The Official 2011 (Theoretical) Grasscity Presidential Campaign.

Discussion in 'General' started by catfish swiming, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Items on my polls would not be limited to just the staff, though. You would be able to make a poll question and have it polled for your Music Hall idea and if it got support, which it surely would as the great idea that it is, then the mods will be more likely to consider it. Rather than just as a single suggestion from a single user, it will be an idea proposed by a single user and widely supported by fellow blades.

If users take extended breaks, then that won't make a difference in the polls as a way of showing what will be best for the community. Such users aren't fully active members in the community and won't know the current events as much anyway, so their votes would only skew the results. For example, I took a few days off, which just happened to be at the fall of the DH thread. If it were brought to a vote, whether the DH thread should be suspended or not, then I would've showed up just in time to vote that it shouldn't be suspended, but I had no knowledge of the rule breaking that occurred during my leave and such a decision would not be in the best interest of GC.

That's why democratic voting is best. My vote would be buried by the countless other blades who saw the decline within the thread and would vote for a temporary suspension. Also, with a poll, alternative solutions could've been brought to the table during the suspension, potentially expediting the threads return. If I am elected president, it will create a link between the decisions being made behind closed doors and the ears of our fellow blades. Instead of being left in the dark, I will be able to report the current progress in the return of the DH thread. I will be able to do this because I am already on great terms with the staff. I already know more about the progress of the DH thread than most users because of PM's I've had with staff and if I were to win the presidency, it would give me the power to officially liaison between blades and the staff.

The polls will help me form and gauge the voice of our fellow blades, as the staff or I or you, should you win, could not possibly talk to every blade and determine what the consensus is. I'm not taking away the possibility of on the fly decision making, either, though. If a risk needs to be taken and a more hasty decision made, I will not hesitate to make it, as long as it incorporates a blanket benefit and won't have a negative effect on any blades.

2. Good debate. :D

In the end, the vote is going to come down to who supports your more liberal views or my more conservative ones.

Looks like the political spectrum is present in even this election! :D
    Once again, I wish you good luck. Seems we're the only serious contestants in this.

Vote Gooseman 2011
    :gc_rocks:

3. My views shouldn't be confused with liberal views. lol I am merely a proponent of democracy, which has nothing to do with liberal vs. conservative issues. One could argue the implementation of the polling would be progressive, but so would implementing sections in the Music Hall. :smoke: I also maintain conservative views in that SJ should retain supreme power and hold the final say in matters. :wave:

4. #85 reefercrazyness, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2011
    [quote name='"Gooseman"']

Good debate. :D

In the end, the vote is going to come down to who supports your more liberal views or my more conservative ones.

Looks like the political spectrum is present in even this election! :D
    Once again, I wish you good luck. Seems we're the only serious contestants in this.

Vote Gooseman 2011
    :gc_rocks:[/quote]

You got my vote and I'm giving you rep once I'm on my computer.
    I was gonna run but after I saw what you were offering I decided not too since it was basically the same thing and I didn't wanna divide votes. Love the ideas man. Also.... Can I be on your cabinet? ;)

5. [quote name='"blazethatgreen"'][/quote]

Not only does he have swag but he's down with fucking bitches and getting money :bongin:

6. The final vote will take place on the 31st of october. 7 days from now.

I wish all members in the race good luck!!

7. Catfish I have to ask what kind of power will the president have because I don't want to promise anything I can't do

8. The president will have bitches on his dick from 12:00am to 12:00pm, and then the president will smoke mad dro from 12:01pm to 11:59pm.

And the president will be making icy cash 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

9. [quote name='"blazethatgreen"']

The president will have bitches on his dick from 12:00am to 12:00pm, and then the president will smoke mad dro from 12:01pm to 11:59pm.

And the president will be making icy cash 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.[/quote]

This is good for the prez but what about us the people? Do we get a bitch slobbin on our knobs?

10. Username: Macnub

Reason for running: To enslave members in order to create a secret underground marijuana grow op.

hobbies/interests: Not shitting for weeks at a time so when I go to the store/mall I can unleash a devastating plaque on all restrooms.

What you plan do do if elected: In reality... Absolutely fucking nothing.

Office: Uhh.....

11. I'm voting for inanimate carbon rod.

[​IMG]

12. I'm voting to not vote..:smoke:

13. Skunky Monkey, If you vote for me I will grant privileges to blades with sigs that trip me the fuck out.

14. I vote for you :D

15. If you vote me I'll give up all my wealth and bitches to the blades

16. Me? No, I don't like bitches. Gay bitches aren't really attractive to me: [​IMG]

Also, I won't accept any financial contributions as president in order to keep my priorities pure. I shall volunteer as president. :smoke:

17. vote for me and i'll fight inner city crime, establish preschools for apprentice tokers, and petition for a new dead hours thread

18. He was talking about me :cool:

19. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']

Me? No, I don't like bitches. Gay bitches aren't really attractive to me:

Also, I won't accept any financial contributions as president in order to keep my priorities pure. I shall volunteer as president. :smoke:[/quote]

Yea bro I was talking bout blazethatgreen he's down with money and hoes something you know nothing bout ya dig. And he's got swag