The Official Cult Thread

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Jane_Bellamont, Aug 3, 2016.

1. #1 Jane_Bellamont, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    For all those interested in cults, sects .. both modern and historical ...

Looking at documentaries like these makes me feel grateful for being a bit of a cynical, pessimistic nihilist.. well, sometimes.

If you're a cynic, you'll literally be immune to the influence of cults. That's because you'll intuitively know that no one will ever promise you a better or happier life, without having some kind of hidden, ulterior motive .. especially if they don't ask for anything in return.

A man falls in love with a woman because he likes her face, her butt, her boobs, because she's good in bed, etc. A woman falls in love with a man because he is financially stable, strong, good in bed, charming, handsome, capable of protecting her, etc.

A kid likes his mother because she feeds him, brings him christmas/birthday presents and provides a roof over his head. A mother likes her kid because he behaves and gets good grades in school, and because he gives her something to brag about.

A cat likes you because you feed it. You love your cat because it's playful and cuddly. If it were shy or aggressive, it would probably be in the animal shelter as we speak ...

A restaurant loves its clients because they order and pay for their food. A client loves a restaurant because they make food that they like.

A boss likes you because you do as you're told. You like your boss because he pays you.

Human life is always a two-way transaction. There are no saviors, no messiahs. There's no such thing as altruism, or true love. Anyone who says otherwise just wants to fuck you in the ass.

So always have a game plan .. be a single player, independent, always cautious. Give money to charity and the homeless here and then, but if a son of a bitch looks like he's ripping you off and taking advantage of you, tell him to get fucked.

2. Not to be the contrarian here, but...

Everything you posted in the last 7 paragraphs or so is not only false, it's also got absolutely nothing to do with cults. Everything you posted in the last 7 paragraphs is a belief that you hold, but none of it is actually true. It sounds like this thread is a lot more about your need for love than it is about cults.

• Like Like x 2
  3. #3 dannyszu, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    What sneaky snake said.

What you said is a matter of perspective, and...like you said, is pessimistic. It is intrinsic to the human spirit to look beyond past failures and HOPE/BELIEVE that a better world is possible. If you do not continue your search for what you believe is right, or what an ideal human being looks like you'll land right where you are.

I'm one of those that could not be in a cult lol. Then again when I was 12 I woulda joined a gang if I had the chance so. We are creators, choose what your influences are wisely.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Some people use cults for an agenda, im sure others are sincerely seeking a better reality.

If you have no want, hope or belief in a better world, you definitely wont be one aiding in the advancement of that end. The vision of a better world starts in our hearts and minds, after that we can spread that vision to others until enough people want and believe in it.

IMO the powers that be want us to be hopeless, powerless, fearful, suspicious, divided, drained of energy and humanity. Their continued survival and dominance depends upon those things.

We must realize that we dont need a savior, time and time again we see people corrupted by influence and power, we must change ourselves and be our own savior.

There certainly is altruism and true love, im sorry that you havent experienced that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You have set up a mindset that doesnt allow for goodness.

You make several points about the selfishness of different relationships and that they are only for personal gain, but also suggest we be especially wary of someone that asks for nothing in return. That speaks to the mindset of suspicion i mentioned above.

Do you see what you did? Anyone who doesnt appear to have a motive for gain in a relationship is just proof that they have a hidden motive?

Its like saying nobody tells the truth, and if someone appears to be telling the truth, it just means they are a really good liar.

• Like Like x 2
  6. That's why here in America we have separated church & state. The state accepts only the facts. Over time everything gets defined, and rule is made , so that there is an order to everything. Rules are based on ownership rights/land usage primarily because cities run out of space and resources first.

The fact is people are making more people and the newest of people are left with no legal way of moving up the pyramid. (Unless the rich lose count) Being poor is not illegal. Neither is being confusing. Forced to "thieve" a new pyramid begins to rise. This is when church plays the biggest role. Forgiveness - the cross of Christ.. We are not slaves..that have to accept this tax-debt burden..we are free. And the Tower of Babel comes toppling down. Again.

With the majority in power (democracy) public financed works are payed with a higher percentage of wealthy tax payers money! Instead of fighting this legal money distribution.. The wealthy MOVE! and legally purchase land somewhere else. This really pisses off the lifetime renters. Who gave the Jews a bad rep. lol
    -financing for a tomorrow that has no guarantee.., is risky business. And owing money is not a criminal act in America. The number just goes up. ..I'm probably wrong on a few things, this was just my interpretation at the time

Grasscity Forum