I was standing in a castle corridor with lantern style lighting. The shadow then started moving on its own accord, mimicking the movements of a man that simply was not there, in a motion taking it towards the steps. I watched, frozen in horror as the shadow lingered at the top of the steps, then tumbled down them and finally lay still at the bottom, where it did not move. I hurried back into the main room to find the tour guide sweeping everybody into the corridor where I was previously standing. What the tour guide said next haunted me for the rest of my life. He gestured towards the stairs and said, in the most collected monotone voice imaginable, 'and this was where Lord Winterbourne, in his drunken fury, threw one of his manservants down the stairs, effectively breaking the poor mans neck, killing him.' I attribute my fear of ghosts to this moment, as I have no doubt at all that I saw one and it has haunted me ever since.

Another time, last Summer, I stayed over at my friend Jacky's (fake name for obvious reasons) house. I've stayed over at his house a fair few times and never had a bad experience. However, it is important to note that the only bad experience I had was the one and only time I slept in his lounge, as opposed to his conservatory where I usually slept. But one morning, after a heavy smoke I woke up to see a woman standing over me. She was very bright, like there was light shining fron her. She looked about 40 years old with blonde hair and was clearly attractive. What struck me about her, along wirth the insane rush of terror and heartpounding fear, was how sad she looked. It's rare to see someone that hurt, but she looked as if she'd lost everything and literally had everything she ever cared about ripped from her arms. There were tears falling down her cheeks and she looked at me with these despairing eyes that asked the question 'how could you do this to me?' She was there for no more than two seconds and when I blinked she was gone. I convinced myself that I was still half asleep, and still hold to that explanation because I havent had any other similar experiences at Jacky's house. I had a heavy smoke the night before and was still half asleep and extremely hashed over, so it was more than probable I was still dreaming. HOWEVER... a few months later I stayed at Jacky's again (I'd stayed there a couple times since the 'ghost' incident and didnt see anything) we were on the topic of ghosts and I told him the story of the woman and he looked absolutely horrified, like seriously fucking scared out of his mind. I was like 'what's up man? And he replied 'a woman died in my house. Well, I say died, she was murdered by her husband. I've seen her too, I think she died in the lounge because that's where I saw her when my cousin stayed in my bed.' That scared the fuck out of me as well, but I haven't seen anything like it since, not in Scotts house anyway.

The House of Gellat

Gellat isn't my friends real name, but a shortening of his last name to protect his privacy. For the sake of this thread, I'll call him Rick. Now Ricks been living in this house with his dad since his parents divorced a couple of years ago, and his dad spends a LOT of time with his girlfriend so Ricks in the house a lot by himself. I'd post a picture on here of what his house looks like but there'd be no point because it's not particularly old or impressive looking. It's not the image that would spring to mind when one says the words 'haunted house.' But the sheer amount of things that has happened leaves no dispute between me and my friends that there is something not right with that house... We've converted his garage into a chillout zone with bare couches and bongs, so it's horrid when someone needs the toilet so bad they have to risk going into the house by themselves.

My first experience was in the bathroom. As soon as I stepped in it it was colder than the heart of a winter night, which struck me as really wierd because the window was closed and the rest of the house was average room temperature. The bath had the shower curtain drawn across so that you could not see what was behind it, and I got the overwhelming impression that someone was standing on the otherside. I kept pissing nonetheless but when I looked back at the shower curtain there was a large shadow imprinted on it, like the kind of shadow that would be made by someone standing on the other side. I was frozen in terror but could not stop pissing, so I just had to stand there well aware that there was something on the other side. The instant I finished I wrenched open the shower curtain to find, as expected, absolutely nothing on the other side.

Another time I was standing in the bathroom and heard footsteps charging up the stairs, then pace around on the landing, then travel into Ricks sisters room where they died down, as if whatever it was had gone for a lie down or something, but the house was completely silent after that. I convinced myself it was Ricks sister, which wasn't too hard to believe, but when I looked into her room the door was open and it was completely empty with the lights turned off. When I went back to the garage and told Rick, he said that his sister hadn't been in all day and was staying at her friends that night.

