The Northman

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Saint Duck, Apr 26, 2022.

1. To me the trailers look fantastic. And I've read great reviews. But it's getting hate here in the US for 2 reasons. 1. No Black people in it. 2. It is too Masculine and violent.
    Considering that it is a Viking movie I would kind of expect both of these things to be taken for granted. But the fact that there weren't too many black Vikings running around in real life and the fact that the weapons are actually used is somehow surprising to some. What exactly are we teaching people when a Viking movie draws criticism for being "Too Realistic". That is an actual criticism someone had, it's too realistic. It blows what's left of my mind.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. #2 Vee, Apr 27, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2022

The Northman, an action-filled epic that follows a young Viking prince on his quest to
    avenge his father's murder.

full on action adventure best in Norsk but English is ok, its causing a stir in Scandinavia

38mins review Watch out for the One Shot Berserker Raid,
    Robert Eggers new Viking epic starring Alexander Skarsgard has arrived and simply put...they don't make movies like this anymore. The Northman is a masterpiece, it's Robert Eggers' best film to date and the craft on display is enough to make you believe artistry is still alive when it comes to Blockbuster cinema. By adapting the story of Amleth, aka the story of Hamlet, Eggers is able to use a familiar story to immerse the audience in this visceral tale of fate and revenge with as much authenticity and attention to detail as we've ever seen in a piece of Viking media. Because that's the thing, The Northman is undoubtedly the DEFINITIVE piece of Viking media we've ever gotten. Better than God of War, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Vikings, The Lost Kingdom, and more. It's a movie that examines humanity's vicious, cyclical nature, and the belief that we are captives to our own fate. The Northman is the best movie of 2022 because, similar to The Batman, it made me believe in blockbuster cinema again, that the landscape doesn't have to be dominated by comic book movies or interconnected universes. Sometimes all you need is a filmmaker, an auteur, with an exciting vision to tell a great story in the unique way they know how. That's why the Northman is my favorite movie of 2022. Northman is going to inspire so many up and coming cinephiles. It's going to blow their minds and rock their worlds. It's exactly the kind of film I'd be DYING to see at the age of 15 or 16 and I guarantee you after I left that theater I'd be declaring the northman is my favorite movie of all time. The Northman, The Batman, and Everything Everywhere All At Once are game changers. They're going to inspire an entire generation of film fans and make even the most cynical movie watchers believe that big budget entertainment CAN have meaning, it CAN be expertly crafted and premium. Griffin (@griffschiller) gives you his The Northman review and The Northman analysis and explores how a $90M Viking Movie changed cinema, why the northman is a modern masterpiece, and why everyone needs to see the northman! Enjoy!

Stoner Value - High

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. People will complain about everything.

I was watching a sprite commercial on tv and thought to myself … where are the white or Asian in this video? Only blacks drink sprite now?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. #4 Dizzy, Apr 27, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    Why Evveryting Gotta Be About Race With People. Just Hush An Watch/Enjoy The Movie. Please!

Anywho I Do Wanna See This An Yea Ima Jamaican Woman But IDC That There Ain No Black Folks In The Movie. That's How It Was In Those Lands Duhhh. It Historically Accurate Lol. We Don Care Bout Violents In Movies Either Those Dudes Were Warriors That What They Do.:confused_2:

I Was Thinkin Bout Buyin This For My Husband To Watch He Irish But Like These Kinda Movies Sometimes.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. in this movie skin color is the last on the list as they are often
    so covered in blood and gore, skins, you can't tell ..lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. I really liked this movie. Had a good twist near the end too.

The only bad thing was the fight choreography. It could have been better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought the narrative, action, character development and acting were all well done. I gave it an 8/10 on IMDb. I went with my friend Adam; he told me to check out Robert Eggers' other flicks. I look forward to watching it over and over and possibly buying it. Peace.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1