The official "fuck you Microsoft!" thread.

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Iceni Toker, Oct 5, 2009.

1. So I woke up this morning and had nothing to do all day so I thaught "right, i'll get some quality Halo time in because I rarely have time to play anymore". So I load up the disk tray, close it and saw the big green logo you see at powerup freeze and emit a horrible static sound from my speakers. I thaught awww shit, this can't be good but retained faith that it may be a one off. So i tried it again and again and the same thing happened a few times untill I saw the universially feared RROD. Luckily I can get it fixed for free but it's still damnnn annoying, I won't be able to play for 2-3 weeks, which is gunna suck becuse all my friends an I do is play 360 when high......FUCK YOU MICROSOFT. This is the third time my Xbox has broken since I bought it. And now my beatifull 1080p HDTV will have to sit there unused for the duration of the repairs. :mad:

My 360 and its replacement :cool:

[​IMG]

2. this is why you dont buy any gadgets right when they are released.
    typically, they have bugs...sucks balls! sorry dude!
    Sony or Die!!! :]

3. warranty is so annoying. they take forever to send you your stuff.. im waiting on an adapter for my laptop right now... i spent a week just emailing the people back and forth before they even gave me their address. assholes!

4. I got the 3RROD recently too it was just a ram problem sent it in and got it back in a week. Brand new newer model xbox 360 elite. just sent it in nothing wrong with better gear

5. I'm pretty sure there's already been an " Official fuck you Microsoft" thread by now, these things are a dime a dozen. I've also had an RROD and the Error 37 or something, and had them replaced. Luckily I have a PC chock full of games so I was all good. Rediscover some old Roms if you don't have another console to fall back on, or torrent some good older games (seeing as how most people don't have a PC that flawlessy runs some of these processor intensive games coming out lately.

6. While M$ still fails on a greedy-money-grubbing factor, when my Sex Box RROD I sent it in, got it back a week later, brand new elite model and an extra HD to boot.

Still a pain in my ass though.

7. I had an early model for 2 years before it fucked up, sent it in and got a new one a week later.

Except the disk trey on mine is a piece of shit.

8. I've had mine for about a year and never had any problems...

I used one of those attached fan the whole time though.

9. Sucks about the Box of 360, but I recently got Windows 7, and I'm pretty pleased with Microsoft right now.

10. Dude they send you a brand new xbox for free when this happens.

I wouldn't be bitching.

11. My 1 and a half year old 360 elite just RROD like 2 seconds ago.

I was watching American Psycho, when the picture freezes. No biggie, I figure, probably just the DVD that's scratched, have it ripped to hard drive anyway. So I restart the console and there it is, the lovely RROD.

12. It's not like you paid for your 360 or anything. I mean, if an xbox 360 cost more than a hundred dollars I guess you could complain for not being able to play for 3-4 weeks, but luckily that's not the case.

And boy oh boy I am so happy xbox live is free for everyone too. Imagine getting a RROD and losing a whole month of play time if it happened to cost 60 dollars a year!

13. or just do a costco return, go in - buy a new one, bring it home, swap boxes, return, get store credit or CC refund

bam

Oh, and don't forget to swap your HDD

14. Subscribe to the Microsoft security bulletin and get 'COULD ALLOW REMOTE EXECUTION' in your reader each and every day. :rolleyes:

15. Yeah. The same thing happened to me yesterday. All my friends (sony fans) took that chance to try convert me to PS3, But I'm just not sure. I had my Xbox since 2006 (yes I have a 2006 model, and this is the first problem)

What do you guys think? spring for slimline PS3, or send in my Xbox?
    (ether way I have to wait a few weeks, Broke as fuck thanks to MaryJane. . .Not that i'm complaining. . .)

16. Well at least you got a sack of bud to make up for it:bongin:

17. Its not like they send you a free month of live when you get you box fixed...

Oh wait, yea they do.

18. They send you a free month of Xbox Live, kid. Also, mine left on a Monday and was returned the following Wednesday. If you can splurge on the $2 in postage instead of having to wait for their prepaid box, 2 weeks would be more accurate, maybe less.

Also, Sony sent out a mandatory system update to their PS3 recently, just like the update Xbox 360 users have to install occasionally, that is actually ruining peoples PS3s. And instead of offering to fix it for free, they charge $150. Yeah, good job Sony, ruin people's $300-400 consoles, then charge them $150 to fix it :rolleyes:.

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over PS3 Failures | High-Def Digest

Sony sued over PS3 update that supposedly bricks consoles - Ars Technica