the official 400w hps yield thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by peterjoseph88, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Cool thread, never saw this before...

2. i got a Brail Amazonian and crazy miss hyde under a 400w couple days from seed, wish me luck !

3. Harvested super sour og in dwc with ff nutes and vegged with cfl flowered with 400w hps got about 3 oz not bad for my first grow with a calmag def

4. I noticed about 50 bucks a month running all my shit.
    400w hps
    dehumidifier
    Heater in winter/ ac in summer
    co2 regulator
    carbon filter fan

Really a 400w puts out the same energy as a cieling fan w/ 100w bulbs ya know.

5. #65 jackstraw419, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
    Not bad at all for 1st time. Hopefully those 3 zips last you to next harvest!

I get 4-6 mason jars full each harvest BTW. I never weigh it though.

6. Nope didnt know that. But I do now..Thanks!

7. I found that once I started indoors my electric consumption actually dropped. This was due to me worrying so much about an increase that I started using all those electric saving tips my folks pounded into me as a child!

8. Here some pics of my current 3 ladies 2 weeks into flower the Special Queen#1 was vegged 2 months the Big Bang and Pure AK only vegged for 2.5 weeks

Attached Files:

9. Im sorry to bug you gentleman but I would like some insight into 400W yield regarding a trolley and rail system. My setup Im working on is as follows and is not complete. I have 2 separate flowering areas that are going to be symmetrical divided by a white visqueen double layer wall/curtain.

8' x 20" table 34" high with (6) 10 gallon DWC tubs (tub dimensions are 17"x13"x9") each containing (8) plants in 3" net pots using 1.5" rockwool starters immersed in hydroroton on top & bottom of rockwool starter. (2) 21 GPM Air pumps each with 6 outlet manifold running (2) 14" airstones in each 10 gallon tub. The pump lines are divided so each pump runs 1 airstone in each tub so a pump dying does not eliminate all oxygen. Using 2 55 gallon reservoirs to ready water, 1 for distilling water, other is distilled water that has nutrients added and PH balanced to 5.5-5.9. Here's the part I need advice on.. I have already purchased (4) 400w Lumatek Digital Ballasts with HPS vitalume bulbs and aluminum non-vented reflectors (adjust-a-wing). I'm curious whether I should just hang the 2 400w reflectors evenly divided along the length of the table overhead (fixed), or purchase a rail and trolley system and have both lights travel separate 4' foot spans. I plan on flowering the plants damn near the same time they have a root system that reaches a couple inches into the nutrient solution. My Veg room is just a mother, and a clone tray of 50 clones. I only use 2X 125w CFL's with horizontal reflectors overhead. Oh, the room that is divided into the two flower rooms is 13'x9' and the tables are going to be in the center of the aisle for access all the way around it. Planning on hanging the lights ROUGHLY 18" above the canopy. Just worried that the optimum lumens may not stretch quite to the ends of the tables. Any constructive criticism is much appreciated and will be taken into consideration. Please understand that I picked 400's due to their low relative cost, less heat, less power consumption, and figured 4 small lights is better than 2 big ones. Oh yeah, not concerned with yield size but give a conservative estimate considering a 3 week root/veg, and 8 week flower time. Nutrients have not yet been narrowed down but will be using organic mild nutrients with root enhancers. Thanks for your time, be gentle this is my first DWC, used to using ebb&flow.

10. I use 400w hps with hortilux bulb
    Using pro mix
    Canna terra full line
    3 gallon pots
    Now I use coco as a medium

Lowest yield per plant was 1 zip per

Usually I run 4 plants veg for 2 weeks from clone then flower as long as they need 60 to 70 days.

Now I pull 7 to 9 oz per run

It's a good setup for me. With light fans and exhaust running 12/12 it's about $50-60 per month on the electric bill. Very stealth. No smell either. Got the can filter works great!

11. #71 boulderPatient, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
    Jack the Ripper. Currently crushing a 2x4 tent. DWC, huge airstone, co2 injection, GH flora, BudBlood. Steady 100g yields.
    [​IMG]

12. I'm using 400w hps in a 1.2x1.2x2.0 grow tent. 4inc carbon filter and exhaust fan. I also use a oscillating fan at all times. Humidity varies between 50%-70% generally. I use fox farm nutes.
    I'm in week five flowering, I'm hoping to have the finished product in about 5 weeks, so I will keep you updated on my yield. I have no idea what I'm going to pull but they are looking good!

13. Forgot to attach a picture

Attached Files:

14. #74 Arsenal420, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2013
    Medium: FFOF/Happy Frog

Method: Topped once

Strains: Mr Nice Master Kaze (Master Kush Skunk x Afghan Haze)

Veg/Flower Time: 5 weeks/8-11 weeks

Nutrients: Fox Farm Trio with Cal Mag plus

Pics: In "Bud Shots", thread is Master Kaze.

Grow area: Secret Jardin DR90 II 3x3

This was only my 2nd grow. 2.5 gal pots.
    Harvested 5.5ozs

15. I don't use 400's now but my first grow was 2 sour diesel clones I bought at a dispensary in 5 gallon DWC buckets under a 400 and they yielded a little over 8 oz.

16. Just finished my grow heres my post
    Medium:ff
    Method:fimmed a couple times & Lst
    Strains:Blue Dream, Blue Venom, Sour Diesel
    Veg:43 days
    Flower:BD73, BV83, SD100 days
    Nutes:Recipe of success kit
    Grew in:Canada Q6 Veg/Bloom combo grow box
    137watts fluorescent for vegg
    400w hps for flower
    Dry weight:BD95g, BV44g, SD162g
    301g total dry weight not bad at all for my 1st grow happy growing GC

17. What are your plant's final heights?

18. #78 Apex Predator, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  19. Quality thread!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Definitely bookmarking this thread.

My friend has a 400 hps grow and the most he's got is close to 3 ounces. We have organic nutrients, organic soil, ventilation, LST, etc, and hasn't been able to reach a quarter-pound.