The "occult" and christianity

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by 1Trismegistus1, Mar 18, 2010.

1. #1 1Trismegistus1, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
    Ok now, I would like all of you people, to answer me this. The symbology of these 2 pictures is occult in nature, and every little thing about it has a meaning to it. I am going to show you just how blind the faith of most Christians is today. True faith is not blind, faith is based in Reason, belief and faith are 2 seperate things, yet much like the word religion is falsely used today, the same goes for the word faith.

So, here some fairly popular Christian images, having the same hand gestures, and other similar things.

http://photos.merinews.com/upload/imageGallery/bigImage/1245329215383-jesus christ.jpg

Here are your questions my Brothers and Sisters.

Why are Jesus' fingers hands in the positions they are, particularly what does each finger mean and why is it positioned as such on his right hand.

What is the meaning of the red and yellow robe that is draped off, and why is the white robe closest to his body, the yellow 2nd closest, and red the outer?

Why does the heart have thorns around it? Why is there a fire coming out of the top with a Cross on top of it? (you'll notice the same shape minus the heart with fire coming out of it atop Baphomets head, yet with no cross)

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/2007/05/07/jesus_christbook.jpg

In this one, why is purple the color closest to his body and what does it represent, and why is the outer one green.

Why is the top of Jesus head in a partial perfect circle.

Why is the letter O at the top of the cross, and why is the bottom branch of the cross covered by Jesus. Why is the cross in a circle. Why is it brown, and the outside fading out into green, and then near the bottom a purplish hue?

So Brothers and Sisters, if your faith is not blind, you will know why these things are so. Or do you believe what your told because a false prophet whose position is that of One with God has told you "it's just the way it is", and do to his false authority you follow his teaching without question, or out of fear and doubt of death.

2. I agree.

3. #3 KeeneGreen, Mar 18, 2010
    Man made pictures = religious proof?

Next time defending christianity will be so much easier, I'll just use all the plethora of paintings of Jesus on a cross.

4. The hand gesture is universal for both. Thus, it's some kind of religious (or 'occult') meme with some sort of significance. As for what, I can only guess, but it looks to me like the kind of gesture someone gives while giving a sermon or trying to teach about something. Perhaps this gesture was used historically as a means of saying "Listen to me, I'm gonna tell you something!", the same way they passed a conch around in 'Lord Of The Flies' :D

To be honest, there could very easily be no meaning whatsoever. It's likely it's just pure aesthetic taste of the artist. But, if we want to analyse, white is the colour of purity, so white being closest to his body probably is a reflection upon the purity and 'perfection' of Jesus - being 'without sin' and such. The yellow one could be a representation of the sun, growth and such, representing Jesus's life of teaching. The red one could represent his death and sacrifice. So it's kind of a cycle, white = pure in conception and birth. Yellow = life of growth, teaching and spreading knowledge. Red = Sacrifice and death. But I think it's probably just the artist going "That'd look nice..." more than anything ;)

Something to do with the crown of thorns they put upon his head? The fire coming out of the Cross could have something to do with Hell. Other than that, probably once again it's just the artist running wild with their imagination - they already are, as that image of what Jesus looked like is totally imagined.

Purple represents nobility and royalty - you'd have to find out where it was painted though, as that's very much an Angocentric thing. Green represents growth again? I dunno dude, once more it's probably just the artist acting upon a whim.

That's generally the shape of the human head... :D

We might as well ask why there's a W on the left, or a H looking thing on the right - I don't know why you'd single out the O. Regardless, it could mean anything. It could represent 'North', it could have something to do with that old concept of the 'four humours', it could represent the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Really, could be anything. The bottom branch of the cross is covered by Jesus because Jesus is not, in fact, transparent. :D The cross is in a circle because the artist thought it'd be pretty, or because circles represent cyclicism or something similar? As for the rest of the colours, I have no idea, probably once more the artist thinking "That'd be lovely, might just colour it in such a fashion..."

