the number 1

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ezak420, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Numbers, especially 1, can occupy a large portion of our lives. The number 1 represents a whole, complete system. You can break the number 1 down infinitely in fractions and still not get zero. All numbers are extensions of the number 1 just as all things in-existence stem from one common source.  Zero isn't a number, it's an idea. You can't have zero of something because, that would be the same as having nothing of something. The number 1 is static; the basis of all, either becoming infinitely small or eternally big.

2. Why did you make a thread for this?

3. On GC yet!

4. #4 ezak420, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    the number 1 doesn't lie. its one truth you can rely on. its the singularity; experiencing itself as an undifferentiated consciousness. Until you add or take, it remains whole and pure, on point.

5. 0 is the lack of 1. But I agree with you on the 1 but 0 is also a big deal.

6. Great concept. Same applies to the circle...well kinda

7. #7 ezak420, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
    You can fit infinite circles both inside and outside of any circle. only if the circles inside are spaced apart just enough to go on for an eternity there would be no point in the middle.

Not inside. There is a middle, where there won't be a room for a circle, which becomes a point.

I think.

9. Oh you are talking about numerology. Ok i get it.

10. 1 is the loneliest number

11. You can have zero something. Unfortunately for me right now that is zero cannabis :(

12. everything is either a fraction or an extension of the number 1.
    the number 1 contains all information both inwardly and outwardly because its the singularity.

13. If you think 1 is a cool number, wait until you can count to 69! ;)

14. The correct term for the 'point' is a singularity.

But yeah, you were on point.

what fraction of 1 is 0

16. zero isn't a number, its an idea. like black and white aren't colors. white is all colors reflected while black is all colors absorbed.

17. 2 can be as sad as 1

18. zero isn't a number?

take the number 1,000.

What digit is in the tens place? the hundreds place? Riddle me that.

19. #20 Boats And Hoes, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013

... lol.

The label "1000" may appear to posses three zeros in its written form... but, surely there are no zeros in a thousand tangible somethings -- none; even if one were to pile 1 onto itself 999 times. ;)