The Official: "Fuck America, I'm Moving to Canada" thread

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by weedzilla420, Feb 6, 2006.

1. now don't get me wrong, i deeply love the values that america supposedly stands for: LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.

but the greedy politicians that are running our country will see to it that those values will never be applied again.

it's just one war after another. this country has turned into a war machine. the people of america and the rest of the world are suffering because of the greedy corporatation controlled asshole politicians in the US.

we go destroying other countries and the govt brainwashes the citizens into thinking that we are actually helping them.

we are moving closer and closer to a police state. one by one our civil liberties are being taken away. mark my words, it's just a matter of time before the constitution is as george bush put it "nothing but a goddamned piece of paper" (if you don't believe he said that do some research and look it up).
    http://www.infowars.com/articles/Bush/bush_trashes_constitution_few_notice.htm

now it's unavoidable we will get into a military conflict w/iran because of oppressive/imperialistic foreign policy. the only reason iran wants nukes is to have an incentive to the west/israel not to attack them

THERE IS GOING TO BE A DRAFT. WAKE UP AMERICA. THE GOVT WILL ENSLAVE THE CITIZENS TO BE THE WORKERS IN THEIR WAR MACHINE.

the US is generating so much hate against itself. nobody else in the world likes us except britain and israel. those are the only 2 real allies this country has now that america has alienated itself from the rest of the world.

i feel that more terror attacks are coming and they will rival if not be worse than 9/11.

this country is fighting terrorism the wrong way. they want to defeat terrorism by killing the terrorist. the only way to defeat terrorism is to end the motivation for terrorism. that will not happen when the military invades middle eastern countries raping and pillaging the land and people. it only exacerbates the situation.

the US war machine DOES NOT want to defeat terrorism. as long as there is the threat of terrorism, they will be able to have more power, restrict and take away more of our basic freedoms, make money from military contracts, get more oil control, etc. THEY ARE PROFITING FROM THE WAR ON TERRORISM.

therefore, the "war on terror" will never end as long as these people are in power. i do not see these people being taken out of power any time soon.

i no longer have any confidence in the voting system. why the hell do you all think there is such a big push for "electronic voting". that's the worst thing in the world. there is no paper trail. the elections will be a sham. the head of "diebold" (the most major e-voting machine maker) promised "TO DELIVER" critical swing states such as ohio to gwb. (do you own research for that too if you don't believe me).
    http://www.infowars.com/print/election/diebold_committed.htm

in some districts in ohio, there were more votes for gwb than there were people registered to vote in the respective districts. go figure...

i don't want to be here when the shit hits the fan. i don't want to be forcefully drafted into the US war machine.

i think the only option is to move to canada. they don't beef w/anybody, nobody beefs w/them. the people there seem nicer and more tolerant of other people/culture.

plus with all the global warming, i figure it's just a matter of time before Canada is a tropical paradise (jk).

2. How sad, I expected more from you, guess that's life though, filled with dissapointments... by all means, like I said before, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

~ Terpsichore

3. look, I LOVE MY COUNTRY, I WOULD BE WILLING TO DIE FOR MY COUNTRY, however i hate the people running it and i'm not willing to die to promote their agenda
    but i figured i'd get flamed for this post so flame away to your heart's content and it's still not going to change the facts or the situation america is in.

4. ok, i titled my thread wrong.

i shouldn't have said "fuck america" in the title

i should have said "fuck the people who have fucked america over"

based on the responses i'm getting for this thread, it disturbs me to think that people are not as bothered by the govt's actions as much as me. the apathetic attitude is what allows them to get away w/their agenda.

5. Hell yeah, it's gonna be fucking great.

But anyways I think you have some reasonable beefs with your country's government, and it's good that you can differentiate in between America itself and America's current state of affairs.

Raving anti-american sentiment is pretty widespread around where I come from, and I personaly take a stand against it. I think there are hundreds of great things about american culture (Seinfeld), and most americans I've met were a far cry from the ignorant gun-toting redneck that is the common stereotype around here.

Plus, even if your country screws around in a lot of places that it shouldn't, I still think that its worldwide presence is a good thing. Who else would you want running things? China?

But hey, never give up your right to complain!

Also GO CANADA

6. I live and will stay in this country not because I think it's perfect, but because I want to fix it. I vote Libertarian, I write my representatives on a regular basis, and I participate in rallys/marches/demonstrations for causes I think are worthy of my time. Perhaps you should consider doing something like that instead of bailing at the first sign of something you don't like.

7. Well I'll admit that would have been much easier to understand, because I do understand some of what you are saying, and in that respect, I agree, fuck the people who are fucking this country up; but honestly the way you titled it was very derogatory and with all the flaming that has been going on lately it's a pretty sensitive topic... I have to admit, I feel better now that you have explained what you really meant by it... I was not mad at you, just dissapointed.

~ Terpsichore

8. your representatives couldn't give two shits about your opinion. (people have written for years about ending mj prohibition and that's gone nowhere. if you can't end persecution for a victimless action you sure as hell will never change foreign policy)

i like the libertarians but there is no power in joining a 3rd party.

i would like more than anything to fix this country. unfortuanately, i do not see that happening as long as the people running our country continue to run it.

even if you do not agree with what i have to say, i still respect your opinion and would like to hear what you have to say on the issue.

and to all the members of gc, I REALLY LOVE YOU GUYS! please do not hate me because i voiced my oppostion to the oppressive regime that controls america. i would hate to lose the comrodery i share with you all. i just despise the power that is hurting the world.