Well, I'm not a Christian or religious at all (been called a 'militant athiest' before), but I wouldn't let THIS shake my faith dude. Quite simply, they're paintings. Paintings with colours and symbols on them, probably put there because of the artists personal whim, and even if not totally irrelevant to modern, daily life. Just saying, you're probably reading too deep into all of this bro... :smoking:

5. #5 findme, Mar 18, 2010

the real question is why do you worry about such things? The only people who would really know why is the people who drew those pictures. It's like asking " why did god make us with 2 eyes?" or "why does weed have 9 leaves?" who knows?

What you should be asking yourself is: "Am I kind and giving to others?"

6. this.

7. #7 1Trismegistus1, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010

Oh quite the contrary my friend, there are definite meanings to these images, and if you'll look at paintings of various different religous people/deities they all have similarities when an Initiate draws them, just as there are definite meanings in in the painting of the last supper. It's simply that Christianity has lost it's mysticism, and hardly anyone knows anything about its actual meaning anymore, the lambs have gotten lost among the goats.

I can tell you why God made us with 2 eyes 2 ears 1 mouth 2 nostrils 4 limbs 1 head and 10 fingers and toes and 2 aposible thumbs as well, this is also symbolic of God's Laws, and not the 10 commandments either. The Laws that rule the physical mental and astral/spiritual planes are all the same.

The Mysteries have always been passed on in all cultures through allegories and symbols so that the profane could not corrupt them, yet what the profane did was interpret them in a false way, though the actual Truths are still there uncorrupted for those who have the Keys to unlock the Doors of the Temple, and he who has eyes and ears (not the physical ones) can see and hear these uncorrupted Mysteries.

Oh, and who ever said I'm defending Christianity? As a matter of fact, Christianity today is very corrupted with theology, the decline began with Constantine. Theres a very specific reason Christians were tortured and murdered, and why Jesus was killed, and the reasons most historians believe it happened only scratch the surface.

I am not a Christian, a Buddhist, a Jew, a Muslim, a Yogi, or any other religous theology, I am a Rosicrucian, and not the ones you know of, I'm a Rosicrucian of the 1st degree, the rosicrucians who advertise themselves today don't even know the meaning of the Golden Rossy Cross they claim to represent, as the true Golden Rossy Cross spans over the goal of every major religion/theology in the world. A buddhist monk could be a Rosicrucian in our true nature, and this monk would know he is a Rosicrucian as well, though he claims Buddhism to blend in to his culture. Seeing as this is the internet and it spans the globe and I am anonymous, I can rightfully profess who/what I am, as no secrecy is being broken in the anonymity of the web.

Oh, and I am very kind and giving to others, my forgiveness is beyond most, I am very "Christ like" in terms of what Christians today believe that entails, and Christ like in a way most don't even know is possible. The visible tree goes deeper than the ground though friend, much deeper, but only a chosen few are able to uncover the roots ;)

8. why was jesus painted as a Caucasian?

9. #9 tharedhead, Mar 19, 2010
    The analysis of Medieval Iconography is long, detailed and can put you to sleep in a hurry. Example for those who are having difficulty sleeping:
    The Hanging of Judas: Medieval Iconography and the German Peasants' War
    Lee R. Sullivan

Cool trivia: Oranges were used as a symbol of of impending death in both The Godfather, and Babylon 5.

Fruit represented love and death, because fruit trees in graveyards fed on the bodies of the dead, and fruit orchards were used for romantic assignations
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIptnixtox8]YouTube - The Mission UK- "Garden of Delight"[/ame]

OP, when Mary is represented, what is the difference between her background being blue, or gold? :)

10. Here's my question to you Trismegistus,

Why are you preaching the occult? Why cast your pearls before swine?

11. #11 findme, Mar 19, 2010

Maybe because the person who painted jesus was... hmm.... Caucasian.

thats not how jesus actually looked of course. He would have been a darker complexion depending on the area he was in.

woah bro, that's some deep stuff right there. Enlighten me with the knowledge.

I am a christian ( or maybe catholic.. I have no idea as my dad is catholic and my mom is christian and they both seem the same to me). I am not like the ones portrayed in the media. I am only beginning to learn about how corrupt everything is... maybe that's why I haven't been to church since I was a little kid.

whats the difference between a Rosicrucian of the 1st degree and christian?