Rick has had countless experiences. The worst was when he was woken one night by the sound of his door handle being wrenched open and the door flying back and forth, but was unable to pass the stack of clothes he'd left blocking the door shut. Still it kept flying back and forth and then slammed shut, with the handle slamming upwards (it's one of those naturally dropping handles so it must have been wrenched upwards with some force). Another time Ricks girlfriend has been woken up at 3am by the sound of the shower curtains being wrenched backwards and the sound of running water, then the sounds of someone splashing about in the bath accompanied by the sound of 40s music being played on a vinyl player and humming to themselves in the bath.

Rick has left his hairspray on the bedside cabinet then gone downstairs to hear a loud bang, and coming upstairs to see the hairsprays been thrown about 5 meters into the landing on its own accord. He's performed a 'test' before, where he placed the candle on the floor by the door in the lounge, to come down in the morning and find the same candle placed in the middle of the room and a neat stack of magazines and newspapers, again nobody but him was in the house.

My other friend has slept there after a heavy drink and been woke up early in the morning, still drunk, hearing a racket from the kitchen and feeling a freezing draft coming in from the clearly wide open door (but the back door was locked?). The knifes and forks were being rattled about in their drawer and flung across the room by the sounds of it. But each time he went to investigate no one was in the kitchen, the knifes and forks were neatly placed in their drawer and the back door was bolted shut. Another friend stayed in the lounge with Rick upstairs (just the two of the house) and heard two men talking in the kitchen. They had London accents (me and Rick live about half an hour from Birmingham which has a much different manner of speaking) and were discussing some job they were going to do. When my friend went to investigate (which must have took unbeliavble courage) there was of course no one there. The other night me and Rick went to get some crisps from the kitchen and saw all the chairs move at once in the kitche. They just started rattling and all four moved simultaneously by some invisible force. Was creepy as fuck and if my man Rick wasn't in there with me I'd have whiteyed on the spot. The thing about me and Rick we're both big guys with a background in martial arts so we're no faggots, but that house scares us beyond our wits.

Oh, and one more thing that we learned about Ricks house from his Dad like a year and a half after the things had started happening. An old man committed suicide in the house. The same old man that another one of my friends claims to have seen standing in Ricks Dads bedroom.

2. I just recently had one with my friends, it was some intense shit and it made us want to persue it further to try and understand what exactly happened the night this happened to us, but we can only assume it was Electronic Voice Phenomena (AA-EVP).

It was about a week ago and we were all sitting around chillin'. It was around like 3:15 AM (3:19 AM is the witching hour I heard, and this is when we got the calls) and all of a sudden my friend tony's phone rang, he looked at it and it was an anonymous call, he didn't bother to answer it, assuming it was a prank call. So he let it go and all of a sudden he notices right after he misses the call, he gets 1 voice mail.. which seemed odd because the voicemail has to announce through the person calling "So and so is not available".

So he calls his voicemail and listens to it.. well, it wasn't anything we were expecting.. it was like.. a series of high to low pitched noises and clicks. It didn't sound ANYTHING that a white noise generator or a human could make. So we let it go and about 2 minutes later, my friend DJ's phone goes off.. an anonymous call.. he decides to answer it and put it on speaker phone.. this time his sounded like just one constant loud / high pitched noise and then decided to hang up because it was giving us chills and was not responsive when we talked. We were all a bit freaked, so we decided to step out on Tony's porch and have a smoke and just try to forget about it..

We get outside, get our smoke on and all of a sudden Tyler's phone rings, once again.. an anonymous call (mine never got a call.. all 3 of theirs did, but mine never did) - he answers it and there is nothing, not a sound.. just silence which is even creepier.. so he hung up and Tony had enough of it and decided to go in and just try to get his mind off of it and go to the bathroom.. so he heads into the bathroom and is in there.. We all walk back in and go into his living room and all of a sudden we hear Tony scream..

Turns out, his cellphone went off but right when he went to answer it, it stopped, then his house phone went off, but you know how the caller ID takes a few seconds for it to show the number? It showed "Anonymous Call" instantly.. flashed blue and it was instant with the number.. I literally got so freaked out I just left..