9. Don't blame your representative for not being able to pass a law that is largely opposed by the general public.

This is the same deal as with prohibition. Once the majority of the population is against a law like this, it will be overturned. Until then you have millions of people who believe that marijuana is dangerous to convince, and it's not by calling them ignorant morons that you'll get there.

10. i guess the point then is to change the opinion of the public, not the politicians.

the politicians are just whores who do whatever will be popular to get them reelected

11. You got it!!! That's the key!

~ Terpsichore
    :hello:

12. My take? You've already decided that you don't have any power and The Man has won in convincing you of such lie.

your representatives couldn't give two shits about your opinion. (people have written for years about ending mj prohibition and that's gone nowhere. if you can't end persecution for a victimless action you sure as hell will never change foreign policy)

They do keep track on almost every issue. My representative only represents one small area code in a tiny town that butts up against Boston. You can be damn sure he does keep track. How do I know? The newspapers will often print the exact # of letters/emails/faxes/phone calls that a representative will get for and against an issue; and that's any rep, not just mine. Of course he doesn't read my exact e-mail, I wouldn't expect him to. But he does keep track of the # for any given issue, and that's how the newspapers get them. My e-mail is a vote, and when there's only a few thousand people in my district, most of whom don't bother to write or call in, you can be sure that my input has in some tiny way, effected how my state and local rep will vote. And it's not just my congressman (which is not the guy I mentioned above). It's local too. Everything starts local. The first woman to vote was a state dicision. The first medical marijuana initiatives are at the state level. Decrminalization is at the state level. The first legalization (Denver) was at the city level. You have to start small and work up, and I'm starting small by effecting my local reps. No, e-mailing bush won't have any effect on foreign policy, but he's too big of a fish. Start small, start local. It's how it all starts and it's how marijuana is starting to be decriminalized.

i like the libertarians but there is no power in joining a 3rd party.

And you think there's power in voting for the Reps or Dems? A vote is a vote buddy. Political parties come and go, it hasn't always been the Reps and Dems. Dems and Reps, being two sides of the same coin, keep fucking everyone over. Dems aren't for legalization. Reps aren't for legalization. Reps are for Big Gov't. Dems are for Big Gov't. All the Dems wanted a War on Terror. All the Reps wanted a war on terror. A vote for those two parties is a complete waste, it's just adding fuel to the machine that is the Federal Government and promoting it's agenda. Once again they've won: they've convinced you that you only have two choices, both of which are serving in the best interest of an increasingly large, big spending, civil rights infringing government.

I have nothing against you, but that attidute is EXACTLY what they want you to feel: powerless. It's quite the opposite. Every change happens because someONE decides to change it. Civil rights didn't happen overnight. Change has never spontanously occured. It's occurred because some small group of the population wanted it to, in face of overwhelming odds (once again, a kick back to the Civil Rights movement). Marijuana is another one of those intellectual battles, and it's one I choose to fight. And quite frankly, if you're not doing whatever is within reason for you to do to get out there and spread the message, than you might as well be working for them, because they've beaten you. They've convinced you that even though every major movement in history has started with one person (who in almost all cases have NOT been powerful people) that you can't make a difference, that you shouldn't even bother to call the very people who are supposed to represent your interests with your opinion or vote for a puppet that they haven't laid in front of you. That's victory for Big Gov't right there, and it happens because of apathy.

13. They've had about 5 votes in MA to see what the people think on legalization. Everytime the majority come back saying they want it decriminalized, at least. Now MA is considering decrim! (I also just e-mailed my house and senate reps about the two decrim bills, NORML makes it pretty easy from their site).

Here's an interesting read:
    http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3449

14. We'll see, once I get outta college I am either moving to Vancouver or Boston.

15. If you feel your going to be safe in Canada, good luck too you.... US has more pull in canada than anywhere else.

16. fucking rights.

Move to Prince George BC if you want the best bud and BC pays trades people the highest wages out of anywhere else with the lowest cost of living you can find.

But if you go anywhere go to BC, I've only heard good things from people who've moved to BC from other parts of Canada. Everyone says that in BC were really layed back compared to every other province. And we have good lakes for watersports in the summer, best salmon and steelhead river/ocean fishing, best ski resorts in the winter.

gotta go smoke a bowl from my $85 half oz of blueberry haze.

17. you have to consider this: in the presidential election, only one of two parties is going to win, that being the democrats and the republicans. they are your only two choices to have an influential vote on who will win the election. i dislike john kerry but i voted for him simply because my dislike for him was less than my great disdain of bush.

also consider that marijuana is illegal at the federal level. states may pop up here and there who adopt decriminalization measures in their state legislature. but federal law will triumph any state law that is passed. the only way to get true decriminalization is through the federal level. that will never happen because both of the most influential parties do not support decriminalization. that's why i feel a complete loss of faith in my government.

18. i wanna move to canada to persue happyness.

19. ^ yeah, maybe it's just a coincidence but i pursue happiness and smoke weed at the same time frequently