12. I was just about to ask the same thing, but I'm afraid he already answered it.
    The anonymity of the internet.
    BTW I correctly spelled anonymity my first try lol.:eek: I astonish myself.

13. so obviously whoever did the paintings never saw jesus yet we have paints from a lot of other cultures around the Med. Sea even prior before 1 B.C.E. i am just wondering why people take paintings seriously when none of the pictures could possibly be him . . .

14. If you guys wanna learn about this stuff start with Manly P. Hall's Secret Teachings of All Ages:

Secret Teachings of All Ages Index

Index:

The Ancient Mysteries and Secret Societies Which Have Influenced Modern Masonic Symbolism
    The Ancient Mysteries and Secret Societies, Part Two
    The Ancient Mysteries and Secret Societies, Part Three
    Atlantis and the Gods of Antiquity
    The Life and Teachings of Thoth Hermes Trismegistus
    The Initiation of the Pyramid
    Isis, the Virgin of the World
    The Sun, A Universal Deity
    The Zodiac and Its Signs
    The Bembine Table of Isis
    Wonders of Antiquity
    The Life and Philosophy of Pythagoras
    Pythagorean Mathematics
    The Human Body in Symbolism
    The Hiramic Legend
    The Pythagorean Theory of Music and Color
    Fishes, Insects, Animals, Reptiles and Birds (Part One)
    Fishes, Insects, Animals, Reptiles and Birds (Part Two)
    Flowers, Plants, Fruits, and Trees
    Stones, Metals and Gems
    Ceremonial Magic and Sorcery
    The Elements and Their Inhabitants
    Hermetic Pharmacology, Chemistry, and Therapeutics
    The Qabbalah, the Secret Doctrine of Israel
    Fundamentals of Qabbalistic Cosmogony
    The Tree of the Sephiroth
    Qabbalistic Keys to the Creation of Man
    An Analysis of Tarot Cards
    The Tabernacle in the Wilderness
    The Fraternity of the Rose Cross
    Rosicrucian Doctrines and Tenets
    Fifteen Rosicrucian and Qabbalistic Diagrams
    Alchemy and Its Exponents
    The Theory and Practice of Alchemy: Part One
    The Theory and Practice of Alchemy: Part Two
    The Hermetic And Alchemical Figures of Claudius De Dominico Celentano Vallis Novi
    The Chemical Marriage
    Bacon, Shakspere, and the Rosicrucians
    The Cryptogram as a factor in Symbolic Philosophy
    Freemasonic Symbolism
    Mystic Christianity
    The Cross and the Crucifixion
    The Mystery of the Apocalypse
    The Faith of Islam
    American Indian Symbolism
    The Mysteries and Their Emissaries

15. Thank you. I'd rep you but I don't believe I have that ability, not to mention I haven't even started reading this. I'll give it a go.:hello:

16. #16 maxrule, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2010

You are correct in that every single detail of those paintings contains a hidden symbolism but that is not the Jesus that I worship.

The Jesus that I worship does not come with occult hand signs and mystery rites.

in secret have I said nothing. John 18:20

What Trismegistus is talking about is the kingdom of AntiChrist.

All the esoteric fraternities believe in the same philosophies which is essentially the lie that the serpent told in the garden.

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. Gen 3:5\t

This is represented as a halo or a glowing ring around the head or as the illumination lines such as those seen around the all seeing eye on the dollar bill. Even the blazing sun of the Jesuits symbolize illumination, which is logic and reason, the fiery illumination of intellect.

It does not matter if you are Rosicrucian or Freemason, or Skull & Bones, or Golden Dawn, or DeMolay, or Knights Templar, or Shriners, or Jesters or Jesuits... Illuminati,,Illuminati, Illuminati, Illuminati....

Trismegistus is essentially a Jedi Master.

These guys all believe that there is an untapped Christ with in each man but that some of us cling to old ways and refuse that enlightenment.

They would like us to believe that we are evolving in to gods and they are here to guide evolution for us using reason and intellect.

These are the same occult beliefs that were started in the garden of Eden and passed down secretly through Babylon, Egypt, Greece and Rome and then mixed in with the Kabbalah and the eastern philosophies and have now traveled down through the Catholic church and then in to the secret societies leaving us with the Mystery Babylon of today.