It was the scariest shit I've ever heard..

3. ghosts aren't real.

4. when i was 11-12 i would wake up at the same time in the night (3:25~3:30) and i would always see this shit in my bathroom when i looked out my door... freaked me the fuck out

5. alot of people have ghostly experiences in areas that have complex magnetic fields because of the effects these fields have on the brain like feelings of being watched or not being alone, odd sensations like being touched, and seing/ hearing things. also the human imagination knows no bounds. i for one believe that ghosts are absolutely 100% not real. But, i do enjoy a good creepy story

6. i went to california for christmas one year, and i was staying at one of my cousins house. they didnt have any spare bedrooms, so i slept on an air matress in the living room. i woke up sometime during the night (no clock around, didnt care to look) well i opened my eyes, and a little girl is standing next to me wearing a late 1800's dress. shes just staring at me. it didnt click what i saw right than and there, but when i woke up i just attributed it to being sleepy.

another one from when i was 10 or so.

i woke up at some point in the night (again) and i heard a weird clicking/scratching noise. i looked over to my right to look at my alarm clock to see what time it was, and it looked like my mom was standing there messing around with my clock. so i just brushed it off and went back to sleep. a few days later i thought about it and was like "...what would my mom be doing in my room with my alarm clock?" but, once again, i attrubuted it to the sleep.

i havnt had anything that has happened that has led me to go "oh shit, i just saw a ghost" but i have seen brief glimses of things out of the corner of my eye, in the shadows, etc. im still a firm believer in ghosts however.

7. Not ghosts but...Shadow people...scary shit.

>.>
    <.<

8. i really dont belive in ghosts, because im an athiest but i had one unexplainable thing happen to me.

I just got done making some iced tea and i had a spoon on top of a big, round, flat topped sugar tub. There was NO way in hell the spoon would fall off unless it was touched. I went into the living room, and about a half hour later i hear a really loud noise. It didnt sound like the spoon was dropped, rather thrown straight to the ground.
    I got up and look for the spoon because i thought my cat must have knocked it off, and i see the spoon about 15-20 feet away from the sugar tub. I went to look for my cat, but it was locked in the basement.

It was some freaky shit

9. I thought atheists knew for a fact that everything had no higher being's involvement and that everything had a logical explanation. And that they were all also smarter than Christians. But whatever.../rant [on him having it both ways.]

10. #10 Entourage420, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
    he said that it was unexplainable to him

that doesnt mean he believes there isnt a logical way it happened

sounds like you dont have a very good thought on atheists. they arent all like that man dont hate

11. Ive had some wierd stuff happen to me. The crazyest was about 4 years ago. The way my room was when I lived with my parents was that I had a window right across the room from my door. I used to have my bed under the window giving me clear view of the door and the hallway outside it. I was sitting in my room one night when for some reason I happend to look over at the door way. I saw a woman In an all white dress and dark brown hair walk past my door. I didnt think anything of it for a second until I remembered that my room was at the end of the hallway and there was no were to go past my door.

I got off my bed and called out to see if my mom was there. I got to my door way and there was none there. I went down stairs to find my mom asleep on the couch. Now heres where it gets kinda freaky. Me and my uncle were talking about spirits one day. He started talking about this time where he saw a woman in an all white dress in his house. I told him I had seen something simillar. He asked if she had dark brown hair? Whitch the woman I saw did, and so did the one he saw. We began compairing details about her and they were all the same. Apperently we saw the same person.

I also have things move around my house alot. Im not really sure these are paranormal because Im sure things like shades flying up and doors moving can be explained but having things from the kitchen end up in the basement are a bit odd.

12. an experience my guitar teacher told me.

he woke up one night, and a women in a dress was standing next to the bed. when he blinked, she was gone. than he noticed that EVERY SINGLE LIGHT IN THE HOUSE was on. while he going around turning them off, he found his garden hose at the bottom of the stairs that led to the basement. he asked his wife and son if they did it, but they both said they had no ide what he was talking about. apperently this ghost was making its way around the neighborhood, because his neighbors saw the same lady a couple of times.

than one time while i was there, he was in the basement with another student, doing a lesson. when they came back up stairs, my teacher said "hey, were you talking to anyone, or yelling at anyone by any chance?" i said no. apperently, while they were down stairs they heard a man a women yelling at each other, fighting. now i know it wasnt anyone outside, since i was upstairs, with all the windows open, so i would have heard any fight that involved yelling. and when your in the basement, you cant hear crap from outside, since the window wells all have covers, and the windows were closed. it wasnt a tv either since no one else was home.

