The official: Ask a PUA (pick up artist) anything thread

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by BigMoose, Nov 8, 2010.

1. I am one of the old school pick up artists back before we had a tv show and a book. I'm friends with and have instructed seminars with all of the big names in the seduction community - Tyler, Mystery, Style - you name them, I probably know them if they are legit. Mystery Method, Love Systems, RSD - its all the same stuff. I know cause I was there when it was all being figured out.

So - as a new pothead and to give back to GC - if any of you girls or guys have questions about getting someone to like you, dating, relationships, girls, guys - I have put a lot of years of my life into studying and teaching this stuff.

Ask away fellow blades!

2. uh can you tell Mystery to come back to tv?
    uh I think he's hot and I enjoyed looking at
    him every Sunday night. Ha. Plus the "losers"
    on that show are just way too funny.
    Always made me laugh.

3. What is "picking up" about? Pride? Accomplishment?

4. Do you think people respect you when you hook up with women for the sole purpose of getting laid?

5. I think it's pretty fucked up to pick up women just so you can say "I've slept with x amount of women, I'm a real ladies man". Isn't the point to have fun in chasing a girl, and then having fun in being with her? If you treat romance as a sport or a gimmick, it kind of defeats the whole purpose, IMO.

6. How do I pick-up a girl without using cheesy pick up lines? Or anything that a woman with any self-respect will be attracted to?

7. Usually it is about a lonely guy, most likely an internet geek or someone who read the book 'The Game', who is tired of being lonely. So he learns how to talk to women, body language and social intelligence to better himself to becoming attractive to the opposite sex.

The guys who stay in the game - they do it because of the thrill and the ego rush. If you are someone who has never had any attention from girls your whole life - and all of a sudden you have a lot of attractive, quality women in your life... That is very empowering.

8. #9 BigMoose, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
    FTC - answered on your thread.

:p
    You want to open with something interesting. An easy way to do this is with a conversational question.

Here you go GC... the GC Opener:

"Hey guys, real quick because I am already late , what is the best marijuana you have ever smoked?"

This is a great opener. It is going to cause the girl to think about it. No matter what answer she says it naturally leads to more questions such as where did you get it, why do you like it, how much, where, etc. Now you have at least 5 minutes of conversation just off a simple question.

If the girl has never smoked mj before you can pretend tease her about it and then say something disarming like ... 'it is ok. I've never had beer before.'

9. This was kind of my reasoning here too.

OP, I really do NOT intend to make this sound demeaning or anything, but getting relationship advice from someone who's been in the singles game long enough to call themselves an "artist" is kind of like looking for marriage advice from someone who's been divorced three times.

I guess I would have to understand and ensure that your end goal with relationships is the same as mine, that's all. Obviously you've had some success with breaking the ice with your tactics.

10. Well I've read about this stuff in the past, I'm familiar with a lot of the information about attraction and I am annoyed with some of the nuances of this "art." Particularly the way they encourage you to keep up the facade that you've always got something going on or you're always in a hurry because your time is in such demand. You can't tell me this isn't the case because you did it in your example:

Why are people so afraid of down time and availability? It's completely obvious to me that that which is unavailable and harder to attain is more attractive because we can't easily influence or "control" it. I get that. But having that dynamic influence people to artificially try to make themselves more attractive by constantly showing that they have options is such a sign of weakness. For material that's supposed to be all about dominance and acting "alpha" I find that part incredibly shallow and sad.

Care to address that part of dating and your PUA society?

11. LOL dude you probably know nothing about women. In fact you have probably never seen a woman naked. You are probably just some attention needy virgin. Stop tryin to act like you know what you are talking about.

12. Yes!

gotta tell you I dont know anything about what you are talking about. It sounds to me like a perception you have of the seduction community and its material. It is a perception - it is not true.

'real quick cause I am late' displays to the group that you are leaving. When a stranger talks to a person or group - the initial reaction is normally defensive. By telling them that you are immediately leaving, the group is disarmed from their defensive posture and are more open to talking to you. Thus friendlier.

13. #14 J-DILLA, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    No, this guy knows his shit....if all you want is one night stands. I'm sorry but all that playing hard to get game is a huge time waster IMO. If you really like someone, you should be willing to set some time aside from them. None of that 2 day rule as well.

The only way to find a true relationship is to be yourself. All you're going to get with playing games and boasting about yourself if a superficial relationship. If you aren't confident when it comes to talking to girls, then work on your confidence, not these far fetched "5 steps" that will get you every single girl.

I am living proof of that. I used to be those guys with confidence issues. I realized my problem and went out to solve it. No matter how much of a loser you are, playing these games won't do anything in the long term; women can spot fakes like you wouldn't know.

14. what is the best way to make a good first impression at a party right when walking in? assuming there are people and groups all over the place.

15. Don't walk in like a douchebag. Introduce yourself to people? Offer them a smoke?

16. Walk in with a smile, makes you more accessible.

I'll bounce now, don't wanna take over a true PUA's thread. :cool:

17. how can i work on my confidence? because whenever i wanna talk to my crush, i always am like no no no, even tho it seems like shes in love with me cause shes always smiling and staring into my eyes and MANY other things i wont even bother saying..

18. obv;)

19. #20 BigMoose, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
    Perfect.

Enter the room smiling. Approach the very first people you see and act like you know them. Everyone in the room will think you know them. The people you talk to you can open them (start a conversation) or just say that it was a case of mistaken identity.

It doesnt matter because you now look happy, friendly, approachable and have social proof.