Illuminati
    [​IMG]

Illuminati
    [​IMG]

Illuminati
    [​IMG]

Illuminati
    [​IMG]

Illuminati
    [​IMG]

And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east. Ezekiel 8:16

17. #17 1Trismegistus1, Mar 20, 2010
    Ah maxrule, you shouldnt worship Jesus at all! It is Christ you should follow, and the true Christ isn't a man. I will enlighten you on this bit, Brother Christ (yes, the same spirit as Jesus Christ) is one of the Highest Initiates in the Brotherhood of Light, the same Brotherhood as I. You probably believe that this life is the only one you'll ever have and you go strait to heaven for being a Christian too don't you? tisk tisk :(.

I am not casting my pearls before swine, I am simply asking questions. I have not answered those questions, no pearls have been cast.

I am curious as to this Jesus that you worship, I was unaware another one existed? Your teachers have led you astray my brother, the occult is not evil at all. In truth, neither good nor evil truly exist, they are actually the same thing. The way Hell works is not really a judgement so to say, it simply works according to the Law. Look at a thermometer, it is one thing, temperature, yet there are different degrees of it. You cannot point out where hot begins and cold ends, and although 33 is hotter than 32, 33 is also COLDER than 34. "As above, so below, as below so above":) Good and Evil are the same way, the same as Love and Hate are the same pole. There exists a medium between love and hate where there is like/dislike, and also a point where you neither like nor dislike something and it is "neither".

Good and Evil are manmade concepts, yet God resides at the highest polarities at an infinite level and rate of vibration so that he is unseen with the eye. There is nothing Good but God, as he is the true definition in terms of where he resides on the pole of good/evil.

The Freemasons you worry about so much have lost their way, no longer even knowing the true meaning of their symbols or the symbolism of their rituals and handshakes. You need not fear their "evil magical power". Magic is not evil, the birth of our beloved Jesus was accompanied by 3 Mages, though your translation refers to them as Wise Men, yet Wisdom and Knowledge and quite different. They were Mages are very wise, as a mage will never perform an act he does not understand, whereas a sorcerer may have power, but he does not understand the Law behind all of it. Their gifts of Gold Frankincense and Myrhh are all symbolic as well.

Do you know the true beauty and magnificence of the number 3, the triangle, the TRINITY. It is the reason there are 3 dimensions to our physical existence, it's the only way physical existence can happen.

If only you'd look to the right source, you would see that many of these Occult symbols you fear refer to the marvelous works of God, and how God works.

I would like you to understand, that the Rosicrucians have no meeting place such as the Freemasons or Illuminati or Golden Dawn. The Rosicrucians do not meet in this physical plane ever, and we meet very rarely, but when we do meet it is to be assigned tasks to help our beloved fellow man. All of us have the privelege of dissolving our individuality into Heaven at anytime, yet we choose to continue to incarnate to help Gods will manifest a bit faster, as man has somewhat of a free will and does not strictly follow Nature/Gods Will. We meet in counsel before the manifestation of God in both spirit and soul, and when we do our physical body is in a state of death, the heart does not beat nor do the lungs breathe. There are indeed Satanic FOGC Lodges, Adolf Hitler belonged to the 99th FOGC Lodge, but these sorcerors are very weak in comparison to the Almighty God and his true followers.

Your paranoia is unnecessary, though I fear for your Fate because of it, you faith in God is strong, but your teachings are that of Men, and so your faith is put mostly into Men, and not God, though I know your love for God is true, you are simply misguided.

18. What is your opinion on aliens, Trismegistus?

19. slippery and lacking truth.

20. #20 edward, Mar 20, 2010
    I suspect the number 3 has more definitions than the one I perceive, though I understand the triune God concept to correspond with the triune human - we have a soul, an intellect, and an animal nature. These are not listed arbitrarily, but rather in ranked order of importance, such that the first has dominion over the second, and the second over the third. The triangle has only one point that can be the highest. This reflection of the macrocosm with the microcosm is part of the true meaning of as above, so below.

Nature also tells us the secrets of the number three.

What do you think about the number three? I've also found profound significance in 2 and 1... you too? Your posts are immensely interesting to me... please elaborate more.