13. some of these stories creep me the fuck out! keep em up, i like this thread. i'd share experiences like these, but i don't got any

14. The house I grew up in and lived in until I was 8 was haunted I think, though I didn't really find out until years later. I found out after we moved that the old guy that used to live there died in my brother's room. My brother used to have play fire trucks, you know, the kind with the sirens and real lights. During the night, every once in a while, the sirens and the lights would start going off in my brothers closet.

Kinda freaky... idk if it was ghosts but always makes me wonder.

15. you guys might not believe this one but i swear to you its true...

when i was at camp 2 summers ago in cali there was a counselor who said that if everyone in the cabin sat in a circle and focused on this ghost he told us about the ghost might show itself... now this is where it gets really fucked up, the cabin setup was there was 3 rooms with 2 sets of bunk beds in each and a bathroom on the back wall, so we're sitting in a circle in the middle of the cabin and the bathroom door is open, and all of a sudden in the mirror we all saw a black figure appear and then it proceeded to crawl out of the mirror and start crawling on its stomach towards us, then before it reaches the circle it stops and then just disappears.

sorry if thats hard to understand but im high and getting mad creeps just writing this...

16. if they were stacked in the closet, and the sirens went off when they moved or something, it could just have been them shifting/slipping.

17. Im not scared of ghosts because they cant do much to us, But I am scared to death of demons, as you will hear in my second story.

This happened when I was like 10.

When I woke up in the morning I was squinting my eyes, I have long eye lashes and they made a shape that looked similar to an angel. A couple hours later I was playing at my friends house, who lived directly behind my house. His parents weren't home but we were playing in his yard. Anyways, I was walking by his back porch and I look over and there is a beautiful woman with brown hair down to her shoulders. She was either wearing an all white night gown or wedding dress that went down to her knees. I only looked at her for a second, but then realized that she was really out of place and looked back within a second and no one was there. For the rest of the day I was overcome with pure happiness, I am convinced that she was an angel or ancestor.

This could of just been a extreme sleep terror but it was the scariest night of my life. It happened when I was 15

I had a dream where I was watching my self sleep from the corner of my room. My room was very dark and seemed evil. I couldnt move in the dream and I couldnt talk. My parents were crying saying I was possessed. When I woke up I still couldnt move and I felt a very very evil presence. I soon could move but I was scared shitless. For the next couple hours I was wide awake and could barely breath. I felt like there was some thing evil around me. I prayed all night long and with each prayer I could feel it going away. i couldnt sleep for the next couple days and I think a demon might of tried to posses me. But then again it could of just been my paranoia

18. its like that ring movie.. except with a mirror

19. this is my story from last year:

me and my friend jake were at his house late one night. we smoked 3 or 4 bowls and stayed in his room to watch some tv. it was about 3 am and he fell asleep on me. now, his room is on the end of a hallway and and you have a full view of his kitchen.

i started to get ready for bed and i look at the kitchen for a second and everything was fine, but when i took off my shirt and looked agian all the drawers and the refrigerator door were open. i had no explanation for that but it happened in like a half second, humanly impossible. i never saw ghost that day but i did see something that made me think about the paranormal world.

i hope a couple more that i'll share later.

20. One morning, after smoking a shit load of blunts the night before, I woke up on my side and saw some kind of demon looking over the edge of my bed at me. All I could see of it was just above the bridge of its nose up. The fucking thing was just staring at me. It looked like this:

[​IMG]
    Like the Hell Knight behind him from the nose up

So needless to say I was scared shitless. So I did one of these like harold except I rolled over and freaked out:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sf76Kske34]YouTube - Harold and Kumar - Cyclops[/ame]